Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: The Cruisy Sunday Morning Rides for 2008

Bike
    2000 Honda CBR600F4, RG50/GL145 Bucket

The Cruisy Sunday Morning Rides for 2008

The Cruisy Sunday Morning Ride. ("TCSMR")

Replacing our summer The Cruisy Wednesday Night Ride (TCWNR) until the return of Daylight Saving is a Cruisy Sunday ride to interesting places with interesting people. It's an excuse to go out and enjoy the sunday brunch lifestyle and to find pubs and cafes that we'd not normally bother with or to go back to old favourites.

Destinations previously ranged from Featherston, Martinborough, Lake Ferry, Carterton, Wellington city, Karori, Trentham, Paremata, Whitemans Valley, Palmerston North and Paekakariki. The idea is that sundays give us time to go a little further and stay a little longer on our ride than we can do on a Wednesday night. This is great for new riders as the whole thing can be a bit more relaxed.

Groups meet at various locations like Caltex Kaiwhara, Pauatahanui Challenge, the Duck Pond and Haywards to head for the Final Assembly point at Caltex Rimutaka ("Rimutex") or any other place that the group has decided in the previous week might be a good idea, at 10:00am (As a result of this Poll), for a 10:30 departure.

Please Note: This ride is arranged in order to provide a local social riding event for the local KB riders which includes the smaller CC bikes and those who generally prefer slower paced rides.

This event works well by having the group remain as a group when in transit and by travelling at predominantly road legal speeds. We re-group often on these rides where the resulting chats and bike-spotting are often the best parts.

All KB riders and friends are welcome to attend this ride. However, should you struggle to slow to the group's easy going pace, we ask that you be considerate and stick with it so that it is inclusive of new and less adventurous riders.

All first timers are welcome. So feel free to tag along for an enjoyable social event.

Destination ideas are usually discussed in this forum with final determination being made by the group on the day. If we fancy a particular pub or cafe then we'll gauge numbers and can make a booking ... in which case that's where we go.

If the weather looks dodgy on any given Sunday, tune in to this thread for the group decision of go or no-go. See you there!

Bike

Lets kick off TCSMR for 2008

This being the first Sunday of the post-daylight saving era, it's time for The Cruisy Sunday Morning Rides again for 2008.

There's a number of groups talking about going over the hill in the morning, I haven't seen any starting times so here's one from us. The weather today was incredible so we've just got back from a return ride to Wanganui. This weather is too good to not go riding so it's all on again tomorrow.

Nasty SweetP and myself are going to ride to Palmy for lunch so we thought we'd at least do the hill with any others doing it at about that time.
    In formal TCSMR tradition we'll hang around at Rimutex at 10 for the 10:30 kick-off. All are welcome.

There's already a plan afoot being discussed here so it looks like we'll all meet up somewhere during the day.

Bike
    97' Hyosung Comet GT250

Hi

That sounds great, wheres the best place to check for Sunday ride info for nex week..
    It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that Swing!

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Lavay View Post
    That sounds great, wheres the best place to check for Sunday ride info for nex week..
    This is the usual place, someone started it a few years ago so that there was somewhere we knew to look if anyone felt like a pootle on a Sunday. Sometimes you want to go off on your own and at other times it's fun to hook up with a group.

KB tradition is that we re-start these threads for each year's "season" because they get a bit long. I was just a little bit slack in getting this one up and running when daylight saving finished.

Bike
    A few
    Quote Originally Posted by Grub View Post
    There's already a plan afoot .
    Missed that one Grub lol i shall be more vigalent in future !
    A girlfriend once asked " Why is it you seem to prefer to race, than spend time with me ?"
    The answer was simple ! "I'll prolly get bored with racing too, once i've nailed it !"

Bowls can wait !

Bike
    Well the hills were alive this morning. 10am at Rimutex was mad. several edifferent groups all going for a blast over the hill ... including every cage in Wellington

Oh well, our group of 5 went to the "Motorcycle as an art Form" exhibition on the way to our Palmy lunch. The larger KB group sounds like it headed to Martinborough (several times) - there just wasn't a better day for it.

We had a leisurely pootle to Palmy via the Masterton-Mauriceville-Eketahuna loop (you have to do that road), lunch at Eketahuna and the Paihiatua before going shopping at ANZA. That's an amazing place - are ANZA and Motomail the only bikeshops in the country open on a Sunday???? They deserve all the business they get.

We met up with Sunhuntin (and partner), Ynot Slow (and partner), 86GSXR and SarahTvet (partner) for coffees, milkshakes, some cake and chats.

Great day, great country, great bikes, great people - life is good.

Bike
    GSXR750G Daytona 955 Tiger DR650 ZRX1200
    Good to see you guys, nice surprise Give us a shout when you're up this way next and we can show you some real nice roads

Bike
    DL1000 K8 VStrom
    Well the hills were alive this morning. 10am at Rimutex was mad. several edifferent groups all going for a blast over the hill ... including every cage in Wellington
    You're right about that - bikes everywhere yesterday, but good to see. Glad you guys had a good trip through my part of the country. I went with the Ulysses Club from Masterton to Eastbourne, including back roads I have never been on and the bays from Oriental to Lyalls Bay. Hope to meet up with you Wgtn Sunday riders sometime soon.

My KB Videos (and pics): here

Don't ever argue with an idiot.... they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Bike
    2020 ls650 boulevard
    hope these are ok here!!

grub, nasty and sweetp came up over the weekend. i got some shots of two rather nice bikes [sorry jules... didnt have my camera on me!]

grub... you going to share what happened outside anza? i think maybe you should ride in the middle from now...

great to see everyone over the weekend!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sunhuntin 002 (Small).jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	96.7 KB 
ID:	92645   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sunhuntin 003 (Small).jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	78.0 KB 
ID:	92646   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sunhuntin 005 (Small).jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	69.7 KB 
ID:	92647   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sunhuntin 006 (Small).jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	71.1 KB 
ID:	92648   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sunhuntin 007 (Small).jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	71.8 KB 
ID:	92649   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sunhuntin 008 (Small).jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	57.9 KB 
ID:	92650  
    my blog: http://sunsthomasandfriends.weebly.com/index.html

the really happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery when on a detour.

Bike
    2018 Ducati Monster 797
    Blog Entries
    I don't see any buckets in those photos!!

Bike
    07 GIXXER 75OOOHHHH
    Good to catch up again.

You timed the rest stop pretty good,about 30-60 mins earlier it was full outside,so we had subway with my daughter.Then went to cafe which was thinning out.
    Hello officer put it on my tab

Don't steal the government hates competition.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by sunhuntin View Post
    grub... you going to share what happened outside anza?
    No knowledge

Noice pix BTW. Nasty's bike looks hot, it must be nice to ride, I wouldn't know, I HAVENT HAD A RIDE ON IT YET1

Bike
    07 GIXXER 75OOOHHHH
    No knowledge

Noice pix BTW. Nasty's bike looks hot, it must be nice to ride, I wouldn't know, I HAVENT HAD A RIDE ON IT YET1
    Bloody typical eh!!Know the feeling when something new enters the house,I mean I bought a new stove,washing machine and dryer when I bought the house,and haven't been able to use em either wtf?And it's been nearly 2 yrs for stove.

Bike
    2007 CB900
    I let him ride it yesterday .. allbeit with me on the back ... We can't make the ride this week ... am going to be racing up at the buckets!!!

Bike
    07 GIXXER 75OOOHHHH
    Has he turned to the dark side,a ride on a suzuki does that.

Thread Information