Page 1093 of 2629 FirstFirst ... 93593993104310831091109210931094109511031143119315932093 ... LastLast
Results 16,381 to 16,395 of 39434

Thread: ESE's works engine tuner

Bike
    RG50 and 76 Suzuki GP125 Buckets
    Quote Originally Posted by Sketchy_Racer View Post
    That damn EFI is a cruel beast, just constantly teasing!
    Thanks Sketchy, I have known girls like that, kept me enthralled for ages....

Quote Originally Posted by Frits Overmars View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TZ350 View Post
    Instead of thinking big injector to get loads in quickly I think to get best throttle response I need to think smallest injector possible that is only just big enough to do the job at max fuel demand (max torque).
    Your remark 'max fuel demand (max torque)' put me on the wrong track for a moment. The fuel demand is proportional to the generated power, not to the torque. But the fuel demand per cycle is, as you say, indeed proportional to the torque.
    Yes, thanks I can see now that there are actually two maximums, maximum squirt (at peak torque) and maximum fuel flow which is squirt times rpm (at peak power). I guess the two maximums can occur together or close together if you have a peaky engine and max fuel flow might not necessarily be at max rpm (ie lower in the over rev area).

Bike
    '76 RD-400C
    Wobbly, this doesn't apply to your project, and I offer it only as a point of interest or for some future application. If you look at the rather grainy photo of the powerhead on that www.konny.cz website, observe the two bearings that the rotary-valve drive belt runs over to make its right angle turn. In the original Konig design, these two bearings were on a common shaft, thus parallel to each other. Some years later, bigger carburetors were employed, and for the belt to clear them this required that those bearings be mounted independently of each other so that they could be splayed out and no longer parallel to each other. You might be able to see this in the photo.

This is boats, not bikes, but one engine-builder came up with a variable-timing valve for the Konigs, centrifugal controlled, and the guys he gave it to said it did have some effect on lap times.

Again, do you think that the great imbalance of the steel disk makes a difference to belt life (these belts had to be set quite tight), and could this be improved by making the disks of titanium or some reinforced plastic (as long as necessary stiffness is maintained)? Of course, a half-speed disk, where it could be used, would eliminate the balance issue, and have less inertia as well.

By damn, am I ever learning a lot from you, Wobbly!! All of you guys, for that matter!

Bike
    Norton Manx
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bimota 500 Vdue  2.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	29.8 KB 
ID:	308209Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bimota 500 V Due  1.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	46.1 KB 
ID:	308208

Would not worry to much TeeZee, even the best have struggled with 2T EFI ...

http://www.motorcyclespecs.co.za/mod...%20v%20due.htm

It ran like a pig, then overheated , then stopped. So I sent it to a man in the know - 2 stroke god Mark Brown from Nottingham, to be adapted to have oil injectors moved to the throttle bodies to run like a normal two stroke. Mark Brown completely sorted the bike from top to bottom. I also had the water cooling system adapted to stop it over heating, changed the ECU units as faulty ones came with bike, swapped the fuel pump as it was gunged up and not working correctly and put 3 different speedos on it until I found one that worked.

The first production models arrived in 1997 and right away major problems became apparent. Yes, they passed emissions testing and the bike was 50 state legal - but the fuel injection system was not at all sorted out, and the bikes were almost completely un-rideable. Throttle response was terrible, the engine hunted badly at steady speeds, and power delivery was extremely violent and only came on at the top of the rev range. While it was light and quick, power wasn't up to snuff among the crop of high powered super bikes that began to emerge in the late 90s. Aside from being despicable to ride it also had electrical faults, a tendency to foul spark plugs, and had some major mechanical faults that led to piston and crank seizures.

But all was not lost. One of the project engineers, Piero Caronni, bought the remaining bikes and spares when the company went into receivership. He subsequently began modifying and fixing the issues, culminating in the Evoluzione 03, Evoluzione 04 and Edizione Finale models - introduced in 2003 and 2004. All used carburetors and modified engines with much improved reliability. Power was up as well, to 120 hp for the 03 and 130hp for the 04 and Finale. These sorted bikes have a strong cult following, with dedicated owners who are quick to dismiss the bad reputation surrounding these machines.

Name:	Suter-SRT-500-Factory-V4-track-bike-06-635x613.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	121.9 KB 
ID:	308210

Maybe this lot will have better luck.

Anyway I am sure you will get it figured out, I have bet money on it.

In fact there are a bunch of us taking bets.

Name:	g.bfilm.arbuckle.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	20.3 KB 
ID:	308211
    Factual Facts are based on real Fact and Universal Truths. Alternative Facts by definition are not based on Truth.

Bike
    TZ400
    The rotary valve we will use in this new engine is made of carbon/kevlar so its inertia and out of balance is minimal - its even being made in the good ole USA.
    Frits is right about the RV be it on the side or out the back - but using the sliding plate idea on the closing side of the inlet port gives a much better throttle connection
    to enable easyer riding of an overpowered beast.
    In fact Neal and I have discussed the next step to this design, being a pair of plates geared together that would close both sides of the port like a scissor blade action.
    Thus equally reducing the open and close points simultaneously - and that leads onto the logical conclusion you could close the port altogether, deleting the throttle action within the carb or Injector.

In the project I am working on, the new cylinder has a servo controlled 2 stage power valve that like an Aprilia will be working up to around 12,000 rpm, well into the powerband used
    when negotiating corners.
    Thus using the slider pipe should only be needed off the line to get up onto the plane, and not at the bottom of the powerband mid corner.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Carbon RV.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	378.0 KB 
ID:	308212  
    Ive got a thing thats unique and new.To prove it I'll have the last laugh on you.Cause instead of one head I got two.And you know two heads are better than one.

Bike
    zuma50
    TZ, can you balance injector sizes so they're both always functioning, but either or is working harder than the other when need be?

Bike
    -
    Is texturing the surface of the RV housing beneficial for performance, or durability of the disc, or both? How much can be gained there in terms of power or lifetime?

Bike
    TZ400
    In an old 125 TM125MX I did for open karts the crank only had 0.5mm clearance within the case.
    I machined the side faces and the OD of the crank pocket to make it 1.5mm and at the same time removed 5mm from the reed face.
    This got the case volume back to where it was.
    Reducing the boundary layer friction by doing this was worth 0.5 to 1 Hp at the sprocket.
    Never had the chance to do a back to back on a RV but every fast one I have seen has some sort of patterned cut on both faces.
    I did once have the faces treated with a PTFE piston coating on a 20,000 rpm RV engine and this reduced the disc and case wear to nil.
    Ive got a thing thats unique and new.To prove it I'll have the last laugh on you.Cause instead of one head I got two.And you know two heads are better than one.

Bike

Name:	Smaller Injectors Fri 23rd 7-15 001.JPG 
Views:	108 
Size:	240.3 KB 
ID:	308248

Ok after months in the wilderness I finally figured it out. I was right about needing smaller injectors.

So it looks like, to maximize tune-ability you need to minimize the injector size......... in hindsight its so obvious really ....

Now that I have smaller injectors fitted, on the bottom right gauge you can see the number 2 injection pulse width increasing and decreasing and it is coming back onto the throttle much better now that the EMS has some pulse width range to play with.

Not perfect yet but very very promising.

Bike
    NSR300 F3, ME BUCKET

Opps.

Yes its tuning related.

The ram air on the NSR300 is working strong. But maybe some sort of mesh needs to be added. Or this could happen again.

Bird sucked through the front intake and into the carb. Poor thing. Not pretty.

Was not my 300. Happened on the other one today at Manfield.

Name:	bird strike_230115_0234.JPG 
Views:	130 
Size:	362.8 KB 
ID:	308255Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bird strike_230115_0235.jpg 
Views:	132 
Size:	695.2 KB 
ID:	308254

Bike
    Suzuki GP125 Bucket
    Quote Originally Posted by richban View Post
    YBird sucked through the front intake and into the carb.
    You dont see that everyday, might be a world first.

Bike
    Suzuki GP125 Bucket
    Quote Originally Posted by TZ350 View Post
    Ok after months in the wilderness I finally figured it out. I was right about needing smaller injectors. Looks like, that to maximize tune-ability you need to minimize the injector size......... its so obvious really .... Not perfect yet but very very promising.
    Good work TeeZee, clever, very clever and 10 out of 10 for perseverance.

Bike
    Aprilia GP 125 & 250, 91 & 92 models
    Quote Originally Posted by wobbly View Post
    In an old 125 TM125MX I did for open karts the crank only had 0.5mm clearance within the case.
    I machined the side faces and the OD of the crank pocket to make it 1.5mm and at the same time removed 5mm from the reed face.
    This got the case volume back to where it was.
    Reducing the boundary layer friction by doing this was worth 0.5 to 1 Hp at the sprocket.
    Never had the chance to do a back to back on a RV but every fast one I have seen has some sort of patterned cut on both faces.
    I did once have the faces treated with a PTFE piston coating on a 20,000 rpm RV engine and this reduced the disc and case wear to nil.
    Wobbly, I wonder how long the PTFE coated cases would last, what sort of hours did the PTFE coated cases run for, is this something you are going to do again or would you use a more modern coating today
    Cheers

Bike
    Exercycle
    [QUOTE=wobbly;
    Ibea flat slide with 3 jets is the real shit as they flow well and are fully tweakable in every respect - especially if its a rare ( expensive as hell ) flat slide..
    The only issue is that they need a fairly big bore around the throttle plate and a small venturi in front of that - unless an aux venturi is fitted, then the flow capability is compromised.[/QUOTE]

Looks like i can get my hands on a 30mm Ibea which was used on a Parilla 100. Suitable in your opinion for a roadrace 100 ? From one of your old sparring partners back in the day, several alky Ibeas but this is the only petrol one he has.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by jonny quest View Post
    TZ, can you balance injector sizes so they're both always functioning, but either or is working harder than the other when need be?
    Good idea but No, the Ecotrons software does not allow it.

Bike
    a shed full of crazy shit
    Quote Originally Posted by richban View Post
    Yes its tuning related.

The ram air on the NSR300 is working strong. But maybe some sort of mesh needs to be added. Or this could happen again.

Bird sucked through the front intake and into the carb. Poor thing. Not pretty.

Was not my 300. Happened on the other one today at Manfield.

Name:	bird strike_230115_0234.JPG 
Views:	130 
Size:	362.8 KB 
ID:	308255Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bird strike_230115_0235.jpg 
Views:	132 
Size:	695.2 KB 
ID:	308254
    My bike went off song..... Still to early

Thread Information