Page 287 of 2629 FirstFirst ... 1872372772852862872882892973373877871287 ... LastLast
Results 4,291 to 4,305 of 39427

Thread: ESE's works engine tuner

Bike
    gp125 rg50 rs125hybrid
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by husaberg View Post
    Look at the rules again its motors and transmission parts
    Not motor and transmission parts
    The devil is in the detail..
    so you mean to tell me I can't use an rs125 motor but I can use the parts within the motor

and i can use an rs gearbox but not the parts within ?

and I thought our moded 24mm carbs where iffy
    Talk about pushing the rules
    "Instructions are just the manufacturers opinion on how to install it" Tim Taylor of "Tool Time"
    “Saying what we think gives us a wider conversational range than saying what we know.” - Cullen Hightower

Bike
    bucket FZR/MB100
    The other thing is that standard Honda MB/H100 cranks are good for 14,000rpm all day for around 6 years of regular bucket racing at Ohakea, Manfeild, and Taupo. There is absolutely no need to use anything except genuine Honda MB/H100 crank parts. The ONLY reason I don't is because Wobbly made me, he's very convincing.

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by speedpro View Post
    My rod and little end and big end bearings came out of a catalogue which Pete Sales has.
    Is your rod and bearing designed for a competion engine?

I'd hate for anyone to make hypocritical statements Mike
    I believe dave came up with the for competition engine bit on your own accord

Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    Perhaps refresh yourself with the rules on MNZ site. Parts are parts. If they come from competition engines then they aren't legal. Exception for pistons, ign, carb pipe.
    So if one found a source of bearings that weren't specifically for a comp engine then that should be ok.
    Does that mean dave is saying your cheating to
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    gp125 rg50 rs125hybrid
    Blog Entries
    Is your rod and bearing designed for a competion engine?
    bucket racing is not competion

ITS WAR
    "Instructions are just the manufacturers opinion on how to install it" Tim Taylor of "Tool Time"
    “Saying what we think gives us a wider conversational range than saying what we know.” - Cullen Hightower

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckets4Me View Post

and i can use an rs gearbox but not the parts within ?

no the gearbox contain competion tranmission parts these are clearly defined as not legal
    I reminder distinctly .

Bike
    RG50 and 76 Suzuki GP125 Buckets
    Maybe you should seek clarification regarding the rule from the MNZ if you want.
    Getting clarification on a rule is harder than you think.

Over the last few months I have written three times to MNZ regarding clarification of the 24mm carb rule without any outcome, or even an acknowledgement, and yes I did phone the office to check they had receved them.

At the last Mt Welly meeting JC talked with the Road Race Commisioner about clarification of the carb rule so lets hope something comes of that.

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by TZ350 View Post
    Getting clarification on a rule is harder than you think, I wrote three times to MNZ regarding clarification of the 24mm carb rule, and even had JC chase it for me but no reply yet.
    Sorry for hijacking your thread TZ
    But I love a good crap fight hows the engine work going have you considered a mvx250 carb 24mm flat slide I think 3 for $80
    Also with you carbs I seem to remember something with disk valve engines needing different emulsion tubes in bells book like a 4 stroke just an idea but I don't think they are replaceable on Keihins are they.
    I reminder distinctly .

Bike
    bucket FZR/MB100
    I don't cheat. There is no satisfaction building a great engine with cheater parts. I haven't "interpreted" the rules to fit a part.
    "Technically" if you were to fit a washer from a CR gearbox it would be cheating. Some CR80 gearboxes do fit evidently and have slightly different ratios. Some minor parts could overcome a deficiency allowing an advantage. The rules are written, and generally interpreted, to more or less balance things out.

Bike
    husaberg
    I don't cheat. There is no satisfaction building a great engine with cheater parts. I haven't "interpreted" the rules to fit a part.
    "Technically" if you were to fit a washer from a CR gearbox it would be cheating. Some CR80 gearboxes do fit evidently and have slightly different ratios. Some minor parts could overcome a deficiency allowing an advantage. The rules are written, and generally interpreted, to more or less balance things out.
    Answer the question Mike is you rod and big end crankpin etc designed for a competition motor if they are
    Dave says you are cheating not me .
    I think you are using the rules as they are written to say you don't interpret the rules is weird did you build your engine without looking at the rule book your game if you did how did you know the engine size then?
    I reminder distinctly .

Bike
    husaberg

Blah I am sad to Gav

Quote Originally Posted by gav View Post
    Always sad to see people thinking they can interpret the rules differently to try and gain an advantage. Then when its pointed out to them, they start mentioning the "spirit of buckets" etc etc.
    Its always sad to see hipocrocy you are not calling speedpro a cheat are you so whats the diference .
    I reminder distinctly .

Bike
    husaberg
    My rod and little end and big end bearings came out of a catalogue which Pete Sales has. None of the parts in my engines are illegal. For the record I am using a Yamaha KT100 kart piston which is fine as pistons are open.
    I hope you are not using Kt100 Gudgeon pins and circlips or shit not kt100 rings too,
    because guess what they are not mentioned as free in the rules it says pistons are free no mention of rings pins circlips being open .
    So guess what by your own and daves and Gavs and Jasons interpretations You are not with in the rules
    I find it obserd to be called a cheat when I have a std big end it's sad really.Stirrer yes that fair i love doing that.
    I reminder distinctly .

Bike
    Suzuki GP125 Bucket
    I find it obserd to be called a cheat when I have a std big end it's sad really.Stirrer yes that fair i love doing that.
    If you want to bait people, maybe you could start your own thread, and not hijack this one. The Team ESE thread is about show and tell and sharing what your doing, and open to all in the hope they will contributed in a positive way.

Bike
    gp125 rg50 rs125hybrid
    Blog Entries
    no the gearbox contain competion tranmission parts these are clearly defined as not legal
    ye but I dont want to use the parts I want the compleat thing.
    there for legal as are the parts inside the engine (but not the compleat engine)

or so say you

enough of the baiting now lets get back to work

now I have started you a thead. Can we keap the silly talk there please

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/sh...s-for-husaberg

Bike
    TZ400
    Quote "so you mean to tell me I can't use an rs125 motor but I can use the parts within the motor
    and i can use an rs gearbox but not the parts within ?"

NO dead right and dead wrong, in parts - read what I said about the KT100. You can use KT100 parts as much as you want, just not a KT100 motor.
    So yes, you could use a RS125 crank, and rod etc, but NOT the whole motor, the rule states "Roadrace MOTORS" are not allowed - but NOT that the CRANK from a roadrace motor is illegal.

Same as I said about using a KT100 gearbox ( if it had one ) That would be illegal.
    As a competition gearbox part,of any sort, is not allowed.So ANY RS125 gearbox part is illegal.

I dont give a fuck about being "lynched", all im doing is reading the rules as they are written, and having been thru many court cases over rule interpretation in karting, where the outcome could mean the driver gets a shot at F1 or not ( or so the fathers cheque book thinks) this argument is very amature.

Put simply again, an RS125 "MOTOR" is illegal, and ANY RS125 "TRANSMISSION PARTS " are illegal.
    Thus the obvious logic is that using individual MOTOR parts from an RS125 are perfectly OK, but using a 2nd gear from a RS125 in say a MB100 if it fitted ,is out.
    Ive got a thing thats unique and new.To prove it I'll have the last laugh on you.Cause instead of one head I got two.And you know two heads are better than one.

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by bucketracer View Post
    If you want to bait people, maybe you could start your own thread, and not hijack this one. The Team ESE thread is about show and tell and sharing what your doing, and open to all in the hope they will contributed in a positive way.
    Look my last reply to tz please .
    Sorry for hijacking your thread TZ
    But I love a good crap fight hows the engine work going have you considered a mvx250 carb 24mm flat slide I think 3 for $80
    Also with you carbs I seem to remember something with disk valve engines needing different emulsion tubes in bells book like a 4 stroke just an idea but I don't think they are replaceable on Keihins are they.
    Getting clarification on a rule is harder than you think.

Over the last few months I have written three times to MNZ regarding clarification of the 24mm carb rule without any outcome, or even an acknowledgement, and yes I did phone the office to check they had receved them.

At the last Mt Welly meeting JC talked with the Road Race Commisioner about clarification of the carb rule so lets hope something comes of that.
    Debate arround the rules is contributing to the tread in a positive way.Debate is healthy.
    I agree personal attacks are not.
    Do i agree this has gone to far yes of couse it has.
    But please read wobblys reply he's smarter than us both put together, and he's actually took the time to read what I posted rather than jumping to conclusions.
    Yes I did respond when I was attacked in tandem by dave and Mike but simply because you can not have your cake and eat it to with regards to the rules.
    The rules are the rules and I believeI was offering the interpation which is the obvious interperation if you read it properly.
    I hate hipocracy displayed by dave and to a greater extent speedpro.This started because I was pointing out souces for better big ends and how to reference them.
    Please read the origional post that started the scrap slowly with a open mind .
    I reminder distinctly .

Thread Information