Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast

Thread: Discussion on Mentor Programme

Bike
    CBR450RR
    Blog Entries
    So, this is looking like one of those interweb discussion thingies, ie lots of opinions, lots of arguing, plenty of chest beating and it goes nowhere.
    Zen wisdom: No matter what happens, somebody will find a way to take it too seriously. - obviously had KB in mind when he came up with that gem

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Bike
    GSXR 750 the wanton hussy
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    You're really fond of that little :Me after your name, aren't you.

Does it make you feel important?
    I couldn't give a toss, and no it doesn't make me feel important. But I do take it seriously, online and real world. Acting like a vocabulary-stunted 5 year old isn't very helpful.
    Do you realise how many holes there could be if people would just take the time to take the dirt out of them?

Bike
    2006 Hyosung GT650R
    Quote Originally Posted by The Stranger View Post
    We should ALL of us think for ourselves. Listen to opinions, listen to our concience, listen to advice consider our position on a topic and decide for ourselves.
    If that was so, then why do you act to prevent it?

Everyone can and does make up their own mind, quite independently of your comments. Or mine. It's the Internet.

If it's all just a sea of opinion, then why go on a mission to censor others with your angry diatribe? All you accomplish is to belittle others and reveal your character. Or lack of it.

No one is asking for queens' english from the mentors, but whether they like it or not they represent KB in the knowledge department, and without the members there would BE no KB. So I submit mentors should show some appropriate behaviour, at least to the people who voted them there.

Above all, a mentor should be prepared to be wrong. People who are never wrong usually are quite a lot.

Steve
    "I am a licenced motorcycle instructor, I agree with dangerousbastard, no point in repeating what he said."
    "read what Steve says. He's right."
    "What Steve said pretty much summed it up."
    "I did axactly as you said and it worked...!!"
    "Wow, Great advise there DB."
    WTB: Hyosung bikes or going or not.

Bike
    Katanasaurus Rex
    Quote Originally Posted by DangerousBastard View Post

Everyone can and does make up their own mind, quite independently of your comments. Or mine. It's the Internet.

If it's all just a sea of opinion, then why go on a mission to censor others with your angry diatribe? All you accomplish is to belittle others and reveal your character. Or lack of it.

No one is asking for queens' english from the mentors, but whether they like it or not they represent KB in the knowledge department, and without the members there would BE no KB. So I submit mentors should show some appropriate behaviour, at least to the people who voted them there.

Above all, a mentor should be prepared to be wrong. People who are never wrong usually are quite a lot.

Steve
    Fuck off. When someone gives shit advice on here they deserve to be given shit.

And if someone gets upset over some swear words on here, they should harden the fuck up.

Bike
    2018 GSXS1000
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by katman View Post
    you're really fond of that little :me after your name, aren't you.

Does it make you feel important?
    i want one!

Bike
    Katanasaurus Rex
    Quote Originally Posted by carver View Post
    i want one!
    They don't give you any 'Get out of Infraction Free' cards.

Bike
    1990 Yamaha Virago XV1100
    Quote Originally Posted by carver View Post
    i want one!
    We've got a special one ready for you:

:LookAtMe!
    Can I believe the magic of your size... (The Shirelles)

Bike
    Africa Twin! 2018 all the fruit!
    I'm looking forward to seeing what that might bee!LOL.
    Every day above ground is a good day!:

Bike
    Baby Gixxer
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Virago View Post

Hahahaha, carver would only then need to change his user name to LookAt then!
    I lahk to moove eet moove eet...

Katman to steveb64
    I'd hate to ever have to admit that my arse had been owned by a Princess.

Bike
    Various

Act to prevent people making up their own mind?
    When was this DB?

Sure it's the Internet DB and I expect it means different things to different people. Having worked with computers too long I realise the truth in the old adage "garbage in garbage out" by idly sitting by and watching garbage go in I know damn well what will come out. Let me help you there - garbage. When I see garbage go in I point it out in no uncertain terms is all. Think of it as a public service.
    You on the other hand seem think the Internet means that everyone should hear and for some strange reason enjoy every whimsical airy fairy notion that per chance pops into your head. Well fine, that's your take on it, but don't think for a minute I should care a fuck for them.

You would have me accept your view of what the Internet is, don't be a hypocrite, do me the same courtesy and accept mine. I accept your right to be a numb nuts, accept my right to point it out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tank
    You say "no one wants to fuck with some large bloke on a really angry sounding bike" but the truth of the matter is that you are a balding middle-aged ice-cream seller from Edgecume who wears a hello kitty t-shirt (in your profile pic) and your angry sounding bike is a fucken hyoshit - not some big assed harley with a human skull on the front.

Bike
    Various

Steve
    See my previous post.
    Now this is a classic case of several of your whimsical notions just popping randomly into your head. Though I must admit, it is quite an effective strategy you have there. Put soooo much crap in one post it is almost not worth the time and effort to rebut.

Representing KB in the knowledge department? really?
    So you're acknowledging I have greater knowledge than you?
    Well thanks, be sure and remember your admission when next we argue on a point won't you.

Did you vote for me as a mentor DB?
    Did you vote for MSTRS or Katman.
    NO you didn't so don't go preaching that shit here. That said, we would show you more appropriate behaviour, however site rules prevent this.

Unlike some DB I strive hard to not be wrong. I think before I post and if I don't know what I'm talking about I shut the fuck up - unless an opinion is called for. I am not never wrong, it just feels like it to you because you frequently are is all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tank
    You say "no one wants to fuck with some large bloke on a really angry sounding bike" but the truth of the matter is that you are a balding middle-aged ice-cream seller from Edgecume who wears a hello kitty t-shirt (in your profile pic) and your angry sounding bike is a fucken hyoshit - not some big assed harley with a human skull on the front.

Bike
    Katanasaurus Rex
    Personally, I've never been comfortable with having a glaring :Me after my name.

I would far prefer that the list of mentors was simply available somewhere for those who actively wished to find one.

I never asked for the role. I was nominated and felt it would be a slap in the face for the person who nominated me if I didn't accept the role if it was offered.

Being placed in the position of being a mentor is not going to change who I am in the slightest. I have made it plainly clear where I stand with regards to how we should be seen conducting ourselves in our motorcycles. My 'Excessive Inappropriate Language' (now there's a new infraction category - cheers Nasty) is just stiff shit for those who can't handle it.

If anyone wishes to avail themselves of my mentoring services I'm happy to oblige. But don't for a minute think that I will portray myself as someone I'm not simply because of anyone elses preconceived ideas of what a mentor should be.

Bike
    2018 GSXS1000
    Blog Entries
    They don't give you any 'Get out of Infraction Free' cards.
    i would sell them to you!

Quote Originally Posted by Virago View Post

Quote Originally Posted by PrincessBandit View Post
    Hahahaha, carver would only then need to change his user name to LookAt then!

MEntal

Bike
    2022 Triumph Speed Twin 900
    I'll never get an ME after my name cos other "ME's" after their name hate me.
    Not that I don't care to share and teach but I've learnt to live with reality.
    ME will never be for me.... BUT..... that doesn't stop "me" riding and thoroughly enjoying it.
    If the destination is more important than the journey you aint a biker.

Sci-Fi and Non-Fiction Author
    http://www.smashwords.com/profile/view/pcfris

Bike
    Katanasaurus Rex
    Quote Originally Posted by beyond View Post
    I'll never get an ME after my name cos other "ME's" after their name hate me.
    Boo hoo.

Thread Information