Page 2084 of 2628 FirstFirst ... 10841584198420342074208220832084208520862094213421842584 ... LastLast
Results 31,246 to 31,260 of 39409

Thread: ESE's works engine tuner

Bike
    RG50 and 76 Suzuki GP125 Buckets
    Quote Originally Posted by wobbly View Post
    Where the hell are all the engines that were built for the CIK homologation process.
    I had the impression that the cylinders and bottom ends were traditional 2T items and could be re built as ordinary engines. And it was basically the add on Ryger spacer plate and piston assembly that made them different and it could easily be discarded.

Bike
    2008 Yamaha fino
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    Somebody/s lost some serious coin out of this. Glad I got a personal assurance when I ordered the V4 version or I'd be worried. It'll be ready soon, but it is taking a while.
    You'd better start to worry...…
    Somebody lost serious money, 1 million$ they say.
    All 50 engines needed for the homologation are still there
    Big silence now!!!

Bike
    STRIKE trike & KTM300 EXC TPI
    One thing that the Ryger did do was to get people thinking outside the square for a bit, possibly leading to some quantum leap in performance as the Ryger was purported to do. Alas, neither came thru.

The other thing that gave us the shits was the way one of our key 2 stroke posters here on ESE (and elsewhere) was badly compromised by the first stage of the Ryger story
    "Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.”

Bike
    2008 Yamaha fino
    Quote Originally Posted by TZ350 View Post
    I had the impression that the cylinders and bottom ends were traditional 2T items and could be re built as ordinary engines. And it was basically the add on Ryger spacer plate and piston assembly that made them different and it could easily be discarded.
    They can NOT be re build as an ordinary engine.
    So they are only good for the scrap heap....
    As nobody wants an unreliable 35HP kart engine.....

Bike
    Dawes Jaguar
    Quote Originally Posted by husaberg View Post
    The crankcase being bolted to a cylinder and head burning petrol at 1000's of degrees the friction of a piston and sealing ring and the act of compressing the air fuel mixture also account for most of the heat along with the gears meshing and clutch might account for a fair bit of that heat. as is just spinning shafts and bearings at high rpm's.
    Just touching the outer gearbox cover of a hard running gearbox is pretty much an eye opener and hand burner.
    Unfortunately due to the rules and design limitations on TZ's bucket ,water cooled crankcases although the obvious best solution isnt a really an option
    There was a bloke racing a Bantam at a Belgian meeting a few years back who had a small oil cooler/rad mounted to one side of the frame downtube even though the bike was plainly air-cooled.
    Turned out he had an electric pump circulating water through copper pipe in the primary chaincase to "give the clutch a chance of coping with the awesome power"

Bike
    Dawes Jaguar
    Quote Originally Posted by yatasaki View Post
    Similar design
    ...only two stroke in it
    More appropriate for this thread
    When I lived in Belgium (up to 4 years ago) there was a house nearby that had a collection of 2 stroke cars and vans parked around it, mostly pretty sorry looking examples, sadly.
    If you search "Grensstraat 10, 3078 Kortenberg, Belgium" on Google Street View you can see that some of them at least were still there when the Google camera car went past.

Bike
    kreidler rs 1976
    After a long time a small update.
    First of all, see the new factory that is also a big improvement.
    The engines have been reliable and ready for sale for several months.
    At the moment enough people who are still very enthusiastic and have also bought an engine, and I'm sure they would not have been if the power was only 35hp.
    Their enthusiasm was most intensified after making a test drive, which can take place almost every day by appointment.
    The sold engines will certainly participate in competitions this year.

I can't edit my previous post so again with an better link

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater

Bike
    -
    Quote Originally Posted by lucf View Post
    After a long time a small update
    Please don't, you're wasting your breath.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by guyhockley View Post
    When I lived in Belgium (up to 4 years ago) there was a house nearby that had a collection of 2 stroke cars and vans parked around it, mostly pretty sorry looking examples, sadly. If you search "Grensstraat 10, 3078 Kortenberg, Belgium" on Google Street View you can see that some of them at least were still there when the Google camera car went past.
    I had a look, I guess they are still there but are obscured in the pictures.

Bike
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dyno 1.jpg 
Views:	163 
Size:	584.9 KB 
ID:	340277 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dyno 4.jpg 
Views:	172 
Size:	621.6 KB 
ID:	340276

I went to an experimental electric vehicle get together tonight where people talked about their latest projects and all things EV that they were up to.

And by chance I saw this portable go kart dyno that they make here. A very clever piece of kit. Not only the normal dyno functions like rolling road simulation and direct axle coupling it could mimic a track and put the cart through the same demands as if it was racing by simulating the track. Not only can you use this dyno for tuning at the track on race day. By using the computer control system to simulate a circuit you can use the dyno anytime to tune pipe ignition etc for the best lap time and base setup for any particular track.

Bike
    1997 Yamaha rd 350

Dyno

I saw this portable go kart dyno that they make here. A very clever piece of kit.
    Is it possible find portable design for 5...50hp to use just for 7000-18000rpm engines?

BTW I am making my variant of kteuzkopf engine. Very differs of Rugers.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NeRuger vstavka.JPG 
Views:	193 
Size:	321.1 KB 
ID:	340279  

Bike

Name:	dyno 4.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	621.6 KB 
ID:	340280Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dyno 1.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	584.9 KB 
ID:	340281

Quote Originally Posted by jbiplane View Post
    Is it possible find portable design for 5...50hp to use just for 7000-18000rpm engines?
    This should be the contact email:- tonybankart@gmail.com

Name:	NeRuger vstavka.JPG 
Views:	86 
Size:	321.1 KB 
ID:	340282

Very interesting motor. I love the position of the fuel injector, I wish I could get mine so directly under the piston so it can squirt onto the under side of the piston crown to cool it.

Bike
    Moped
    Certainly old news here, but think it was entertaining reading about a mechanical push rod injection

first I thought it was united flow design but it just seems to be exhaust

http://capellossiiv.blogspot.com/201...-fuel.html?m=1
    No amount of experimentation can ever prove me right; a single experiment can prove me wrong.

Bike
    Dawes Jaguar
    I had a look, I guess they are still there but are obscured in the pictures.
    Interesting. Searching from the UK, I could see 3 parked on the street with obscured plates (Trabant, Wartburg and, I think, Barkas van) but the garden was fuzzed out. Assumed it was just my crappy phone...

Bike
    honda ns 400

Are you tried it, or still in process. On Experimental Aircraft Association forum I saw one, maybe, earlier version (posted photo some time ago )

Last year I prepared for the tests two different pistons, different from previous tested versions, but at the end one looks too fragile, another too heavy, so nothing was tested. Like always, never know what happens tomorrow. Best luck for your projects.

Another two inventions with separated crankcase. Christian Vialette called it Three-stroke.

https://patents.google.com/patent/EP0020806A1/en

https://patents.google.com/patent/EP0337768A2/en

Thread Information