Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stolen Motorcycles

Bike
    04 Buell XB12R 06 WR250F

Stolen Motorcycles

Sorry Delete if not allowed, With the theft of a lot of Dirt bikes, over the last year, and not many being recovered, just wondering what is going on, when you see large groups riding dirtbikes on the streets, no helmets, no regard for road rules. Most of the bikes are probably stole, give some the benefit of doubt and maybe legit. Where are the cops? to busy setting up road blocks, checking WOF, Rego, and RUC, this is getting out of hand,
    If you have a bookface page I mean Facebook put this in the search (STREET BIKELIFE) But yeah not just dirt bikes, all types of bike old and new, What the hell are the Cops doing.
    Why would you ride that long and that gnarly stuff if you don't have to, Its what we do, we love it.
    Nathan Woods R.I.P.

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    I've had 2 dirtbikes stolen over the years so pretty paranoid. Only got one back due to actions of a mate who saw some kids on it. Cops don't stand a chance. Totally disorganised and always some new crime to be too late to, pass over files to next guy who then goes on leave. They just aren't set up to catch that sort of thing.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    anything I can get my grubby wee paws on
    I 'lost' a bike in December - I'm putting gps trackers on my bikes now.
    =mjc=

Bike
    Moto Guzzi LeMans

dirt bike gange in Otara

I saw these fellas at the lights near the motorway enter at Otara. At least 20 dirt bikes in bro land, some riders had gear but many had no helmets. The wheelies they did were pathetic but they were in a hurry to go somewhere, looked a bit strange, could they be stolen, nah.

Bike
    KTM
    no way, this shit happens in NZ?

far out - what a shit hole auckland must be now.

I guess the police are more concerned with knocking one of the buggers off their bikes, giving them a concussion and then having to deal with a fucking spastic in our society.

I would like to think that they can identify most riders without helmets pretty easily, and hit them up at home later in the week. dad's jandals probably make more imapact than any un-paid fine might.

Bike
    04 Buell XB12R 06 WR250F
    The thing that gets me, is all the the bikes would be stolen, they have scant disregard for the law. Police can't really do anything, hell when my bikes were stolen, the cop spoke to the neighbor, who saw / reported the whole thing, she gave them a good description of the guys the vehicle they where driving, and rego number she was not quite sure on one number thought it was letter L . Cop said didn't come up with anything, so was no use. We had changed the letter L for the number 1 carjam plate number and bang, got vehicle as described. Cops bloody useless. We had done all the work, spoke to neighbors who had security cameras got copies, A week later the cop, comes to interview me, they hadn't even started the investigation. Had to tell him I had already got one bike back, and that was through no effort on there part. He was more interested in how I got it back than anything else.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Why would you ride that long and that gnarly stuff if you don't have to, Its what we do, we love it.
    Nathan Woods R.I.P.

Bike
    04 Buell XB12R 06 WR250F
    I know one of these clowns has my bike, Anyone who's had a dirt bike stolen should check these guys out, one bike in the video definitely looks like mine, if any one else can identify there bikes, maybe group pressure on the police might get something done, If the currant situation is left and nothing done this will really get out of hand as more and more young kids will want to be like them.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Nathan Woods R.I.P.

Bike
    KTM
    If ya call crimestoppers the cops are required to investigate

also if you are being robbed you can simply yell at the burgler - that's illegal - and they are obligated to stop.

Bike
    Africa Twin! 2018 all the fruit!
    As sent to Old Guy earlier tonight.
    I'm afraid OG, it's too later, these little FUCKTARDS are already riding around causing and looking for trouble.

Hey OG, tell me they haven't got yer jam jar, please.
    We see these fucking idiots riding through the intersection of Hill Rd and Charles Prevost drive the the 20's, most no gear, always riding straight through the red lights.
    They are daring the cops or ordinary people to try to stop them.
    I reckon if you could get a look at the bikes they're on they would almost all come up as stolen.
    Even standing on the side of the road with your phone up is enough to have them slow and look at you, I know, Ive done it, will continue to do so too.
    Love to simply bat one of their bike at watch the carnage.
    Every day above ground is a good day!:

Bike
    04 Buell XB12R 06 WR250F
    Quote Originally Posted by caseye View Post
    As sent to Old Guy earlier tonight.
    I'm afraid OG, it's too later, these little FUCKTARDS are already riding around causing and looking for trouble.

Hey OG, tell me they haven't got yer jam jar, please.
    We see these fucking idiots riding through the intersection of Hill Rd and Charles Prevost drive the the 20's, most no gear, always riding straight through the red lights.
    They are daring the cops or ordinary people to try to stop them.
    I reckon if you could get a look at the bikes they're on they would almost all come up as stolen.
    Even standing on the side of the road with your phone up is enough to have them slow and look at you, I know, Ive done it, will continue to do so too.
    Love to simply bat one of their bike at watch the carnage.
    Long story, but yep 2 got stolen SP1 and WR, got the SP1 back, missing a few bits, and had to replace ignition and gas cap, as they were wrecked, was looking at one of the videos this rider has a camera on his chest, as he pops a wheelie camera points toward the fuel tank which looks alot like the IMS tank I put on mine. would love to see side on.
    Nathan Woods R.I.P.

Bike
    KTM
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Citize...st#New_Zealand

Other situations where members of the public are protected from criminal responsibility when involved in arresting where:

They witness a breach of the peace, and therefore are justified in interfering to prevent its continuance or renewal, and may detain any person committing it, in order to hand them over to a police officer provided that the person interfering does not use more force than is reasonably necessary to prevent the continuance or renewal of the breach of the peace, or than is reasonably proportionate to the danger to be apprehended from its continuance or renewal.[49] Similar legislation applies to suppressions of riots by members of the public.[50]

-

http://www.legislation.govt.nz/act/p...+act#DLM328262

Suppression of riot
    Every one is justified in using such force as is necessary to suppress a riot, if the force used is not disproportionate to the danger to be apprehended from the continuance of the riot.

--

More info on what constitutes a 'Riot' in NZ

87Riot
    (1)
    A riot is a group of 6 or more persons who, acting together, are using violence against persons or property to the alarm of persons in the neighbourhood of that group.
    (2)
    Every member of a riot is liable to imprisonment for a term not exceeding 2 years.

Bike
    KTM530EXC
    Any tips on the best GPS devices? Internal battery? Life? Range?
    Engraving ID or #plate here and there ... might be another way to approach theft.
    "May all your traffic lights be green and none of your curves have oncoming semis in them." Rocky, American Biker.
    "Those that give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin, 18th C.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rok-the-boat View Post
    Any tips on the best GPS devices? Internal battery? Life? Range?
    Engraving ID or #plate here and there ... might be another way to approach theft.
    Those things might help but in some circumstances you'd still need police help to get the bikes back, and you might need luck with that.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    KTM530EXC
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    Those things might help but in some circumstances you'd still need police help to get the bikes back, and you might need luck with that.
    I'm not a pushover guy, plus have some like-minded friends. Maybe I would just go get my bike. Well, I would say to the police ... my bike is in such and such a place and I am now going to get it. If they refuse to help ... what right would they have to stop someone retrieving their own property? I should add, I could not imagine the police not helping if I knew where my bike was. They like to solve crime right? No point being a cop if you're not on board with that one...
    "May all your traffic lights be green and none of your curves have oncoming semis in them." Rocky, American Biker.
    "Those that give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin, 18th C.

Bike
    anything I can get my grubby wee paws on
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    , and you might need luck with that.
    Nah Mate,

I've got some mates with big black leather jackets ( and belts ).

Just need the target location....
    =mjc=

Thread Information