Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: David Seymour

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickaha View Post
    Brenda Spencer wasn't even close to starting it, school shootings in America go back a few hundred years, it's one of their favourite pastimes

https://www.k12academics.com/school-...-united-states
    I think she could be regarded as the first of the modern day shooters. In particular, she was a Minor and a Student.

Although you could regard the Bell Tower Sniper as the first that received nationwide attention.
    Physics; Thou art a cruel, heartless Bitch-of-a-Mistress

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickaha View Post
    Brenda Spencer wasn't even close to starting it, school shootings in America go back a few hundred years, it's one of their favourite pastimes

https://www.k12academics.com/school-...-united-states
    An interesting list and I haven't finished it yet but most of the things mentioned are not relevant to what we are talking about. There's a lot of wild west stuff. A number of female teachers were shot for rejecting amorous advances. Up to the 1970s when students at Kent State University were shot by badly trained or untrained National Guardsmen.

I'll keep looking...
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    It was on the good
    I think I missed a page.

When did David Seymour shoot someone?

Bike
    Aprillia RSV1000R 92 KX500
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemonLord View Post
    Well, it was nearly 30 years between the last 'mass shooting', so if there's a mass shooting before that 30 year period, we'll know it didn't work :P
    Which brings us around to my earlier statement of give the law some time to work

Quote Originally Posted by Berries View Post
    I think I missed a page.

The thread went that way after a clip was revealed showing Seymour coming down the escalator at britomart in Auckland, proclaiming he was running for prime minister while also claiming he could shoot people on queen street without losing any voters. Well if the victims were not registered Epsom voters that is. True story bro

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    Quote Originally Posted by sugilite View Post
    Which brings us around to my earlier statement of give the law some time to work
    I'll be counting

Quote Originally Posted by sugilite View Post
    The thread went that way after a clip was revealed showing Seymour coming down the escalator at britomart in Auckland, proclaiming he was running for prime minister while also claiming he could shoot people on queen street without losing any voters. Well if the victims were not registered Epsom voters that is. True story bro
    Now, let's be serious for a second here...

Would this decrease or increase his popularity with the rest of New Zealand....

I'm joking of course.....

We all know it would increase it.

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Quote Originally Posted by Berries View Post
    I think I missed a page.

Dont think it was him although someone with a trwerking fetish shot their load at the mere sight of his name lmao

Govt gives you nothing because it creates nothing - Javier Milei

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Quote Originally Posted by onearmedbandit View Post
    The definition used is given in the link. But to save you the effort...
    That’s scary broad in scope and even the govt could be considered guilty on a variety of counts under those words.

I preferred the traditional definition in its simplicity “ violence to achieve polical or ideological goals”
    What’s stated in that legislations is basically doing anything that scares the population or harms infrastructure and economy. Failure to control inflation anyone???!

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by R650R View Post
    Failure to control inflation anyone???!
    Here we go again. Don't believe all the propaganda you're reading. Inflation here is lower than some comparable countries and similar to others. National like to say, "Higher than our trading partners." Presumably they are referring to China which does have low inflation. So does Afghanistan.

It's a world wide problem and NZ is handling it as well as most and better than some.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    Here we go again. Don't believe all the propaganda you're reading. Inflation here is lower than some comparable countries and similar to others. National like to say, "Higher than our trading partners." Presumably they are referring to China which does have low inflation. So does Afghanistan.

It's a world wide problem and NZ is handling it as well as most and better than some.
    It's not a world wide problem, it's a problem for all the countries that applied similar fiscal policies.

If you print money, increase minimum wages, shutdown the economy etc. You will get inflation.

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Here we go again. Don't believe all the propaganda you're reading....

To quote Terri Hatcher it’s real and it’s slectacular.... Rampant inflations is real it’s not just an “ idea”....

My fixed mortgage rate is about to double specificly from this govts policies so they could get re-elected again. They snorted a line of cheap cash for a short term high now here comes the afteraffects....
    Btw I can afford the rise it’s no big deal to me and my repayments still cheaper than renting. But it’s going to smash many labour voters who only just got onto the ladder and now will be mortgagee/repo sale victims as the banks call in their debt.
    Just like 2009 the banks will land bank the properties and drop feed them into market furthering the housing availability crisis.

Bike
    86.249 93.398 00.944
    Quote Originally Posted by R650R View Post
    Just like 2009 the banks will land bank the properties and drop feed them into market furthering the housing availability crisis.
    No problem, pissed off landlords will keep selling up, so the first home buyers will still have something to buy. Of course their tenants will then have nowhere to live, so will join the housing NZ waiting list, and end up living in a motel.

Inflation as a measure is bollocks when the things people need cost more due to external factors, and not because there is an excess of cash increasing demand for things they don't need, but still the punishment is taking even more money off the people who already have less of it.
    Riding cheap crappy old bikes badly since 1987

Tagorama maps: Transalpers map first 100 tags..................Map of tags 101-200......................Latest map, tag # 201-->

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    It's not a world wide problem, it's a problem for all the countries that applied similar fiscal policies.

If you print money, increase minimum wages, shutdown the economy etc. You will get inflation.

And then there's the real world. Apart from exceptions like China, Japan, and Malaysia, most people couldn't even point to many of the countries with 2% inflation on a map.

It's a world wide problem.

https://tradingeconomics.com/country...nflation-rate-

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    Nicole McKee and Chris Baillie....
    I thought you were going to say Chris Barrie for a second.
    If a man is alone in the woods and there isn't a woke Hollywood around to call him racist, is he still white?

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    And then there's the real world. Apart from exceptions like China, Japan, and Malaysia, most people couldn't even point to many of the countries with 2% inflation on a map.

It's a world wide problem.

https://tradingeconomics.com/country...nflation-rate-
    Hold up... It's a world wide problem... with Exceptions.

And going by the exceptions you listed, 2 of them are major economic powers.

So if it's not an issue that was directly caused by Policy - pray tell Pritch: Why did it not happen to Japan?

What's more, I suspect (I haven't looked at this deeply) there's probably a strong correlation between countries that predominantly export to the likes of US/Europe not having high inflation, whereas the countries that predominantly import from the likes do.

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    Quote Originally Posted by James Deuce View Post
    I thought you were going to say Chris Barrie for a second.
    Well, the man likes Tanks and was on Red Dwarf, so I'd vote for him...

Thread Information