Page 485 of 1072 FirstFirst ... 385435475483484485486487495535585985 ... LastLast
Results 7,261 to 7,275 of 16076

Thread: Optimistic sellers

Bike
    M109R, GS1200ss, RMX450Z, ZX-12R
    Quote Originally Posted by Voltaire View Post
    Optical illusion me thinks...but the seat and colour.....
    I was gauging the shadows cast by the rear wheel & stand by comparison...something just doesn't look right even though the front is slightly pitched to the left.

I still stand by my comment the 1st time this thing aired about the colour....."cream with a yellow tinge"------PISS STAINED
    Though I see he's hidden the brown seat

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post

Who has that sort of coin?
    lots, the rich are getting richer here, people with coin don't impress their mates with a folder full of property portfolios, but they do with a pretty bike that they've overpaid for and justify it with their little story.
    look at the thread here telling us how Britten models are worth $2.5 k cause they've got one, yet after a month on trademe ones reached $760, and it's likely the bidders are jsut hunting that fixed price offer, as we all know there 's a warning when you're within 15% of reserve....

Bike
    motocompo
    Quote Originally Posted by jellywrestler View Post
    lots, the rich are getting richer here, people with coin don't impress their mates with a folder full of property portfolios, but they do with a pretty bike that they've overpaid for and justify it with their little story.
    look at the thread here telling us how Britten models are worth $2.5 k cause they've got one, yet after a month on trademe ones reached $760, and it's likely the bidders are jsut hunting that fixed price offer, as we all know there 's a warning when you're within 15% of reserve....
    Interesting take on it. Maybe their property portfolios mean they have some future financial security & passive income & can now waste a few bucks on stupid stuff they always liked.

Bike
    1972 Norton Commando
    Quote Originally Posted by jellywrestler View Post
    I don't imagine the guy who paid 50K+ really cares what other think about his purchase, he's probably earned it.
    DeMyer's Laws - an argument that consists primarily of rambling quotes isn't worth bothering with.

Bike
    KTM 890 Adventure
    Quote Originally Posted by sidecar bob View Post
    Interesting take on it. Maybe their property portfolios mean they have some future financial security & passive income & can now waste a few bucks on stupid stuff they always liked.
    Rich pricks eh?

In my experience the ones paying stupid money for shit to impress someone else are almost always poor pricks that can't actually afford it. Which makes far more sense when you think about it...
    Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon

Bike
    motocompo
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocean1 View Post
    Rich pricks eh?

In my experience the ones paying stupid money for shit to impress someone else are almost always poor pricks that can't actually afford it. Which makes far more sense when you think about it...
    I buy shit I don't want with money I don't have to impress people I don't like.

Bike
    KTM 890 Adventure
    I buy shit I don't want with money I don't have to impress people I don't like.
    Will Smith.

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination.” – Oscar Wilde

Bike
    1972 Norton Commando
    "Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination.” – Oscar Wilde
    Another one of Oscars:

What is a cynic? A man who knows the price of everything and the value of nothing.
    Optimistic Sellers thread motto no less.
    DeMyer's Laws - an argument that consists primarily of rambling quotes isn't worth bothering with.

Bike
    KTM 890 Adventure
    Quote Originally Posted by Voltaire View Post
    Another one of Oscars:

Optimistic Sellers thread motto no less.
    One of my all time favourites: The Best Way to teach your kids about taxes is by eating 30% of their ice cream
    — Bill Murray

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Rich pricks eh?

Similar to my reaction. The only instances of 'surprise' motorcycle purchases that I can recall were when someone's dear old mum had died and there had been an inheritance.

When I had my S4R the President of the Ducati owners owned an NCR. NCR prices range from US$59,000 to US$220,000. He visited Italy for Ducati week. I don't know but I'd guess he had a successful business?

Here's the NCR catalogue, you have to scroll a long way through to get to the bike prices, but even the parts prices will give you an idea. http://www.ncrfactory.com/eng/html/17.06-dollar.shtml
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    suzuki
    what till the chinese start coming here to buy bikes, that'll clean us out

Bike
    16' xtz125e super-adventure, Ninja 650
    Blog Entries
    harder for them to exchange their china dollars to other currency after their government/banks are stopping all the money leaving the country --- a nice chain of events (kinda starting from Canada's kickout of chinese investors) is what made all that money wash over here -- that ship has sailed for the most part however.

Bike
    husaberg
    Tracey's boobs'?
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    2004 SV650S
    WTF is this!!!! I think I just had an aneurysm.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/moto...1382185322.htm
    102° Rx = + /_\

Bike
    motocompo
    Quote Originally Posted by babysteps View Post
    WTF is this!!!! I think I had an aneurysm.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/moto...1382185322.htm
    Forward controls, I stop reading a bike ad if I get to that bit.

Thread Information