Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Honda VFR1200 a big fat lemon?

Bike
    Speed Triple 1050, '89 Spada
    I thought it was hideous when I first laid eyes on it. But it is the kind of ugly that grows on you (like mould does) after a while. Now it doesn't look so bad. BRM never seem to write a critical review or let us just say they are very careful with their words.
    Quote Originally Posted by FlangMaster
    I had a strange dream myself. You know that game some folk play on the streets where they toss coins at the wall and what not? In my dream they were tossing my semi hardened stool at the wall. I shit you not.

Bike
    KTM 890 Adventure
    Quote Originally Posted by James Deuce View Post
    Heaven knows the VFR's big enough to fit one of those.
    Cars have been piling on the pounds over the last few years, Colin Chapman’s spinning in his mausoleum. Bikes too, nigh on 90Kg heavier than my tractor for gawd’s sake, and all for the sake of a couple of technobaubles. S’not worth it
    Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon

Bike
    Its a Boat
    Quote Originally Posted by Swoop View Post
    Going by the English prices, it may end up being close to 30k.
    The article said NZ will get the base model in early 2010 and the rest of the series in August.
    Tui, anyone?
    Correct, you get $105 change out of $30K....
    Cyclespot are taking deposits now for Feb'.

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocean1 View Post
    Cars have been piling on the pounds over the last few years, Colin Chapman’s spinning in his mausoleum. Bikes too, nigh on 90Kg heavier than my tractor for gawd’s sake, and all for the sake of a couple of technobaubles. S’not worth it
    I have only one thing to say. 170kg, 146bhp. Two things. Sorry.
    If a man is alone in the woods and there isn't a woke Hollywood around to call him racist, is he still white?

Bike
    KTM 890 Adventure
    Quote Originally Posted by James Deuce View Post
    I have only one thing to say. 170kg, 146bhp. Two things. Sorry.
    Lets talk about torque.

I'll trade teh tractor in next year, I'm waiting on you to depreciate it for me some first.
    Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon

Bike
    CB919, 1090R, R1200GSA
    Blog Entries
    Thats an ugly bike...

If it does have a small tank (I'm so not interested, I'm not even reading up on its stats) you've just managed to kill off any appeal the likes of blackbird/ST1300 buyers had, as those two bikes had big ranges. For some areas of NZ, this is a real bonus, especially when you throw in the endurance events.

It looks like they've tried for a hybrid between short and long distance country riding... the market differences between say, VFR800 - CBR1100XX - ST1300 is pretty damn big... Jack of all trades, master of none
    Quote Originally Posted by Jane Omorogbe from UK MSN on the KTM990SM
    It's barking mad and if it doesn't turn you into a complete loon within half an hour of cocking a leg over the lofty 875mm seat height, I'll eat my Arai.

Bike
    Aprilia Shiver 750, Suzuki RG150E
    Remember the first VTR thou came with a small tank but subsequent versions had a larger one. Maybe update number-one will sort that out (along with weight-shed etc etc etc).

"...you meet the weirdest people riding a Guzzi !!..."

Bike
    1994 honda vfr750
    Quote Originally Posted by Swoop View Post
    Not so.

The 800 will continue in production.
    Latest BRM article on the 1200 and the re-review of the 800, as reference here.
    my thaughts aswell the artcles ive read all say the 800 will contnue, finger crossed the 750 may be due an upgrade soon
    bike for sale must sell quick http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/List...x?id=290155086
    for all tattoo needs call nat at FRESH INK TATTOO STUDIO 027-2959882 or freshink@hotmail.co.nz also on face-book with most pictutes, In upper hutt very competive pricing mention your a kb'er for discount

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nico View Post
    my thaughts aswell the artcles ive read all say the 800 will contnue, finger crossed the 750 may be due an upgrade soon
    The only articles I've read claiming that have been in two Autralasian magazines. 750 upgraded? You're a being just a bit delusional there.

My thoughts are that Honda will increasingly back away from the big bike market. Of the 15,000,000 bikes they sold last year, 14,000,000 were commuters of 150cc or less. The VFR1200 is supposed to be coming in a bunch of different guises and the designer has been quoted numerous times as saying that the 800 is too gutless for two-up work in the market it is aimed at, due to things like the FJR1300, STX1300, and even the Bandit 1250 out-performing it in the two-up Sports Tourer role.

As I've said before the Honda plant producing big bikes (including MX and off roaders of all types) is down to half capacity and it can still build the Australasian yearly allocation in less than a day.
    If a man is alone in the woods and there isn't a woke Hollywood around to call him racist, is he still white?

Bike
    FransAlp 700
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryDorsetCase View Post
    something that doesnt look like a big pile of poo and have all those gee gaws and clutches and ABS and all that malarkey. You know. A motorbike. that looks like a motorbike.
    Something like le Scrambleur?

Bike
    Several old ones

VFR 1200 Knockers !!

Hey, I dont think you can knock a bike like this until you've ridden it, sat on it, felt it and smelt it. Give it chance.

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    I'd love to, but given Honda's lack of Demos in NZ, I'll have to wait until someone with the need to own 30k of Honda buys one and giz us a go.

Bike
    Time to flip that coin...
    Quote Originally Posted by rocketman1 View Post
    Hey, I dont think you can knock a bike like this until you've ridden it, sat on it, felt it and smelt it. Give it chance.
    You could say the same about my ex mother in law, yet I'm blissfully content to refrain from giving her a chance. Similar thing with the VFR1200 I think.
    Only a biker knows why a dog sticks his head out of a car window.

Bike
    2002 Aprilia RST1000 Futura
    Check this out, official site for the VFR1200 release:

http://www.feelvfr.com/en_GB/pages/mainpage

Bike
    CB919, 1090R, R1200GSA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rocketman1 View Post
    dunno about you... but I like to fancy the bike I am riding... not walk up to it backwards and walk away when finished...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jane Omorogbe from UK MSN on the KTM990SM
    It's barking mad and if it doesn't turn you into a complete loon within half an hour of cocking a leg over the lofty 875mm seat height, I'll eat my Arai.

Thread Information