Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Playday on track twilight Tuesday 24 March

Bike
    Superduke 990
    Quote Originally Posted by biketimus_prime View Post
    Looking at this...
    Check out Torpedo7 for their standing pumps too.

Oh... and try and get a good sleep the night before the night before... because you'll be too excited to sleep on track day eve

WELLINGTON: Tag-o-rama

Bike
    Tyre Shredder
    Yeah I really doubt I will ride past the limits of my bike on the day, if anything I expect I will have brake fade and run off the track or try keep up with someone and run off after bitching out of entering a corner.
    The most likely thing that will happen is you'll enjoy yourself, and booking your next one as soon as you get home. Ride within your limits and build your confidence and speed throughout the day you'll be sweet. If you manage to get the brakes fading as a track novice in a few 15 minute sessions then it's time to start racing.
    Ciao Marco

Bike
    2015 DRZ400SM, 2010 R1
    Haha cheers for the great advice guys. I used to take my car a lot and I know what you mean about sleep, the excitement the night before never ever wears off!
    Assumed I'd be brake fading as that is one of the first things I did in my car back in the day too.
    I was setting good lap times but to go faster I needed to spend more and it just wasn't worth it.
    Hopefully I can get my kicks longer from bike track days before outgrowing what I have. Will let you know how it goes

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    Dont worry to much about tyre pressure being perfect, just run good road pressure as in the novice group you are mainly going at road speeds.

You can run in the upper groups on cheap bikes, it is not easy to outride a motorcycles potential. Im on a 4k bike and about to go into G3 at ART days and it has way more speed than I do.

You will only boil the fluid if it is very old and you are on the brakes to much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    but once again you proved me wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    I was hit by one such driver while remaining in the view of their mirror.

Bike
    Honda PC800
    Biketimus prime- My simple advice is to set the bike up EXACTLY as you would for your normal road use.
    Don't muck around with tyre pressures etc.
    you don't need the head damage and it isn't going to make the day any more enjoyable or safe.
    Setup I'd be having you do is exactly the same stuff a prudent rider does anyway. Lever gaps correct for you etc.
    like I posted earlier-concider it to be a section of road with no cars no white lines and no traffic cops.
    put simply--RELAX

just one bit of advice over and above that I must stress strongly--DON'T LOOK BACK.

I won't go into why not here but just don't
    To see a life newly created.To watch it grow and prosper. Isn't that the greatest gift a human being can be given?

Bike
    A rough 2007 Hornet 900
    Here's hoping it dries out a bit this arvo!

Bike
    1987 GPX 250
    I think it will be fine. I'm feeling a bit shit after the 2 dayer at Taupo on the weekend so i'm gonna miss this one. Hopefully I can do at least one of the days at Easter.

Bike
    Normally Suzuki
    Im as sick as a dog and will not get there today
    shaun@motodynamix.co.nz

I love my job Call 0223210319--AKA Shaun

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    Im not bothering, all the old farts will leave wee on the racing line!
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    but once again you proved me wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    I was hit by one such driver while remaining in the view of their mirror.

Bike
    2015 DRZ400SM, 2010 R1
    Looks like it's meant to clear up later today. My friend who was meant to go with me can't go now as his 1tonne jacket won't zip up anymore after it's 4th use!
    I think I might try put the hyobag on the ute or try find a small trailer just for my bike and still head down.

Bike
    A rough 2007 Hornet 900
    Looks like it's meant to clear up later today. My friend who was meant to go with me can't go now as his 1tonne jacket won't zip up anymore after it's 4th use!
    I think I might try put the hyobag on the ute or try find a small trailer just for my bike and still head down.
    I'll still be heading out mate. Taking my ute + hyo. I'll have my ramp and all that jazz with me.

Bike
    2015 DRZ400SM, 2010 R1
    What a day!
    Good to meet Frosty and sushibandit!

Loved it but the hyo is horribly inadequate when we're around the other bikes
    Absolutely fried the edges of my tyres, never thought I'd be capable of it.
    I need to move off the bike more rather than lean it so much as I scraped footpegs, gear shift lever and even the lower part of my fairing.

I did give a guy on a ducati a good scare into turn 1, I was coming in to pass him waaay quicker than he was going and just gunned it after looking back and seeing me. That was the highlight of my day!
    But pretty gutted about the rain. Only got 2 sessions. I have to ride the bike to uni tomorrow so I didn't want to take chances after having such a good run.

Bike
    Honda PC800
    I for one had a frikkin ball.
    To see a life newly created.To watch it grow and prosper. Isn't that the greatest gift a human being can be given?

Bike
    2015 DRZ400SM, 2010 R1
    Quote Originally Posted by FROSTY View Post
    I for one had a frikkin ball.
    Yeah I noticed haha, great stuff

Bike
    Honda PC800
    Yeah I noticed haha, great stuff
    Right up until I decided douggie was NOT going to go past me in the wet on T6. weeeeee back wheel overtakes front wheel

Thread Information