Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Royal Enfield Bullet 500 Vs Harley-Davidson Street 750

Bike
    yamaha

Royal Enfield Bullet 500 Vs Harley-Davidson Street 750

What would you prefer? A new Royal Enfield Bullet 500 Vs 2016 Harley-Davidson Street 750 (used - 5873 miles)

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Golly. That's like asking; who would you rather marry? Rosanne Barr, or a man?

Go to the shop and tell them you want to try something you hadn't considered. Might be fun.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    GSX-S1000GT/DR 650
    Erm… They both have an upright riding position and an engine and wheels. As for things in common that's about it.

In other words you're not comparing apples with apples there. Personally I'd have the H-D as it has enough grunt to cruise at the open road speed limit with a fair bit in reserve - The R-E doesn't.

You need to decide what sort of riding you want to do and go from there.

Bike
    less than I used to have
    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Boy View Post
    Erm… They both have an upright riding position and an engine and wheels. As for things in common that's about it.

In other words you're not comparing apples with apples there. Personally I'd have the H-D as it has enough grunt to cruise at the open road speed limit with a fair bit in reserve - The R-E doesn't.

You need to decide what sort of riding you want to do and go from there.
    ...wot 'e said...

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Alana,

There is reportedly a Covid enduced shortage of bikes in the country at the moment but things aren't that bad. There should be other suitable bikes out there.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Can you still get GN250? Probably preferable to both. I mean buy the RE if you must have something antiquated but. . .dont go antiquated and crippled.

Bike
    less than I used to have
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    Can you still get GN250? Probably preferable to both. I mean buy the RE if you must have something antiquated but. . .dont go antiquated and crippled.
    ...dont be silly dave5...that is pure obfuscation of the facts as portrayed, by overly zealous, hd and trump haters...

Bike
    Breaking rocks
    Blog Entries
    Might find the RE easier to resell when the time comes?
    Only a Rat can win a Rat Race!

Bike
    Street Triple R
    I've ridden an HD Street 500 a fair bit (dont ask) and a RE bullet briefly. I have sat on the Street 750 but not ridden it. The Street 500 was way more comfortable to sit on than the 750. The 750 ergos are all wrong for me... something weird as fuck with in particular the footpeg placement. An HD Street Bob is way more comfortable for me (and 2.5x the price). The RE was "OK". If you want that old looking stuff have a loook for an SR400. I bought one a couple years ago and sold it within two months. Every km cost me $16. 23 hp is insufficient. The kickstart only starts out being "cool and charming" and rapidly turns into "fuck this its a ballache".

Do yourself a favour and buy an first or second Gen Triumph Street Triple. similar ergos (what we used to call "standard") but goes like fuck. Light weight, huge aftermarket. Reliable. Goes round corners, stops. Get the first model that has ABS (I think 2011 or something). You will be out the door well under ten grand and on a functionally much better motorcycle. Though if you are looking at Harleys you dont care how functional your motorcycle is, right?
    I thought elections were decided by angry posts on social media. - F5 Dave

Bike
    1982 Suzuki GS1100GK, 2008 KLR650
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryDorsetCase View Post
    Do yourself a favour and buy an first or second Gen Triumph Street Triple. similar ergos (what we used to call "standard") but goes like fuck. Light weight, huge aftermarket. Reliable. Goes round corners, stops. Get the first model that has ABS (I think 2011 or something). You will be out the door well under ten grand and on a functionally much better motorcycle.
    Timely. My son bought one of those yesterday and I rode it home for him. Exactly as you describe, reminded me of the Lucky Strike RGV he used to own but about twice the power.
    it's not a bad thing till you throw a KLR into the mix.
    those cheap ass bitches can do anything with ductape.
    (PostalDave on ADVrider)

Bike
    Blog Entries
    And what I ride having worked my way back down from 1100s 1050s, 900s etc.

Bike
    Breaking rocks
    Blog Entries
    Not so cool tho when you are doing your "distinguished gentlemans ride" though I spose?
    Only a Rat can win a Rat Race!

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Must finish my Stinger and actually do one of those to see what they are all about I guess.

Bike
    Wots I gots.
    I've ridden the Enfield and it is nice.

I have not ridden the Harley, and theoretically it's better but practically it's way more expensive.

I have ridden the Harley LiveWire and prefer them to both. But the LiveWire is shockingly expensive. But it is worth the price of admission. If you can afford it.

It be like

- marry the dyed blonde if it's all you can aspire to (Enfield).

- marry the aberrant redhead if you want better than a dye job, but less than the best (Street 750).

- marry the perfect 20th-century brunette if you want the very best and fastest that is right here, right now (LiveWire).

Bike
    big shiney pommy thing
    Quote Originally Posted by RDJ View Post
    I've ridden the Enfield and it is nice.

I have not ridden the Harley, and theoretically it's better but practically it's way more expensive.

I have ridden the Harley LiveWire and prefer them to both. But the LiveWire is shockingly expensive. But it is worth the price of admission. If you can afford it.

It be like

- marry the dyed blonde if it's all you can aspire to (Enfield).

- marry the aberrant redhead if you want better than a dye job, but less than the best (Street 750).

- marry the perfect 20th-century brunette if you want the very best and fastest that is right here, right now (LiveWire).
    Yeah but the fastest right now will be out of production in 3 years and give you Cancer of the nads.All this on top of being looking like a fag pulling into your Wellington Cafe.At least try and be bloke FFS

Thread Information