View Poll Results: Which firearm types do you own?

Voters
912. You may not vote on this poll
  • Shotgun (single, double, pump, lever, bolt)

291 31.91%
  • Shotgun Auto (non MSSA)

96 10.53%
  • Rifle (single, double, pump, lever, bolt)

408 44.74%
  • Rifle Auto (non MSSA)

177 19.41%
  • MSSA

66 7.24%
  • Pistol

78 8.55%
  • Black powder (rifle, pistol, shotgun)

35 3.84%
  • Air/Gas (pistol, rifle)

313 34.32%
  • un-armed

305 33.44%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 676 FirstFirst 123451353103503 ... LastLast

Thread: The firearm thread

Bike
    Kwakasaurus Z750s '05
    Bloody psycho gun owners...

While people are asking for bits, anyone know where I can get a speed loader for a SKS?

Bike
    08ZX10, 98 KX250
    try trademe or www.guncity.co.nz always have stuff there
    Quote Originally Posted by scracha View Post
    Dude, I was riding it home from Hamilton in the pi$$ing rain $hitting myself .... There's no way in hell I could own that bike for a week and still have my license. There...I've admitted it.

Scracha Loves me ... Know him before you judge me.

Bike
    CharlesidealOB
    Blog Entries

Illegal conversions

Learnt how to convert an SLR to full auto with a matchstick when I was in the army. Haven't tried it myself thou.

Was given a full auto conversion piece of metal for my Ruger 10/22 by a friend. Turned out to be pretty useless.

Bike
    Ubrfarter V Klunkn,ffwabbit,Petal,phoebe
    Bloody hell. Puts a whole new context on the retort "You and whose army?".

All this fire power, and we're still stuck with Helen. Buncha wimps.
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark
    This world has lost it's drive, everybody just wants to fit in the be the norm as it were.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Vincent
    The manufacturers go to a lot of trouble to find out what the average rider prefers, because the maker who guesses closest to the average preference gets the largest sales. But the average rider is mainly interested in silly (as opposed to useful) “goodies” to try to kid the public that he is riding a racer

Bike
    08ZX10, 98 KX250
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Dover View Post
    you've got to do something to disguise it's belgian origins.
    Yea but in battle conditions I'd take it over ....Styer, AR15, M16, G3, and even the mini 14 (all of these guns I have had stoppages while using them) no stoppages with the L1 (or the old SKS or AK just to short a round) I love the 308 - hide behind the tree? shoot through the tree!
    Dude, I was riding it home from Hamilton in the pi$$ing rain $hitting myself .... There's no way in hell I could own that bike for a week and still have my license. There...I've admitted it.

Bike
    08ZX10, 98 KX250
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankMe View Post
    Learnt how to convert an SLR to full auto with a matchstick when I was in the army. Haven't tried it myself thou.

Was given a full auto conversion piece of metal for my Ruger 10/22 by a friend. Turned out to be pretty useless.
    Guys I know who used these in the army used to push the selector around one more place, no match stick required (3 speed box) just don't get caught

Got a mate with the book for the full auto on the 10/22, got it when he was in the states, saw a video of him using one, kept on jamming. not for me. already on my second 10/22 after running my other one down, grown up a bit now

Bike
    Aprilia Tuono
    Tikka 270
    Winchester 3030
    Browning 22
    Heaps of rounds

Holla back if you see any wild pigs in your area.

Bike
    have to keep it in my gun safe.
    What do you need?? Price is reflected by availability and cost price.....
    Never let your enemy see your emotions, for it is the one weapon they will value most.

Bike
    ex rider

I learnt the same. It works but it means as soon as you pull the trigger you loose off the whole mag. Bit of a waste.

Brought some of my books back from the UK. Amongst them was one by Paladin Press with full instructions how to build a trigger unit for the 10/22. Doesnt take long or many tools. TUrns that particular carbine into select fire. 1200 rpm.

Strictly for educational purposes of course.

Bike
    Honda CX500 "Shithawk"
    So, for the end of the world, what's the best commonly available gun to protect my family and stash of food/fuel in our suburban fortress? Sawn off shotgun for close-in fighting? Or a good trusty hunting rifle to pick off the starving raiders as they close in?

Bike
    ex rider
    Quote Originally Posted by Mumbles View Post
    Yea but in battle conditions I'd take it over ....Styer, AR15, M16, G3, and even the mini 14 (all of these guns I have had stoppages while using them) no stoppages with the L1 (or the old SKS or AK just to short a round) I love the 308 - hide behind the tree? shoot through the tree!
    Mate of mine served in the first Gulf War. Found the SA80 didnt have the reach in the distances they operated at.

His unit (Pioneers) was reissued with the SLR/FN.

Bike
    Tractor
    Got half a dozen or so WW1 & WW2 British and German rifles, plus a pumpy shotty and a Winchester rifle.
    Hardly ever used them, but now our new place backs onto a forest its great just jumping the fence and blasting away at trees etc.
    Love the noise of big calibre rifles!

Bike
    2002 Aprilia RSV-R

The firearm thread

Quote Originally Posted by Steam View Post
    So, for the end of the world, what's the best commonly available gun to protect my family and stash of food/fuel in our suburban fortress? Sawn off shotgun for close-in fighting? Or a good trusty hunting rifle to pick off the starving raiders as they close in?

Suburban fortress?.....A pump shotgun with a red-dot, loaded with 00's backed up with a machete.
    "Never do today, what you can put off until tomorrow!"

Bike
    CharlesidealOB
    Blog Entries
    a .410 gauge is more appropriate for home defence. Less likely to penetrate walls when family is on the other side.

I have a .410 side by side with external hammers. Nothings louder when shooting rifled slugs

Bike
    Yeah Baby!

Yeah they jam too much, especially with cheap ammo.

i call mine the David Baine special. An yes, I could shoot myself in the head with the silencer on it.
    Some things are worth dying for, living is one of them.

Thread Information