Page 9 of 106 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast

Thread: MotoGP 2017

Bike
    Kawasaki H2A 1973
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasherfromwayback View Post
    I'd have to agree with that. Then for me, Doohan. Stoner and MM for the most exciting to watch on the bike, along with KS.
    You should have seen King Kenny

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by KawasakiKid View Post
    You should have seen King Kenny
    I would have loved to. Def one of my racing favs.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    And like how Rossi only ever raced full factory bikes vs Stoners first season on a sat bike and tyres...be even worse for old mate then!
    Wouldn't have made any difference if Stoner had a factory bike in his first year, he couldn't keep the bloody thing shiny side up anyway.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    Wouldn't have made any difference if Stoner had a factory bike in his first year, he couldn't keep the bloody thing shiny side up anyway.
    Yeah. Started out well then kinda lost his way eh. Wonder if the tyres he was being supplied went down in quality? Tin foil hat at the ready!

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Interesting stats. For me, Hailwood is the GOAT. Very closely followed by Ago. Third and again close is Rossi. Then is much more difficult, I could name my top 20 but after these 3 the order is not so clear
    Nah. Ago was another who had the advantage at times of having the only factory bike, lapping the entire field, winning by minutes.

Hailwood though rode anything and everything. Although he did have a golden start. Back when the Honda 250 fours were new his dad paid huge money to buy him one. He then the only one in private hands, big step up from his NSU 250, but had the talent to carry it on.

Rossi too had advantages, tyres for one. All three of those guys made the most of their opportunities. I wouldn't rank them.

The competition now is probably tougher than it has ever been and if Suzuki can get their ducks in a row, it's could get tougher. Whoever wins these days deserves it.
    We don't know how lucky we are...

I note that Capirossi has been appointed Dorna rep in Race Direction.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Kawasaki H2A 1973
    Nah. Ago was another who had the advantage at times of having the only factory bike, lapping the entire field, winning by minutes.

Hailwood though rode anything and everything. Although he did have a golden start. Back when the Honda 250 fours were new his dad paid huge money to buy him one. He then the only one in private hands, big step up from his NSU 250, but had the talent to carry it on.

Rossi too had advantages, tyres for one. All three of those guys made the most of their opportunities. I wouldn't rank them.

So Hailwood, Ago and Rossi you would not rank?? I would say you are probably unique in the world of motorcycle racing.

So let's have your top 3 of all time, and maybe some reasons why they are the best.

Bike
    Kawasaki H2A 1973
    Nah.
    Hailwood ...but had the talent to carry it on.

Saying Mike the Bike had a bit of talent is like saying winning the lottery would be ok

Bike
    Various things
    Whoever wins these days deserves it.
    We don't know how lucky we are...

I note that Capirossi has been appointed Dorna rep in Race Direction.
    MM for his 4th title out of 5 seasons. The irony of Capirossi being a rep of any sort. Was quite the dirty rider back in the day...

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    So Hailwood, Ago and Rossi you would not rank?? I would say you are probably unique in the world of motorcycle racing.

So let's have your top 3 of all time, and maybe some reasons why they are the best.
    No. I may have expressed that badly. They are 1,2 and 3. I wouldn't try and rank them within that.

Bike
    Kawasaki H2A 1973
    MM for his 4th title out of 5 seasons. The irony of Capirossi being a rep of any sort. Was quite the dirty rider back in the day...
    I like to think Rossi can get #10, a big ask but possible. MM is also for sure a good chance, but maybe Lorenzo will bring Ducati home #1

I think Ducati is ready for another win, Lorenzo is not a favourite for me but his skill is not in question. Even Vinales if he is more consistent.

It will be a great year

Bike
    Kawasaki H2A 1973
    No. I may have expressed that badly. They are 1,2 and 3. I wouldn't try and rank them within that.
    I misunderstood, sorry

Bike
    Various things
    I like to think Rossi can get #10, a big ask but possible. MM is also for sure a good chance, but maybe Lorenzo will bring Ducati home #1

It will be a great year
    Even though I'm not a Rossi fan, I'd still kinda like to see the Old Boy win his tenth. Like to see Lorenzo win it too to give Yamaha the finger, even though I'm no real fan. Seeing as I'm a huge MM fan I'd like to see him do it and rewrite the record books as he goes. And I'd also like tom see MV win it!

So many choice outcomes!

And as you say...

Bike
    Kawasaki H2A 1973
    Even though I'm not a Rossi fan, I'd still kinda like to see the Old Boy win his tenth. Like to see Lorenzo win it too to give Yamaha the finger, even though I'm no real fan. Seeing as I'm a huge MM fan I'd like to see him do it and rewrite the record books as he goes. And I'd also like tom see MV win it!

So many choice outcomes!

And as you say...
    Happy New Year Pete, sorry don't know how to use the rep function and reply.

Bike
    Various things
    Happy New Year Pete, sorry don't know how to use the rep function and reply.
    Haha. No sweat. My year can only get better. Cheers.

Bike
    Various things

Thread Information