Page 16 of 35 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: Engine Size Questions

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by mr bucketracer View Post
    OMG just thinking . That slower than the old man was doing lol .he will be a happy man when I tell him.
    grown men don't say OMG

Bike
    RG50 and 76 Suzuki GP125 Buckets
    Quote Originally Posted by jellywrestler View Post
    by comparison?? the mini moto was on the short track including the return to pit slip road, the Gixxers were on the full track so no comparison at all
    Quote Originally Posted by TZ350 View Post
    Harry Parker(Gixxer) at 1:44s
    Maybe this is a better comparison and more likely, but the Gixxer is 9 seconds a lap adrift of the FXR, still early days though.

me 1:35s with a stock bike (FXR150), tt100 tires

Bike
    a shed full of crazy shit
    Maybe this is a better comparison and more likely, but the Gixxer is 9 seconds a lap adrift of the FXR, still early days though.
    Quote Originally Posted by richban View Post
    Manfeild. Me with a 1:29.761
    I reckon with a skinny kid on a fast bike you could se a 26 around there.
    I don’t recall this having been beaten over the last few years (could be wrong).

But 1:44 Is better than >100km/hr average.
    Our junior class has a range from 1:21s to 1:50s, so they have a home.
    Not too bad given they are producing the same power as my lawnmower.
    If it can get more kids into our sport then fken yay.

I still don’t understand bucketters objections and referenced rules.
    Can someone actually point them out to me?
    As I’m making a start on our VMCC rules for next year; my reading of the current rules is different (as previously stated).

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by Bert View Post

But 1:44 I’d better than >100km/hr average.
    before you read too much into this, i don't recognise one single name there that has actually road raced before, for a number of them it was their first day on the bike and first day on a track, remember to race the class you mustn't have scored any top five results in a road racing national championship race, ever. so they're all newbies.

Bike
    Our junior class has a range from 1:21s to 1:50s, so they have a home.
    Not too bad given they are producing the same power as my lawnmower.
    If it can get more kids into our sport then fken yay.
    Absolutely.

I still don’t understand bucketters objections ...
    One could be the legal protest problem of having a skinny kid cleaning up with a bike that is technically ineligible.

Or the skinny kid on an ineligible bike taking down the championship leader.

Or the newbie skinny kid on a technically ineligible bike causing harm and injury thereby exposing the organizers to legal liability, something of a real problem in these OHS times.

And another was pointing out that for cart tracks they could not be totally standard bikes but would have to be properly nylon-ed for track protection.

Earlier in this thread I read comments from Bucketters who in spite of any technical problems, would be open to the idea.

And so maybe the real biggie is the perceived attitude of some who have gone about promoting/pushing the idea and that seems to have eroded quite a bit of the natural goodwill that Bucketters generally welcome newbies with.

before you read too much into this, for a number of them it was their first day on the bike and first day on a track, remember they're all newbies.
    That might be true but I was comparing front runner with front runner.

But like you say, Gixxers are a beginners class and that along with the fact a Gixxer is old air cooled technology, it could easily account for much of the time difference I expect, so not exactly comparing apples with apples I guess.

Bike
    suzuki
    And another was pointing out that for cart tracks they could not be totally standard bikes but would have to be properly nylon-ed for track protection.
    as they are they are not totally standard bikes, having had some work done to get them legal for road racing, and there has been some nylon added already.
    this is clearly a case of cup half full or cup half empty attitude.

Bike
    Norton Manx
    ... this is clearly a case of cup half full or cup half empty attitude.
    Might be easier if you lost the attitude.
    Factual Facts are based on real Fact and Universal Truths. Alternative Facts by definition are not based on Truth.

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by FastFred View Post
    Might be easier if you lost the attitude.
    there's a lot of that, tall poppy syndrome, and a large proportion on here...

Bike
    less than I used to have
    there's a lot of that, tall poppy syndrome, and a large proportion on here...
    ...I was going to pull an evil amount of Dock plants around our pond before I went up to Manfield a couple of weeks ago...didn't have time and when I got back they had grown from a foot high to well over three to four foot...I got rid of the tall Poppies, as fuckwits from the city were jumping fences out in the country stealing them, as they thought they could milk them...fuckwits...

Bike
    suzuki

can you show me one example of a bucket racer that except for the nylon add ons is totally standard?

Bike
    I think the thinking was that adding extra nylon for a cart track might put them off side with the Gixxer no mods rules.

No, stock is not a Bucket requirement but there probably are quite a few FXR's that are pretty stock.

There was a (air cooled I think??) Hysong powered bike at Kaitoki that was pretty dominant, maybe still is. So if the Gixxers could be nylon-ed up to Kaitoki standards without disqualifying themselves from the Gixxer class I guess they could be a reasonable ride at cart tracks if the minor eligibility issue could be sorted.

Bike
    suzuki
    I think the thinking was that adding extra nylon for a cart track might put them off side with the Gixxer no mods rules.

simple, race bikes need fettling, add the nylon for the kart tracks, remove it for the national championship once a year series, the suzuki series don't apply the national class rules, i doubt the winter series does either.
    people will find a way to put them on the track, if they want to.
    i would have liked to see better spec'd models here, why, cause then we put the word out to south east asia to bring all their bikes over and have a real party, although given the cost of these it would probably be worth them just buying a bike here and ditching it at the airport, or bucket track and going back home....

Bike
    GPR150
    simple, race bikes need fettling, add the nylon for the kart tracks, remove it for the national championship once a year series, the suzuki series don't apply the national class rules, i doubt the winter series does either.
    people will find a way to put them on the track, if they want to.
    i would have liked to see better spec'd models here, why, cause then we put the word out to south east asia to bring all their bikes over and have a real party, although given the cost of these it would probably be worth them just buying a bike here and ditching it at the airport, or bucket track and going back home....
    what I would off liked to of seen
    i'm over buckets

Bike
    suzuki
    what I would off liked to of seen
    again, how many people go and buy a new bike to race that will put bread and butter on the dealers table?

anyway, here's what aussie done, what do your aussie bucket mates have to say about these?
    http://www.suzukimotorcycles.com.au/...-s125/features

here's the indian gixxer cup AIR COOLED bikes
    http://www.suzukigixxercup.in/#popup

Bike
    GPR150
    Wonder how much that bike is . Has the beSt of both worlds. Made it 100 for F5 or 150 for f4
    i'm over buckets

Thread Information