Page 215 of 337 FirstFirst ... 115165205213214215216217225265315 ... LastLast
Results 3,211 to 3,225 of 5043

Thread: The Bucket Foundry

Bike
    1944 RE 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Carel H View Post
    Better listen carefully. I see the "Why did you that in that way, while I told you otherwise?" in his eyes. And they are always right.
    No, no, you've got it wrong - he/she is saying WTF is this thing doing on my pozzie?? - was it done on a 3D printer? - If it wasn't done on a 3D printer then it won't work!
    Strokers Galore!

Bike
    TT500 F9 Kawasaki EFI
    Don't be fooled by that 'butter wouldn't melt in it's mouth' look, Miss Sparkles (Don't ask) would just as soon rip your face off! She says fill my food bowl, so like a good servant, I do.

Bike
    2007 xin chen moped
    Quote Originally Posted by speedpro View Post
    Last I saw of him he was in China and posting slightly raunchy videos of his girlfriend. Noone is betting on him not being in jail.
    totally escaped jail

Bike
    TT500 F9 Kawasaki EFI
    Hi John, good to see you here.

Bike
    STRIKE trike & KTM300 EXC TPI
    "Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.”

Bike
    Dawes Jaguar
    Wonder if this stuff would be of any use for our purposes?
    http://www.greenstuffworld.com/en/re...ld-4-bars.html

Bike
    2015 Avanti
    Is anyone selling the blue stuff out here?

Great video's on making pistons. I seem to recall seeing some outfit near Perth that was very high tech in their casting approach.
    Neil

Bike
    73 kawasaki h1

Blue stuff

Maplins used to sell something very similar to this. It went hard when cool, so I don't know if it would be possible to use it in the same way as vinamold. I never tried the stuff but seem to remember it goes like putty when hot and may not be pourable. That blue stuff could well turn liquid enough to be of use.

Bike
    1944 RE 1
    Quote Originally Posted by EssexNick View Post
    Maplins used to sell something very similar to this. It went hard when cool, so I don't know if it would be possible to use it in the same way as vinamold. I never tried the stuff but seem to remember it goes like putty when hot and may not be pourable. That blue stuff could well turn liquid enough to be of use.
    It appears to have the same texture when cooled as the stuff used by the dental people to take a pattern of people's gums etc. for false teeth - (could even be the same stuff or similar)
    I did manage to cadge some of the dental stuff recently and am waiting for an opportunity to use it - it's got to be good!
    Seems it is made from some sort of seaweed and is non toxic .... and I got it free!
    However it is in powder form and is mixed with water initally to set it going, so I guess there is a difference there!
    Strokers Galore!

Bike
    73 kawasaki h1
    Having false teeth myself, I know the stuff you mean. At the time I was fitted for them I did ask about that stuff. My dentist said something about it having a limited life after it had been mixed. Probably because it's organic. I didn't pursue this any further as casting is really a bit of a pipe dream for me. It could well be a very useful thing to use, but not for something that repeatedly gets put to one side for weeks on end. Please let us know how you get on.

Bike
    TT500 F9 Kawasaki EFI
    Argh, finally got the new furnace up and running, cast three new 360 gyro cylinders with the thicker power valve boss. These have been moulded in sand for over a month now so.way past time to cast.
    I've changed the metal inlet port.to the mold, it's smaller so fills the cavity slower. Less turbulence in the metal as it fills, no bubbling at all now, slow smooth fill. Learn as we go, just not too slow or you will.end up with a short.
    Got forced into a corner, this bloody caravan I bought (classic 70's) has ended up one of the wife's favorite things so now the bloody weekends are spent not in my workshop.
    I'm using the caravan time to learn my three D drawing programs so I guess not all bad.

Bike
    Dawes Jaguar
    Quote Originally Posted by EssexNick View Post
    Having false teeth myself, I know the stuff you mean. At the time I was fitted for them I did ask about that stuff. My dentist said something about it having a limited life after it had been mixed. Probably because it's organic. I didn't pursue this any further as casting is really a bit of a pipe dream for me. It could well be a very useful thing to use, but not for something that repeatedly gets put to one side for weeks on end. Please let us know how you get on.
    Think you're talking about alginate, widely used for arts and crafts moulding. Hobby shops sell it in the UK.

Bike
    1944 RE 1
    I ordered some of that blue stuff anyway ( just to check it out) - The soft Vinamold I have is the brown jelly like stuff and probably needs to be harder. I think this blue stuff may not be rubbery enough though, but worth a try I guess (not too expensive) and doesn't need to be heated much. - but let's see how it goes.
    Strokers Galore!

Bike
    1944 RE 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Flettner View Post
    Argh, finally got the new furnace up and running, cast three new 360 gyro cylinders with the thicker power valve boss. These have been moulded in sand for over a month now so.way past time to cast...........
    ...........I'm using the caravan time to learn my three D drawing programs so I guess not all bad.
    Yes the perfect setting for learning 3D - nothing to get sidetracked on and looking at the view gets a bit tedious after a while!
    Guess you'll need a good heater these days!
    Strokers Galore!

Bike
    TT500 F9 Kawasaki EFI
    Yes it has a good heater, thankfully. I bought the caravan spur of the moment thing, for use at the Aria two day trail ride (sick of putting up the tent in the dark) but now we are using it for just getting away on the weekend. It's old school with 70's styling, orange and brown wood grain interior. love it!
    Just cleaned the sand out of the three cylinder castings, all appears sound.

Thread Information