Page 31 of 35 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: Engine Size Questions

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Watching the tv feed I picked out one bike that even without a slipstream was noticeably faster than the others. Assuming the weight limits were being followed I couldn't see why that it would be able to pull a few bike lengths on the straights. Rider didn't seem to be exiting the corners any better than the bikes around him.

Does anyone know if Suzuki dyno'd them to make sure there wasn't too bigger difference between the engines?

All in all through looked like some entertaining racing going on even if they were going so slow I thought a seagull beat them down the straight

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TZ350 View Post
    Maybe this is a better comparison and more likely, but the Gixxer is 9 seconds a lap adrift of the FXR, still early days though.
    Chap at wangas was well out in front after a few laps. Fell off on a white line in front of us. Never took the same line twice, like within a metre. He took off his helmet and it turns out that the problem must have been his ridiculous haircut.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    Exercycle
    No they weren't dynoed. They were built quick and dirty. Current info is 4 engines sealed and two scheduled to be stripped post Levels. So far....

Having so little hair left it couldn't be called a haircut, I'm not qualified to comment on that sorry, Dave...But the race of saturday in the solos anyway was 300 prod where the pensioners fought it out hard - Charlett V Ramage. One to Denis so far. Who needs mad youth with weird hair when those two will give you superb riding.

Bike
    YLR150RR and a RD350LC
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumph View Post
    No they weren't dynoed. They were built quick and dirty. Current info is 4 engines sealed and two scheduled to be stripped post Levels. So far....

Having so little hair left it couldn't be called a haircut, I'm not qualified to comment on that sorry, Dave...But the race of saturday in the solos anyway was 300 prod where the pensioners fought it out hard - Charlett V Ramage. One to Denis so far. Who needs mad youth with weird hair when those two will give you superb riding.
    So thats why they call you Grumph
    My neighbours diary says I have boundary issues

Bike
    Various things
    ..But the race of saturday in the solos anyway was 300 prod where the pensioners fought it out hard - Charlett V Ramage. One to Denis so far. Who needs mad youth with weird hair when those two will give you superb riding.
    I've never raced against Denis, but Ramage is certainly a wiry Old Dog to race against. Effortly fast.

Bike
    Exercycle
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasherfromwayback View Post
    I've never raced against Denis, but Ramage is certainly a wiry Old Dog to race against. Effortly fast.
    Probably worth at least a second a lap at Levels too....

Bike
    Various things
    Probably worth at least a second a lap at Levels too....
    First and only time I ever raced there I was given a lesson. Then Tony Sampson skittled me and two others. Shit day at the office.

Bike
    BSA A10
    No they weren't dynoed. They were built quick and dirty. Current info is 4 engines sealed and two scheduled to be stripped post Levels. So far.....
    And supposedly one found with an after market ecu

They were getting their own little chat after riders briefing but I didn't stick round to see what it was about, maybe they're getting told to pull their heads in
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough power."

Quote Originally Posted by scracha View Post
    Even BP would shy away from cleaning up a sidecar oil spill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren Zevon
    Send Lawyers, guns and money, the shit has hit the fan

Bike
    TZFXR150, R1150GS, DRZ400, Ninja300 prod
    The last race yesterday was actually a race and it would seem when they all play ball on a level playing field its not bad racing albeit a long wait fir them to come past again.

Its harder to lose weight than gain horsepower.

Bike
    less than I used to have
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddha#81 View Post
    The last race yesterday was actually a race and it would seem when they all play ball on a level playing field its not bad racing albeit a long wait fir them to come past again.
    ...I noticed that myself...I'm in two minds about the usefulness of the new class...there are very new young people that have been drawn into racing and that can't be bad but will it continue, will it have the backup from Suzuki next year?...all motorcycle racing is good but F4 covers all this stuff that is happening also...there were some new lines that I have not seen at Levels before in the earlier races but that last race was real racing...good on all involved for trying something, anyway...

Bike
    Exercycle
    Being a cynical old B with no love for modern yoof, I did wonder if the slow speeds were the reason for the wide variation of lines....A.D.D. means they can't remember from one lap to the next ?

One or two people did say to me - "It's a good thing isn't it ?" After which the few pros and a lot of cons got explained to them...Most finished up looking a bit more thoughtful anyway.

Bike
    TZFXR150, R1150GS, DRZ400, Ninja300 prod
    Quote Originally Posted by ellipsis View Post
    ...I noticed that myself...I'm in two minds about the usefulness of the new class...there are very new young people that have been drawn into racing and that can't be bad but will it continue, will it have the backup from Suzuki next year?...all motorcycle racing is good but F4 covers all this stuff that is happening also...there were some new lines that I have not seen at Levels before in the earlier races but that last race was real racing...good on all involved for trying something, anyway...
    I haven't done the numbers yet, out of the 38 riders in the ss150 class at round one around 2/3's have started racing in the past 5 years, the difference with MCI's introduction to racing is we don't age, leather, helmet discriminate.

Its harder to lose weight than gain horsepower.

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Being a cynical middle aged (I'm assuming that I live to 100) barstard with no love of 4 Strokes.

That is all. Just wanted it noted.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    suzuki
    I haven't done the numbers yet, out of the 38 riders in the ss150 class at round one around 2/3's have started racing in the past 5 years, the difference with MCI's introduction to racing is we don't age, leather, helmet discriminate.
    and just how many newcomers were at ruapuna in the ss150 class, 1? 2? 4? whereas the gixxers are packed with newcomers, some people need to look upt eh definition of sportsman, it's in the dictionary somewhere between shit and syphillis

Bike
    suzuki

i have watched every single minute of gixxer racing in nz, i saw one bike with an engine out, it went into another bike as there was something a miss but not a failure, one bike was sealed at ruapuna the rider fronted up with a different ecu before they found it, his round was nullified, they have since watched him on the track and removed the seals as they don' beleive he has done anything else, it's news to me about the other three sealed engines, complete news, i also spent the night with the rider mentioned above (and a few others), he mentioned nothing whatsoever about anyone else getting sealed,

Thread Information