M109R, GS1200ss, RMX450Z, ZX-12R
    Quote Originally Posted by nudemetalz View Post
    YZF750R per chance?
    close the YZF750SP

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by nudemetalz View Post
    YZF750R per chance?
    Nothing cheap about one of those either!

Bike
    1150GSA, Husaberg F600
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthrax View Post
    I owned one of these. Loved it. Did lots of k's and no problems what so ever.
    I owned one as well and loved it. The R model unfairly got a lot of stick from the shitty F. Overweight - yes. Bags of torque. Stoopid 16" front tyre, but cool Comstar wheels.

Cool

Bike
    cb750k/900f/1100rb/xr200/ts250l

vf vs 1100r

I have vf1000r and an 1100rb the vf is a great bike and does every thing you expect a great bike to do the 1100r scares the crap out of me more raw power an no handling to cope with all that power been a honda nut the vf i find refinded and a wonderful bike I could buy some thing more moden but I like the old stuff and thats the way it is maybe one day I'll buy an old cb350 but not today

Bike
    2002 VFR800 VTEC
    Also an R rider. yeah there long, and heavy, but going from a VT250 to the VF1000R was the best thing i ever did.
    clocked up many many 100's of thousands of k's on it around NZ traveling with friends for xmas etc. as well as blasting around the place to visit friends, for rides up the tucks on the weekends, track days, sprints, anywhere and everywhere, hell even on lots of gravel roads and a few dirt tracks and stream crossings down south (with the bmw adventure R bikes).

In all the time i have had it, i have only had to keep the oil and filter fresh, check the water, and keep putting tires and chains on it.
    normal service stuff (tune ups, carb balance, front fork oil/seals), nothing unusual, all the stuff you expect to do on a bike of the erra.

If i could afford it, i'd like to buy a mint one and do it all over again.
    awesome power in any gear.
    I loved this bike to bits, and pretty much rode the wheels off it.
    i'm pretty disapointed with it's replacment - a 2002 vfr800 vtec. gutless by comparision.

anyway - there is plenty of info on the internet, ignore the bad cam stories (they are for chain drive VF's only). yeah, big tank, but 300k's out of it every time.
    hard to find a truely great example today i imagine.

anyway - i have plenty of info and stuff if needed at home/on the net.
    cheers
    Gavin
    ACC - One rule, one levy , one cover. Fair to ALL New Zealand.

Bike
    2002 VFR800 VTEC
    oh yeah, i forgot i had this http://gavweb.dts.net.nz/vfhome/Service.html a link to stuff i did - has k's and what was done and the date. so you get an idea of what it was like for consuming things like tyres and chains etc.

Bike
    Various things
    You guys that go on about how much you loved your VFR1000R's miss the point.

The point is they were total heaps of overweight shit. So what if they're reliable? So is a CT90!

They were much worse than the bikes from other brands they were competing with at the time.

They did nothing better, they were heavier, and they were slower. Oh...and they cost more.

What part of that makes them great...or 'classics'?

I've owned dozens of bikes I loved...that were heaps of fucking SHIT. But at least I can admit they were shit.

Take your rose tinted specks off, and stop all the good "oh it was a wonderful bike" talk before some poor cunt believes you and parts with his/her hard earned cash and buys one FFS!

Bike
    MG V11 Nero Corsa LeMans
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasherfromwayback View Post
    Ohh now now, come on fella... ya tad OTT aye?
    over weight expensive sure, but 'heaps a shit' they are and were not, to be shit it would have to be uncomfortable, unreliable, unridable... ya cant hassle the guys for they do not have rose tinted glasses, they aint claiming the bike could win a WSB race, no for them their street bike did and does more than they wanted or needed... NZ roads, awesome... fark its like compearing a RG5 or RZ5 to the NSR4

To answer ya Question... HONDA
    cheers DD
    (Definately Dodgy)

Bike
    . .
    You guys that go on about how much you loved your VFR1000R's miss the point.

The point is they were total heaps of overweight shit. So what if they're reliable? So is a CT90!

They were much worse than the bikes from other brands they were competing with at the time.

They did nothing better, they were heavier, and they were slower. Oh...and they cost more.

I've owned dozens of bikes I loved...that were heaps of fucking SHIT. But at least I can admit they were shit.

Take your rose tinted specks off, and stop all the good "oh it was a wonderful bike" talk before some poor cunt believes you and parts with his/her hard earned cash and buys one FFS!

Only your opinion. Mine was a great ROAD bike. Wasn't slow as it did the speed limit just fine. I don't think you have any idea what you're talking about or maybe you're just lookinh=g at it from a wannabe racer point of view?

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by Taz View Post
    Only your opinion. Mine was a great ROAD bike. Wasn't slow as it did the speed limit just fine. I don't think you have any idea what you're talking about or maybe you're just lookinh=g at it from a wannabe racer point of view?
    Find me one review that rates them highly compared to what else was available at the time, and I'll lick your balls. If not...you can clean mine.

Bike
    MG V11 Nero Corsa LeMans
    Find me one review that rates them highly compared to what else was available at the time, and I'll lick your balls. If not...you can clean mine.
    Find me one that 'dosent' and ya aint going nowere near my balls.
    cheers DD
    (Definately Dodgy)

Bike
    . .
    You live your life through magazine reviews rather than experience? My "review" doesn't rate them any higher than the competition that was available at the time and whether the opposition was better or not is not the issue here. I liked mine as a comfortable big bore kilometre cruncher and it was a great road bike as I said. You better get back to regurgitating moto scribes opinions to those who are interested as I think you are missing the point of this thread and have no personal experience of the bike in question. Plus you have no balls

Bike
    2002 VFR800 VTEC
    oh yeah.. gurgle etc..

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by Taz View Post
    You live your life through magazine reviews rather than experience? My "review" doesn't rate them any higher than the competition that was available at the time and whether the opposition was better or not is not the issue here. I liked mine as a comfortable big bore kilometre cruncher and it was a great road bike as I said. You better get back to regurgitating moto scribes opinions to those who are interested as I think you are missing the point of this thread and have no personal experience of the bike in question. Plus you have no balls
    I think you're talking a load of shit. Seeing as I've been in the bike industry for over 23 years, worked in 5 different shops here and in Australia, I've actually ridden just about every bike you could care to name. And as far as balls go...I've got a set that would make yours look like peas.

Bike
    . .
    I think you're talking a load of shit. Seeing as I've been in the bike industry for over 23 years, worked in 5 different shops here and in Australia, I've actually ridden just about every bike you could care to name. And as far as balls go...I've got a set that would make yours look like peas.
    But you haven't ridden or owned a 1000R for any length of time? And I'm talking shit because I said I liked mine? I made no statements that it was better or worse than anything else. Did you tell all your customers their bikes were shit if they didn't ride one on your "Good Bike List" ? I also spent more than a decade in the motorcycle industry. Why are you so upset about a bunch of VF1000R owners stating they liked their bikes? Where do you work so I know not to shop there? Geez man you need to get a grip and let those who say they liked a particular bike they owned be even if it doesn't fit your narrow prerequisites for a good bike. We aren't all "you" and are glad not to be.
    Andy.

Thread Information