Page 200 of 1072 FirstFirst ... 100150190198199200201202210250300700 ... LastLast
Results 2,986 to 3,000 of 16076

Thread: Optimistic sellers

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by WristTwister View Post
    I was advised against imports, unless they were sold here as well - something to do with getting parts?
    You were given terrible advice.

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by WristTwister View Post
    I was advised against imports, unless they were sold here as well - something to do with getting parts?
    Lol, really? It's easier to get parts for imports locally, than it is to get them for officially imported models. If you are silly enough to use the local distribution chain for those NZ-new models you can expect your parts any time from 3 months hence to never for some brands.

There's this Internet thing. It's a great enabler. You should allow your self to be enabled and stop listening to advice from people who sound like they've never owned a bike in their life.

There are countless stories of people on this forum alone, making warranty claims for near-new, officially imported bikes where the distributor has simply failed to provide parts for a warranty claim, let alone stock consumables like bearings and cables.
    If a man is alone in the woods and there isn't a woke Hollywood around to call him racist, is he still white?

Bike
    KTM 890 Adventure
    Quote Originally Posted by James Deuce View Post
    There are countless stories of people on this forum alone, making warranty claims for near-new, officially imported bikes where the distributor has simply failed to provide parts for a warranty claim, let alone stock consumables like bearings and cables.
    Got to say TSS seem to be having somewhat better luck with KTM than they did with Aprilia. Or Yamaha for that matter.

The SDR has a broken taillight, not uncommon on the early ones apparently. I rocked up to the workshop and asked what they're worth, but oh, no, that's still under warrantee, sir, two years now, we'll take care of that.

Very refreshing. I can now spend taillight moneys on a new helmet.
    Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon

Bike
    A streetbike named Desire
    Blog Entries

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Tazz View Post
    You were given terrible advice.
    Maybe so. To be more precise it was because a model that wasn't sold here may not have parts readily available in NZ, but from what you guys are telling me, that's not any different to NZ models. I guess I just like to support local dealers if I can.

Everyone has got some advice to share I guess, it's not easy to tell what's good advise until you ask more people!

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocean1 View Post
    Got to say TSS seem to be having somewhat better luck with KTM than they did with Aprilia. Or Yamaha for that matter.

The SDR has a broken taillight, not uncommon on the early ones apparently. I rocked up to the workshop and asked what they're worth, but oh, no, that's still under warrantee, sir, two years now, we'll take care of that.

Very refreshing. I can now spend taillight moneys on a new helmet.
    Aprilia and Yamaha have to have the very worst support infrastructure of any brands in NZ. KTM are Germanic in origin and they don't appear to do anythin gby halves, so I'm not suprised.
    If a man is alone in the woods and there isn't a woke Hollywood around to call him racist, is he still white?

Bike
    BSA A10
    Quote Originally Posted by James Deuce View Post
    Aprilia and Yamaha have to have the very worst support infrastructure of any brands in NZ. KTM are Germanic in origin and they don't appear to do anythin gby halves, so I'm not suprised.
    Our local Yamaha guy is awesome, I dont think I've ever had to wait more than 7-10 days for anything I have ordered and that's only if it's ex Japan otherwise no more than a day if local or 4-5 days ex Oz and that's stuff for 30 year old shitters
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough power."

Quote Originally Posted by scracha View Post
    Even BP would shy away from cleaning up a sidecar oil spill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren Zevon
    Send Lawyers, guns and money, the shit has hit the fan

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickaha View Post
    Our local Yamaha guy is awesome, I dont think I've ever had to wait more than 7-10 days for anything I have ordered and that's only if it's ex Japan otherwise no more than a day if local or 4-5 days ex Oz and that's stuff for 30 year old shitters
    Not the usual experience here. Most dealers make you wait until the distributor has a full container. I bought my CB400 because I couldn't get standard service items for my R6 for 3 months. Owned it for a year. Rode it for about 6 months of that year.

Bike
    1992 Honda Spada
    Quote Originally Posted by nzspokes View Post
    Reckon this would be a great little bike for someone. Ohlins and cheap fun.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/moto...1041529382.htm
    Thats mine, it is a fun bike, dont know if i want to sell it now

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/moto...1038559895.htm

Some of these model bikes fetch very good money. Hardly surprising that people put silly buy now prices on some auctions.

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post

Some of these model bikes fetch very good money. Hardly surprising that people put silly buy now prices on some auctions.
    I love this part:
    "Kick start only, there is a knack to starting these bikes but this starts very well. If you're afraid of manly bikes that require a hefty right boot, buy a GN125 princess."

Not my cup of tea, but seems a cool wee ride.

Bike
    Yamaha XV250
    Blog Entries
    5g for a bike 18 year old Yamaha single and was just a commuter model at that. Drum brakes, kick start only, and still need tiding up?. No wonder Yamaha only made it for two years. Good luck to him tho', I wouldn't pay that. I have gotten past seeing just the 'cool' look.
    " Rule books are for the Guidance of the Wise, and the Obedience of Fools"

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    I struggle to see an SR as a manly bike. Had a 1980 TT500 back in the day. Same engine origin. Fast around the suburbs (dirtbike gearing) for a 19yrold but asthmatic once shown a motorway.

Besides Kick has informed us on the merits of the mighty GN125. . .
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Auction is dollar reserve. Bike just passed a VIN check. Needs fuck all.

The manly bit is tongue in cheek.

It'll go 6.5K.

Bike
    bandit
    Quote Originally Posted by Autech View Post
    You old farts probably remember when they were launched lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    In 1966 I was 11 years old ...

Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    This is a good starting point for a complete collection of every major British classic motorbike. You just might have to find a few separately. . . . and a few parts for this one.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/moto...1034857321.htm

And worth 10grand when it's finished

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/moto...1003710272.htm

Quote Originally Posted by 00quattro00 View Post
    Thats mine, it is a fun bike, dont know if i want to sell it now
    I know what you mean ..

Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post

Quote Originally Posted by awa355 View Post
    5g for a bike 18 year old Yamaha single and was just a commuter model at that. Drum brakes, kick start only, and still need tiding up?. No wonder Yamaha only made it for two years. Good luck to him tho', I wouldn't pay that. I have gotten past seeing just the 'cool' look.
    Yeah yeah .. the reserve has been met and the current bid is $5,150 ... at least two people are prepared to pay more than $5grand for this bike .. if a bike is worth what someone will pay for it, then this one is worth more than $5grand ...
    "So if you meet me, have some sympathy, have some courtesy, have some taste ..."

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Quote Originally Posted by Banditbandit View Post
    In 1966 I was 11 years old ...
    My Mum was 4 years old...

Thread Information