Page 250 of 337 FirstFirst ... 150200240248249250251252260300 ... LastLast
Results 3,736 to 3,750 of 5043

Thread: The Bucket Foundry

Bike
    motocompo
    Quote Originally Posted by Flettner View Post
    yes, cams, no problem as I want special cams anyway.
    One will drive the fuel pump off it's end and the other some ignition triggers ( off the exhaust cam, closest to the crank drive pully via the belt).
    Hmm, rods, they look a little spindly, might make some from 4340 perhaps.
    360 crank is for even induction sequences, as you know.
    Balance shaft should take care of vibration, or at least help reduce it.
    Fuel, I'll just put it in a can marked PETROL in big letters
    I remember that supercharged Honda at baypark in the '80's. I seem to remember a very long intake tube with a drain plug at the lowest point, so it could be drained when the intake flooded.
    Is that the same bike?

Bike
    TT500 F9 Kawasaki EFI
    side car Bob, yes that was the one and same. Do you have photo's of it, I never had time to be bothered with pictures.
    Do you remember the noise it made? That was the first time We fired it up, there was a guy on the back of my Thames Trader finishing it off on the way over to bay park.
    The Thames broke a piston on the way home ( Zepher six engine became a Zepher five but still got us home) the super charger drive belts spat off in the end. Home made pullys didn't fit as well as they should have? all in all an entertaining day.

Bike
    Exercycle
    Nothing wrong with the stock cam profiles for a blown motor. Easy enough to rephase the cams to suit what you want in overlap.
    I've done a blown 180 crank parallel twin. Very satisfactory with a plenum chamber three times engine volume. In your case that's still a very small plenum, LOL. Do you know the swept volume of the blower ? The one I used had been developed specifically for high rpm with anti turbulence bars on entry and exit ports. Builder had tested it to 10,000 rpm and it had a flat delivery curve. We ran it to 12000 - 15lb boost just off idle and right to redline.
    Belt driving cams ? In oil or sealing the belt off ?

Bike
    TT500 F9 Kawasaki EFI
    for simplicity, one belt to rule them all.
    easy enough to seal the cams off and also drain the valve cavities too.
    The supercharger I'm using is quite large ( for a 100cc) so I'll have to under drive it somewhat. If I can't get the efficient I want I'll Teflon TIP seal the rotors. Also the fuel will be introduced into the induction side of supercharger, there will be a potion of Castor oil added to the Fuel, this will help with efficiency and the alcohol with intercooling.

Bike
    Exercycle
    for simplicity a single belt to rule them all.
    easy enough to seal the cams off and also drain the valve cavities too.
    Okay...but in my experience you want some give in the blower drive, Your cams will have to be a toothed belt.

In my experience with mid size blowers, the problem is load reversals when you back off. Unless your toothed belt is pretty wide, you're going to lose teeth.
    The ideal IMO is what i think you used on the Honda - a polyvee belt. They will slip on the overrun.
    I went through several drive setups on a speedway TQ before realising what the problem was. When i did the blown F3 bike I didn't even consider anything else - and it was one of the few things on the bike that never gave trouble.

Bike
    motocompo
    side car Bob, yes that was the one and same. Do you have photo's of it, I never had time to be bothered with pictures.
    Do you remember the noise it made? That was the first time We fired it up, there was a guy on the back of my Thames Trader finishing it off on the way over to bay park.
    The Thames broke a piston on the way home ( Zepher six engine became a Zepher five but still got us home) the super charger drive belts spat off in the end. Home made pullys didn't fit as well as they should have? all in all an entertaining day.
    No pics unfortunately. I didn't own a camera until nearly a decade later.
    I do remember it being a bitch to start & lent a hand at some point, that's when I remember you pulling a bolt out & letting the spare fuel run out on the ground.
    I was probably riding a red CB125 I called the menstrual cycle.
    Do you think the blower was a wee bit big now with the benefit of a few decades?

Bike
    TT500 F9 Kawasaki EFI
    yes-------

Bike
    Exercycle
    No such thing as a too big blower - only the wrong drive ratio, LOL.

Bike
    TT500 F9 Kawasaki EFI
    I guess that's what I ment, home built vain type supercharger but I fucked up the calculation for volume (I was an apprentice and you know what they are like) so the pumped volume was about double what I thought, I know now. The trimmed down Wade supercharger was a later development.

Bike
    motocompo
    I guess that's what I ment, home built vain type supercharger but I fucked up the calculation for volume (I was an apprentice and you know what they are like) so the pumped volume was about double what I thought, I know now.
    I seem to recall that it was bigger than the barrel & head combined, I had no idea what it pumped like, it was just huge.
    If you were only ever there once with it then you certainly got my attention.
    Anyway, sorry about the thread hijack. Back to the interesting stuff?

Bike
    husaberg
    time and money Will, the three cylinder is taking a break.
    Ironicly when I cast the original cases I cast two sets of three cylinder cases but because of financial constraints I decided a two cylinder was more practical so cut a crankcase off one of the case sets I'd made, instantly making it into a two cylinder project.
    The three cylinder will cost a pretty penny so will have to wait. Besides the twin has plenty of power for a single seat gyrocopter, will fly on just 4000 revs.
    All other projects are 'concurrent' as in I throw myself into each of them as the interest is there, then onto another while I have a think about the next step of the previous one, I guess what it would be like to be a Mormon.
    Unfortunately I found a photo of my old supercharged Honda 100, straight out to the shed two nights ago, spread all the parts out on the bench that I've been squirreling away for the ultimate 4stroke 100 supercharged, crank being roughed out now from a piece of 4140 bar. 360 degree twin cylinder, half an FZR Yamaha head, miniature lobe supercharger, MX 250 clutch and gearbox, methanol, nitro and 1 atmosphere pressure.
    28mm stroke, 18 / 20000 RPM. Bugger the rules, when I built my first one the rules were 100cc fourstroke 'open'.
    So long as you are asking questions Will, the brain is still working.
    I would ditch the idea of the MX gearbox and clutch just use a VT250 gearbox as every wreaker has one. also with the blower you shouldn't need to rev it that high. either should you Neil
    a few post ago you mentioned Teflon in the blower seals,From what I have heard the Toyota ones actually melt from the heat if any decent boost is used.
    Screw compressors as used in air conditioners are the claimed to be the most efficient at producing boost with minimal heating, they are so efficient that the NHRA banned them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    TT500 F9 Kawasaki EFI
    because the size of the supercharger it will run a lot slower than the engine, probably won't be anywhere near.10000 rpm. Alcohol is a good intercooler and there will be plenty of it, Teflon TIP seals won't be a problem (if needed at all).
    super charger drive pully has a shock absorbing element internal.

Bike
    bucket FZR/MB100
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumph View Post
    360 degree crank ? You've let yourself in for the job of making cams too then ?
    He won't need cams if he uses the centre of the cylinder head. Problem with that is locating the cams axially. Standard cams are located by discs on the left ends. I flipped mine over so the discs are now on the right. Yamaha helpfully cast recesses for them in the right side. Also helpfully the lobes are symmetrical so don't mind being rotated in reverse.

Bike
    bucket FZR/MB100
    Link told me to use a 6 tooth crank trigger and 1 on the cam. I'll send you my tune file once I sort it a bit more. You should only need to setup your triggers & change the firing order. I have 80g injectors which might be OK. The problem if you go bigger is it will be rich low down despite short injector PW. I've got spares trigger discs.
    Last edited by speedpro; 14th April 2018 at 22:53. Reason: spares

Bike
    bucket FZR/MB100
    These guys - https://www.efihardware.com/products/c353/Coils supplied LS2 coils with in-built igniters for what I thought was a reasonable price. They've been working so far and should be OK with the revs as the max required dwell time is only 1.8mS I think.

Thread Information