Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Death toll on the roads is virtually identical to 2019

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    A practical retest with tiered outcomes, say for instance having to attend training and retest . This would give an interface with the general public to a trained professional assessment of thier driving. It's an extension of Scubies comments. How else will they know?
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    A practical retest with tiered outcomes, say for instance having to attend training and retest . This would give an interface with the general public to a trained professional assessment of thier driving. It's an extension of Scubies comments. How else will they know?
    The problem with this is similar to requiring professional driver training for new drivers. The farmers would be instantly up in arms about having to transport their offspring to town for training. The National Party would be instantly vocal in opposing the training 'cause farmers...

Other countries do it of course, but we have a very large "too hard" basket.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Good point. Exemptions for farmers just so they shut the fuck up.

Bike
    09 GSX1400.
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    The problem with this is similar to requiring professional driver training for new drivers. The farmers would be instantly up in arms about having to transport their offspring to town for training. The National Party would be instantly vocal in opposing the training 'cause farmers...

Other countries do it of course, but we have a very large "too hard" basket.
    My pet hate is the type of person doing the training/grading and just how good they are.

In the past I have seen some real doosy's doing licence testing for example at AA.

You'd never go hungry with Nigella Gaz.
    If it weren't for flashbacks...I'd have no memory at all..

Bike
    '21 Ducati Multistrada 950S
    Quote Originally Posted by roogazza View Post
    My pet hate is the type of person doing the training/grading and just how good they are.

In the past I have seen some real doosy's doing licence testing for example at AA.
    That has been my experience as well. Not all trainers and assessors are actually good. There are some good ones, and equally there are some assessor where it makes you wonder 'how did they get to be assessors'. I have had the privilege of witnessing my teenagers going through driving tests, coin flip really.

Bike
    1982 Suzuki GS1100GK, 2008 KLR650
    Blog Entries
    Might be urban legend but I have heard / read VTNZ have a policy of 50% or thereabouts failure rate.
    it's not a bad thing till you throw a KLR into the mix.
    those cheap ass bitches can do anything with ductape.
    (PostalDave on ADVrider)

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pete376403 View Post
    Might be urban legend but I have heard / read VTNZ have a policy of 50% or thereabouts failure rate.
    Some people really aren't very smart, f'rinstance turning up for the test in a car with an expired warrant. Fail.

A guy of my acquaintance was telling those assembled in the local hostelry that his son was failed his driving test because he turned up for the test in bare feet. I didn't have a problem with that. If they turn up for the test in jandals that should be a fail too.

There might be a financial incentive to fail people these days if a retest costs another fee.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    BSA A10
    A guy of my acquaintance was telling those assembled in the local hostelry that his son was failed his driving test because he turned up for the test in bare feet. I didn't have a problem with that. If they turn up for the test in jandals that should be a fail too..
    That's a lot safer than driving wearing motocross boots
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough power."

Quote Originally Posted by scracha View Post
    Even BP would shy away from cleaning up a sidecar oil spill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren Zevon
    Send Lawyers, guns and money, the shit has hit the fan

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickaha View Post
    That's a lot safer than driving wearing motocross boots
    It's about control and none of those options are appropriate. Good contact with control surfaces is important. The Armorguard packaging used to warn against putting it on control surfaces. It turned out that the seat is a control surface too.

Bike
    BSA A10
    It's about control and none of those options are appropriate.
    I would disagree, driving barefeet you have far more feel than any footwear including auto racing boots
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough power."

Quote Originally Posted by scracha View Post
    Even BP would shy away from cleaning up a sidecar oil spill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren Zevon
    Send Lawyers, guns and money, the shit has hit the fan

Bike
    Blog Entries
    When I did my bike licence I just assumed it had a wof as I'd bought it a week or so before as I hadn't fancied doing licence on my XR250 with no indicators mirrors, sidestand, 1/2 a muffler. Last 2 got fixed but I'd bought an RD350 by then and in an ingenious display of deception applied some crude 250 stickers. But got cold feet, plus it used to oil plugs regularly. So bought a GSX250 to get licence.

He asked about the wof, I kinda shrugged and he got bored of looking. Later after passing I discovered there was none. Sheesh can't trust some people.

Bike
    '21 Ducati Multistrada 950S
    There might be a financial incentive to fail people these days if a retest costs another fee.
    Retest has never been free.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickaha View Post
    I would disagree, driving barefeet you have far more feel than any footwear including auto racing boots
    Maybe if you drove bare foot all the time, otherwise it would feel weird. We'll just have to disagree. I'm definitely wearing shoes to my next drivig test.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeeper View Post
    Retest has never been free.
    In days of yore nobody used to fail. Well, very few failed.

Bike
    '76 CB550 Super Sport
    In days of yore nobody used to fail. Well, very few failed.
    thats because we drove on quiet back roads with our parents cars before going for our licenses. With our parents permission.

Just saying...

Thread Information