Page 20 of 105 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070 ... LastLast

Thread: Jacinda

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    The police where he was stationed would have received tactically sound firearms instruction. The rest of the counry, not so much.
    This is something I've heard from multiple different sources.

From People I've met face-to-face, all the way to Jenny May on TVNZ.

If I'm to be charitable - It seems the Police are still operating under a paradigm of the 1950s where most potential Candidates for the Police would have a functional knowledge of Firearms and Firearm safety, and so the number of training days and training rounds (which is absolutely shockingly low) is in theory designed to be in conjunction with their personal experience and training with Firearms.

However, recent Firearm law changes have kyboshed any personal training that any member of the Police was able to do.

I'm very much of the opinion that if Officers are going to be routinely armed (and that includes carrying a Glock and an AR in their Patrol car), then they need to be training at least once a month and with a number of rounds comparable to a sport shooter. Shooting is a perishable skill.
    Physics; Thou art a cruel, heartless Bitch-of-a-Mistress

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemonLord View Post
    This is something I've heard from multiple different sources.

From People I've met face-to-face, all the way to Jenny May on TVNZ.

If I'm to be charitable - It seems the Police are still operating under a paradigm of the 1950s where most potential Candidates for the Police would have a functional knowledge of Firearms and Firearm safety, and so the number of training days and training rounds (which is absolutely shockingly low) is in theory designed to be in conjunction with their personal experience and training with Firearms.

However, recent Firearm law changes have kyboshed any personal training that any member of the Police was able to do.

I'm very much of the opinion that if Officers are going to be routinely armed (and that includes carrying a Glock and an AR in their Patrol car), then they need to be training at least once a month and with a number of rounds comparable to a sport shooter. Shooting is a perishable skill.
    Part of that training needs to include the mental strength to take the shot. Too often in NZ we see occasions where the police draw but don’t shoot. Contrast that with American logic where once an officer has drawn his weapon he’s already made the decision to use it when challenged.

The American cop who took out mass shooter said in his book he religiously trained frequently and it paid off when he took down nutter at near max pistol range with seconds notice saving lives.
    Govt gives you nothing because it creates nothing - Javier Milei

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by R650R View Post
    Part of that training needs to include the mental strength to take the shot. Too often in NZ we see occasions where the police draw but don’t shoot. Contrast that with American logic where once an officer has drawn his weapon he’s already made the decision to use it when challenged.
    Care to fill everyone in on the occasions where a NZ police officer has drawn his weapon and not taken a shot when he clearly should have?
    Be interesting to see you avoid this. Let's be honest here you avoid any questions, as your posts rarely are able to withstand any scrutiny.
    Because there have been thousands of occasions where A US officer has shot someone they should not have. But hey, why let logic have anything to do with your latest troll.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by husaberg View Post
    Care to fill everyone in on the occasions where a NZ police officer has drawn his weapon and not taken a shot when he clearly should have?
    When the "Christchurch Shooter" was stopped. Clearly knowing it was the guy that did the shooting. Obviously he still had weapons still in his vehicle. And obviously had "The mental strength" to pull the trigger.

So what stopped the Police opening fire .. ??

1. It would have saved court costs ... ??

2. It would have saved his Jail costs ... ??

3. By example alone ... others considering the same action as the shooter ... might just reconsider ... perhaps ... ??

BUT ... It has generally been regarded as standard NZ Police procedure/intention ... to apprehend an offender ... and bring them to justice in a court of law.

Interestingly/curiously ... while the New Zealand Police is a government department with a minister responsible for it ... the commissioner and sworn members swear allegiance directly to the Sovereign. And ... by convention ... have constabulary independence ( This is the doctrine that the powers of the constable are "original", i.e. that "in using their legal powers" ... constables are accountable only to the same law which defines those "powers" ) from the government of the day.

From the NZ Herald 2020.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/police...XIJZOOJ6OVALI/
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    I think.we would all feel much safer if the Police had a more Judge Dred approach and fired their weapons at the first moment they felt threatened. Like if the Perp was wearing leather and had some face cover. Maybe if he was going for his licence. Can't be too careful.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    I think.we would all feel much safer if the Police had a more Judge Dred approach and fired their weapons at the first moment they felt threatened. Like if the Perp was wearing leather and had some face cover. Maybe if he was going for his licence. Can't be too careful.
    That approach seems to work in the USA ...

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post

I prefer to live in a country where we let the people with a vast amount of legal experience take into account all the facts with plenty of time to make a ruling rather than a split-second decision.Its funny that all the right wingeersthat want to shoot first ask question later, all seem to agree that no mater how overwhelming the evidence against trump its never enough to prove he was ever guilty.........
    I reminder distinctly .

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Quote Originally Posted by FJRider View Post
    That approach seems to work in the USA ...
    And also in communist countries which seem
    So popular on here
    Govt gives you nothing because it creates nothing - Javier Milei

Bike
    husaberg
    So popular on here
    No surprise how you never addressed the glaringly obvious issues in your original post. At least you are consistent.

Be interesting to see you avoid this. Let's be honest here you avoid any questions, as your posts rarely are able to withstand any scrutiny.
    Because there have been thousands of occasions where A US officer has shot someone they should not have. But hey, why let logic have anything to do with your latest troll.
    I reminder distinctly .

Bike
    less than I used to have

I prefer to live in a country where we let the people with a vast amount of legal experience take into account all the facts with plenty of time to make a ruling rather than a split-second decision.Its funny that all the right wingeersthat want to shoot first ask question later, all seem to agree that no mater how overwhelming the evidence against trump its never enough to prove he was ever guilty.........
    ...hmmmm...face it , she's a cunt...no links provided...

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by ellipsis View Post
    ...hmmmm...face it , she's a cunt...no links provided...
    I could see why you might say that seeing as she's the most popular PM in a century and a member of the most popular NZ government ever, the little minx how dare she......
    Not only that fortune magazine voted her the world's greatest leader 21 second 2019, 29th 2018.
    That little bitch how dare she makes the opposition look so crap, that they lose an election by a record amount and have to have three leaders in three months and 5 in three years.With each National party leader more inept and more unpopular than the last.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-a9522696.html
    I reminder distinctly .

Bike
    She resents being called a bike
    Blog Entries
    So popular on here
    Oh My God... capitalism and communism. Next the left will be figuring out that the left are just as corrupt as the right and that calling for the fall of the left to install a right leaning government is somehow going make a difference... and vice versa, and that armed police is a necessary response to an armed threat. Best weapon is Education, but hey, there ain't no teachers left worth listening to.
    I didn't think!!! I experimented!!!

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    So popular on here
    Whataboutism.

Someone ridicules A'merca for its shoot innocent people police force, and your response is that we all love communist countries. Complete bullshit.

When did anyone sing the praises of norf diarrhea or chine-na? There are fuck all other communist countries left. Is is a failed social experiment.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    I prefer to live in a country where we let the people with a vast amount of legal experience take into account all the facts with plenty of time to make a ruling rather than a split-second decision.
    So, you're finally supporting the repeal of the 2019 Arms Amendment bill then?
    Physics; Thou art a cruel, heartless Bitch-of-a-Mistress

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    We'll miss you ...

Nah ... just kidding. We won't miss you ...

Thread Information