Page 208 of 337 FirstFirst ... 108158198206207208209210218258308 ... LastLast
Results 3,106 to 3,120 of 5043

Thread: The Bucket Foundry

Bike
    none
    Quote Originally Posted by Flettner View Post
    Yum Yum, 7075 parts back from being hard chromed. Might be busy on the grinder today.
    Yum yum indeed!

Bike
    Exercycle
    Yum Yum, 7075 parts back from being hard chromed.
    Might be busy on the grinder today.
    Two versions - for different crank setups ?

Bike
    TT500 F9 Kawasaki EFI
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumph View Post
    Two versions - for different crank setups ?
    Yes two types to test. Beautiful job they have done, hope it stays put.

Bike
    bsa. honda. aprilia
    Flettner, after the ktm debarkle, go easy on showing your results. no point being the FREE R&D for someone elses profit mate. unless of course your happy with the situation

Bike
    KTM 890 Adventure
    Quote Originally Posted by breezy View Post
    Flettner, after the ktm debarkle, go easy on showing your results. no point being the FREE R&D for someone elses profit mate. unless of course your happy with the situation
    He's a Kiwi, he's used to it.
    Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon

Bike
    husaberg
    Yes two types to test. Beautiful job they have done, hope it stays put.
    Did the mrs at least feign interest in them?
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    TT500 F9 Kawasaki EFI
    Quote Originally Posted by husaberg View Post
    Did the mrs at least feign interest in them?
    Zipped them out to shed before she got a chance to see them.

Ha Ha, yes Breezy, KTM are spying on us. What to do? They could pay me NOT to post stuff on this forum
    Or perhaps these pictures could be a red herring and the real development results are locked away inside my secure research facility deep in the Forrest.
    Or perhaps there is correspondence at this point with their opposition, I'm not saying nothing.
    Or perhaps this is all bullshit.

Bike
    1944 RE 1
    Zipped them out to shed before she got a chance to see them.

Ha Ha, yes Breezy, KTM are spying on us. What to do? They could pay me NOT to post stuff on this forum
    Or perhaps these pictures could be a red herring and the real development results are locked away inside my secure research facility deep in the Forrest.
    Or perhaps there is correspondence at this point with their opposition, I'm not saying nothing.
    Or perhaps this is all bullshit.
    Nevertheless, "The proof of the pudding is in the eating" and if it tastes nice, don't let the expression on your face show it or the hungry bastards will all want a piece! (no bull).
    Strokers Galore!

Bike
    TT500 F9 Kawasaki EFI
    I've got KTM's next generation injection system here now, only if I show it off, it will be KTM's next injection system! (when they find the limitations of the system they have now).

It's well suited to run on a 125, just saying, plenty of injection time available.

Bike
    1944 RE 1
    I've got KTM's next generation injection system here now, only if I show it off, it will be KTM's next injection system! (when they find the limitations of the system they have now).
    That's the spirit! - a "Mark 2" or even "Mark3" version up and running and ready by the time they (not necessarily meaning KTM of course) have gone to the expense of modifying a production line to accommodate a previously copied "Mark 1".
    Strokers Galore!

Bike
    Exercycle
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocean1 View Post
    He's a Kiwi, he's used to it.
    It goes back a fair ways too....When I was a kid, at one Lady Wigram meeting, I remember seeing a group of poms wearing BRM overalls around the tail end of one of Hec Green's RA Specials. The next season's BRM rear suspension was a copy of Hec's. That was their first rear engine car so it would have been probably Jan '58.
    Yachting has many examples too....

Bike
    STRIKE trike & KTM300 EXC TPI
    Weekend’s activity was to make a mounting system for a spring scale to measure the torque of the dyno absorber unit. I know it’s pretty crude, but I don’t want to frig around with reviving some rooted electronics bits any more.
    Some might even think it’s a bit fishy.

So it’s almost ready for the big "tell all or nothing runs" when I’m back in a couple of weeks.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_1368.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	241.1 KB 
ID:	331012Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_1370.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	237.2 KB 
ID:	331013

Bike
    1944 RE 1
    Quote Originally Posted by ken seeber View Post
    Weekend’s activity was to make a mounting system for a spring scale to measure the torque of the dyno absorber unit.
    May have missed something here earlier - but what sort of absorber is that? obviously it's not a disc/caliper brake setup - what type of beast is it? - what's it off?
    Strokers Galore!

Bike
    STRIKE trike & KTM300 EXC TPI
    Quote Originally Posted by WilDun View Post
    May have missed something here earlier - but what sort of absorber is that? obviously it's not a disc/caliper brake setup - what type of beast is it? - what's it off?
    Willy, it is a water brake style absorber. In principle the design has been around for ages, eg Heenan & Froude ( you should know this, from the old mother country ). Essentially it is filled/partially filled with a constant flow of water, presumably the more water the more drag, hence load. The energy being dissipated thru heating the water. The flow is controlled via the inlet valve. With these and this one (TRIK) , when operating at a constant speed, the software controls a variable valve based on speed feedback.
    On the bottom left of the first pic you can see a ½ in brass gate valve. This will be my flow control device if we can’t get the software to both read and control the valve. I guess a feature of the absorber is that, unlike an engine, it’ll be relatively insensitive to the water temps.

Bike
    none
    Quote Originally Posted by ken seeber View Post
    Willy, it is a water brake style absorber. In principle the design has been around for ages, eg Heenan & Froude.
    I've been around for ages too; my first dyno brake was a Heenan & Froude. The peculiarity about it was that the amount of braking was controlled by two slides moving radially in- or outward between the pump rotor and pump stator. You had to move those slides by turning a hand wheel on the penduling pump housing. But as soon as you laid a hand on this wheel, the pump housing moved a little and the braking torque indicator hand moved as well - not a great way to achieve accuracy.

Controlling the water flow was a better option, but not by much, because it would vary the water pressure in the system, which would make the rubber hoses between the stationary valve and the penduling pump try to change their curvature, once again exerting unwanted torque on the pump housing.

Then there was the pump characteristics. The pump's absorbed-torque rose with rpm alright, but it rose nowhere as steeply as the torque curve of a racing two-stroke. So with the engine running somewhere in the torque dip below its power band, when you reduced the braking torque in order to let the revs climb a bit, the engine would wake up and the revs would shoot up to almost maximum rpm where its torque dropped off.
    In time I could more or less improve this behaviour by doubling the pump rpm and tripling the water pressure but it was never easy to sample a power curve.

Thread Information