Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: DR350 thread

Bike

DR350 thread

Doesn't seem to be one of these thread and there must be a few other owners kicking about on here, so lets talk tree fiddys..!

Bike
    I've got 2 99's, one in pieces with a fawked head and another road legal machine. Been toying with moving it on for something that eats road miles a bit more enjoyably (DRZ400) or going mad and getting a WR426 or 450, but I don't think I can do it as it really is a decent all rounder for my skill level (easy to pick up ), so instead I've been piecing together odds and sods and toying with the idea of giving her a bit more oomph after riding it as is for a year.

I have an oversize barrel and piston set ready to roll, an FMF exhaust and am eyeing up one of the big bore pipes on tardme, as well as having a spare flatslide carb from the non runner that is jetted to suit a less asthmatic setup.

I rode a friends DRZ the other day though and first things first is to make it less 'skittery'. It was like night and day between my bike and that, so giving the shocks a birthday is pretty high on the list and maybe tinkering a bit more with lower tyre pressures (26 at the mo for gravel).

Bike
    16' xtz125e super-adventure, Ninja 650
    Blog Entries
    a real gem, wish they still made em

Bike
    92 R80 GS
    In a moment of madness i purchased another DR 350 a few weeks back. I had one a couple of years back that I sold to Jatz so I could build our DR650 Trans America Trail bike.
    My new (to me ) 350 is a 98 kickstart. I have been replacing all the bearings and worn out bits. Have almost finished fitting a set of DRZ400 forks. (that I had on my 650 ) I have a new clutch to fit as the old one is slipping a bit.
    Once all the mechanicals are sorted I can get some riding in. Other mods will be a bigger tank and tidy up cosmetically.

Bike
    91 R80GS
    I had a ride on Jatz' ones back in the day when I was looking for a cheap pickupable trail bike. I rode it back to back with Topos DRZ400 & the power difference I felt was huge . I went with the 400 for that reason & the 350s were getting a bit long in the tooth.

Just watch how much you start spending on it.
    In life as in dance Grace glides on blistered feet

Bike
    92 R80 GS
    Yea, it doesn't owe me a lot. I like the 6 speed box. The 400s are definitely more powerful but here's a little story. Back in the day before the latest 4 stroke craze they used to have "thumpernats" , that is 4 stroke mx. I went to one in the Waikato. Josh Coppins rode a bog stock DR350 in the open class. It still had all the street gear on it. He absolutely smoked everyone.! !
    And it was a natural terrain track, quite open and fast. Another funny thing was a well known South Island rider was ridding the open class on a trick big ktm and also the 200 class on an XR 200.
    His lap times were quicker on the 200 ! !

Bike
    F800GS
    Here's the 2 we owned...

Mine

Hers

Bike
    Triumph XC 800
    Blog Entries
    I have one for a Farm Burner...does the trick and cranks most times on first kick..unless Bart is riding it and then it's 100 kicks..Ha!
    "Those who hammer there guns into plow shears will plow for those who do not" Thomas Jefferson

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Phreaky Phil View Post
    Have almost finished fitting a set of DRZ400 forks.
    Noice. Does the 350 wheel fit straight on?

Quote Originally Posted by GPS MAN View Post
    I have one for a Farm Burner...does the trick and cranks most times on first kick..unless Bart is riding it and then it's 100 kicks..Ha!
    Mine will pretty much start with half a kick since it got a new stator. If you get it wrong though it's a good 20

Bike
    uKTM Tiger 800xc
    You think Bart will ever catch on that ya change out the coil on the DR before lending it to him
    ....wherezz that track go

Bike
    Yamaha DT230
    Quote Originally Posted by JATZ View Post
    Here's the 2 we owned...]
    and in one of my favourite DB pics too...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0202.JPG 
Views:	77 
Size:	721.7 KB 
ID:	306598  

Bike
    92 R80 GS
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazz View Post
    Noice. Does the 350 wheel fit straight on?

No, the 400 has a 20mm axle and the 350 a 17mm. the discs are the same. Its not quite a bolt in operation. You have to use the 350 stem as the 350 has a smaller top bearing and machine a little sleeve for the top clamp of the 400 and machine 4mm from the step on the bottom of the stem so it can press futher through the 400 clamp as its a whisker thicker. But pretty easy. The 350 forks would make a great set for the dr650 as the are the same diameter and same axle size

Bike
    that black thing above the puddle of oil
    Bike was broken I tells ya. The fact I’m 5 foot fuck all doesn’t help much either. I love electric start.
    Showing off for the camera since ages ago

Barts Photos
    Barts adventure photo thread

Bike
    Very Modded DR650
    Quote Originally Posted by XF650 View Post
    and in one of my favourite DB pics too...
    Thanks Struan, I haven't seen that pic before.
    www.AdventureRidingNZ.co.nz NZ's dedicated Adventure Riding Community
    Forums, free GPS track downloads and much more. Now over 5700 members, are you one of them?

Bike
    F800GS
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddieb View Post
    Thanks Struan, I haven't seen that pic before.
    Neither have I. It's a good shot Struan.

Except for the turkey in the middle with road tyres on his bike

Thread Information