Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Riding during the coming lockdown

Bike
    '76 CB550 Super Sport
    I don't think JATZ is as delicate as you Bozzos.

Bike
    2022 Honda CB500X, CBR150RS F4 Bucket
    Its simple you want loved ones and friends to die? - go right ahead be a dick. You want as few kiwis as possible to die then relax at home for four weeks. If you not part of the solution, you are part of the problem. The only way this virus gets spread around is by people. Stay at home. Essential travel only. Observe the rules and we'll get thru this as quickly as possible.
    Sometimes you wish it was easier, but if it was, everyone else would do it, then you remember you don't want to be like everybody else!

Bike
    '76 CB550 Super Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by timg View Post
    Its simple you want loved ones and friends to die? - go right ahead be a dick. You want as few kiwis as possible to die then relax at home for four weeks. If you not part of the solution, you are part of the problem. The only way this virus gets spread around is by people. Stay at home. Essential travel only. Observe the rules and we'll get thru this as quickly as possible.
    You do understand how a virus is transmitted? Certainly a solo rider doing a round trip will not pass it on. Seems we are no allowed to visit our perants. Not to confirm that though. I so a trip over to Hastings could be in the near future. Via back roads of course....

Bike
    R100GSPD
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonez View Post
    You do understand how a virus is transmitted? Certainly a solo rider doing a round trip will not pass it on. Seems we are no allowed to visit our perants. I so a trip over to Hastings in the near future. Via back roads of course....
    its all good in theory i agree,but its all over the news not to go hunting,tramping fishing etc .I was seriously considering loading up the 4wd and going to a remote camping spot for a few days.
    I think they are keeping simple.DONT GO OUT,means just that regardless of our perceived threat level.

Bike
    F800GS
    I don't think JATZ is as delicate as you Bozzos.
    I'm as delicate as a lotus flower

Bike
    Aprillia RSV1000R 92 KX500
    Blog Entries
    You do understand how a virus is transmitted? Certainly a solo rider doing a round trip will not pass it on. Seems we are no allowed to visit our perants. Not to confirm that though. I so a trip over to Hastings could be in the near future. Via back roads of course....
    The police should be alerted to be on the lookout for a motorcyclist breaking the lock down rules on those back roads. Won't be hard for them to spot. Snowflakes are rare in March

Bike
    F800GS
    @ Bonez...
    Re read your signature line. What if this time you lose ?

You may be fine. But what if Steve down the road sees you and decides to go out too. He calls his mate Dave and convinces him to come, just for a quick blast to the beach. Dave stops for gas and doesn't wear gloves when filling up. They get to the beach OK and stop for a smoke. Dave wipes his nose because it's been a bit cold and there's been a bit of leakage, then hands Steve a beer from his backpack. They then head home to wives and kids (kids who have been sneakily playing with the neighbors kids and all is good with the world, they lived to tell the tale.

Or did they ?

Next week there's a community outbreak in their hood. The lock down now stretches out to 8 weeks. More financial hurdles for small businesses, even McDonald's is sent into financial ruin. Which snowballs into the States, their economy collapses and India becomes the new world financial powerhouse. Taking over the world and not just one diary at a time. Before you know it fried chicken and chips is our national dish and we all have a statue of Vishnu in the lounge to worship.

You go ahead and go for your ride, it's gonna be fine

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWST? View Post
    and if you said you were going to the supermarket or getting fuel that would probably accept that but i am thinking their idea of local, and yours would differ somewhat.
    Originally it would have differed, as would have Rastuscat's and others as were posted in the other thread. As with everything involved with this virus, the situation changes quickly and the horizons have shrunk considerably.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    '76 CB550 Super Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by JATZ View Post

You go ahead and go for your ride, it's gonna be fine
    Why thank you....

Lemmings will be lemmings in any situation. I am not responsable for other peoples actions. I know I can do a 350km round trip without touching or gettinjg anywere near a human being.

Bike
    Twowheeled
    Why thank you....

Lemmings will be lemmings in any situation. I am not responsable for other peoples actions. I know I can do a 350km round trip without touching or gettinjg anywere near a human being.
    Then you are an arrogant fuck. It's not all about you.

Bike
    '76 CB550 Super Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxPenguin View Post
    Then you are an arrogant fuck. It's not all about you.
    Now who bragged about going for a ride on illegal bikes Hmmm MaxPenguin.....

The first 4 days or so will be a bit caotic then things will settle down....

Bike
    Twowheeled
    Now who bragged about going for a ride on illegal bikes Hmmm MaxPenguin.....

The first 4 days or so will be a bit caotic then things will settle down....
    Not actually doing it now. Was only half serious anyway. Hopefully you are just having a laugh too. If not then my prior post applies.

Bike
    2000 kawasaki zzr1100, 88 1500 goldwing
    Quote Originally Posted by rastuscat View Post
    Do some time on a cordon. For anything really, a murder, fatal, earthquake,anything. Put up some detour signs or even road closed signs.

Then wait for everyone to turn up expecting you to provide them with a personal traffic management plan, and to give you a thousand reasons why the restriction doesnt apply to them.

And so here we are, debating whether we will be allowed to ride our bikes for pleasure.

Are we not in a global pandemic which has already killed thousands? Are we not in a position to try to avoid a far worse outcome?

Grow up.
    its actually amazing how many people believe that a road closed sign does not apply to them, I have been nearly run over (to the point of having to dive in to the flaxes to get out of the way), I have been abused, I have been threatened, I have had people try to squeeze between vehicles used to block roads and the try the old "oh i didn't realize the road was closed", then there are the reporters, wow some of the shit they try is amazing.
    Had one guy get abusive with me not very long ago that i made take the detour even tho i knew the road was going to be opened in a few minutes, the detour was an extra half hour, that was satisfying.

Bike
    '76 CB550 Super Sport
    You will never know.,,,

Bike
    R1200RT LC
    Quote Originally Posted by russd7 View Post
    y get abusive with me not very long ago that i made take the detour even tho i knew the road was going to be opened in a few minutes, the detour was an extra half hour, that was satisfying.
    It's one of the pleasures of the job.

Thread Information