Thread: Calling all Modern or Classic Scramblers owners bikes needed for fashion shoots.

Bike
    KTM Duke 200

Calling all Modern or Classic Scramblers owners bikes needed for fashion shoots.

Hi All,

So I am pro photographer who is starting a new online mens magazine as a side project.

I am looking to do a fashion shoot that will be a homage to beach racers of years gone by. My main reference is of the beach racers held a muriwai in the late 40's http://www.barnstormers.co.nz/843/be...-muriwai-1949/ which is where I
    am wanting to shoot it mostly because of the logistics of getting models and travel time etc.

I am looking for either classic bikes that people would be willing to take on the beach for the shoot or modern day scramblers. Looking for around 3 bikes to use on the shoot.

As I am doing this off my own back there wont be any fee available however I will take individual photos of the bikes which I will able to supply to you plus give full credit in the magazine for your assistance and of course bragging rights!

Here is a screen shot of a moodboard (sort of mix of ideas) for the shoot.

and here is a link to my website so you know I am not full of it:

http://www.damienvandervlist.com

Appreciate any help in making this happen.

P.s. I am a fellow biker

Bike
    KTM Duke 200
    Anyone interested in this? Or know another facebook group or community that might be able to help?

Bike
    So old you won't care
    Is there an Auckland classic bike club?

You could try these guys - http://deuscustoms.com/store/new-zealand/ as they may have some customers that are keen...

FWIW the scramblers we used to use on the beach back in the day don't look anything like the pipe wrapped versions people build now... My 1970 TR6C street scrambler is just that - a street scrambler.... Its about as at home on the beach as I am... (ie not very)

Bike
    1972 Norton Commando
    There is no Auckland Classic Club that I'm aware of, only the motorcycle section of the VCC. Some othe guys there actually raced at Murawai back in the day and still have the bikes.
    Drop Martin a line and he'll send it out to the wider group.
    DeMyer's Laws - an argument that consists primarily of rambling quotes isn't worth bothering with.

Bike
    KTM Duke 200
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul in NZ View Post
    Is there an Auckland classic bike club?

You could try these guys - http://deuscustoms.com/store/new-zealand/ as they may have some customers that are keen...

FWIW the scramblers we used to use on the beach back in the day don't look anything like the pipe wrapped versions people build now... My 1970 TR6C street scrambler is just that - a street scrambler.... Its about as at home on the beach as I am... (ie not very)
    Thanks that link goes no where but will try and find a contact from Deus ... didnt know they were even doing customs over here. Maybe they are made to order imports only.

Yeah I hear ya, its sort of a loose reference to those racers and bikes. Hell if someone wants to help me out with originals I am all for it but trying to be realistic here.

Try6c is a nice bike bro love to see a pic.

Bike
    KTM Duke 200
    Quote Originally Posted by Voltaire View Post
    There is no Auckland Classic Club that I'm aware of, only the motorcycle section of the VCC. Some othe guys there actually raced at Murawai back in the day and still have the bikes.
    Drop Martin a line and he'll send it out to the wider group.
    Thanks for suggestion I have just emailed him see where it goes.

Greatly appreciated. (might want to take his email of your post now so he doesnt get spamed!).

Bike
    1972 Norton Commando
    Quote Originally Posted by damovdv View Post
    Thanks for suggestion I have just emailed him see where it goes.

Greatly appreciated. (might want to take his email of your post now so he doesnt get spamed!).
    Can you remove from your quote too
    DeMyer's Laws - an argument that consists primarily of rambling quotes isn't worth bothering with.

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by damovdv View Post

As I am doing this off my own back there wont be any fee available
    i can help, if you mention this to the gas station so they can do the fuel used for nothing please.

Bike
    1972 Norton Commando
    Quote Originally Posted by jellywrestler View Post
    i can help, if you mention this to the gas station so they can do the fuel used for nothing please.
    You could Free style ride down Murawai Beach in the buff perhaps...

Bike
    KTM Duke 200
    Quote Originally Posted by jellywrestler View Post
    Well of course i would have paid for fuel cost for anyone who helped out.

Thread Information