Page 499 of 1072 FirstFirst ... 399449489497498499500501509549599999 ... LastLast
Results 7,471 to 7,485 of 16076

Thread: Optimistic sellers

Bike
    86.249 93.398 00.944
    Quote Originally Posted by Racing Dave View Post
    I'm a lover of old Hondas, but this made even me feel a bit queasy.

https://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/mot...1296618463.htm
    Looks really strange with the swingarm on a stupid angle, like it's hit a pothole and bent in the middle.

How many more have to die this horrible death before fashion moves on to something else....
    Riding cheap crappy old bikes badly since 1987

Tagorama maps: Transalpers map first 100 tags..................Map of tags 101-200......................Latest map, tag # 201-->

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by neels View Post
    Looks really strange with the swingarm on a stupid angle, like it's hit a pothole and bent in the middle.

How many more have to die this horrible death before fashion moves on to something else....
    I'm wondering if it has a weld on hardtail - the wheelbase looks to short to me.

Bike
    ZX14R, E=mc2
    Quote Originally Posted by T.W.R View Post
    plus the fact Suzuki brought the TSCC design off Fiat and Yamaha Share quite a bit with Toyota including the designing of Toyota's performance engines
    The 4 litre V8 1UZ-FE motor that Toyota designed for the LS400 back in '89 was a better motor than anything back then. 6 bolt mains, quad cam 4 valve and smoother than any Rolls Royce, Mercedes, BMW ..you name it. And more reliable , good for 800,000kms plus if maintained to the book.

Bike
    M109R, GS1200ss, RMX450Z, ZX-12R
    Quote Originally Posted by Stylo View Post
    The 4 litre V8 1UZ-FE motor that Toyota designed for the LS400 back in '89 was a better motor than anything back then. 6 bolt mains, quad cam 4 valve and smoother than any Rolls Royce, Mercedes, BMW ..you name it. And more reliable , good for 800,000kms plus if maintained to the book.
    One of the European car outfits did a comparison test on used luxury cars and the LS400 made all the other vehicles in the test look stupid, and that included maintenance records from new...the only failure on the LS was a servo motor on the drivers seat
    I've currently got a re-badged version of a LS300 and if it keeps going as it is I should get a pretty good run out of the bugger

Yamaha's genesis head design got used and put to good effect by Toyota. Lexus were once Toyota's luxury division before they went independent.

I have got the article somewhere amongst the hoard of books about the TSCC, but at the raw end of it all the TSCC actually stems right back to Peugeot and the classic Pentroof design; basically a 100yr+ design.

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    As opposed to the glorious LS 400 Suzuki.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Suzuki%20ls%20400%20savage%2092.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	86.3 KB 
ID:	332435  
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    less than I used to have
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasherfromwayback View Post
    Fucking bargin!!!!

It's got three fancy air filters though...

https://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/mot...1407541843.htm
    ...I love little bikes, that one was quite a cool little bike in my eyes, five and a half k overpriced though...the little Deus bike is hypercool...

http://deuscustoms.com/bikes/model/cafe-scorpio/

...Ron Wood built a whole lot of flat track bikes...this is one of the coolest bikes in the universe... Rotax 600...

https://www.google.co.nz/search?q=ro...JFZQ__y-sw17M:

...I love little bikes...

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Lexus were once Toyota's luxury division before they went independent.
    The memory can be faulty, but mine says Lexus tried to create a distance from Toyota from the earliest days here. Dunno what they did in Japan.
    I recall being told about the arrangements when lexus were introduced and thinking it was odd. I've seen very few in my travels.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    The memory can be faulty, but mine says Lexus tried to create a distance from Toyota from the earliest days here. Dunno what they did in Japan.
    I recall being told about the arrangements when lexus were introduced and thinking it was odd. I've seen very few in my travels.
    I'm pretty sure they were as per the luxury division doing the so-called hand built top spec toyotas and yeah went independent as you say essentially to create distance from the parent company.
    But hey they're cars....just a motorised box to get from point A to point B

Bike
    86.249 93.398 00.944
    I'm pretty sure they were as per the luxury division doing the so-called hand built top spec toyotas and yeah went independent as you say essentially to create distance from the parent company.
    Lexus is owned by Toyota, just makes people who can't afford a decent spec merc or bmw feel better about the fact that they're still driving a japanese commuter. Particularly applies to americans, hence the fact that Acura doesn't exist in the rest of the world.

They do make a nice 4l v8 though.....
    Riding cheap crappy old bikes badly since 1987

Tagorama maps: Transalpers map first 100 tags..................Map of tags 101-200......................Latest map, tag # 201-->

Bike
    Lexus is owned by Toyota, just makes people who can't afford a decent spec merc or bmw feel better about the fact that they're still driving a japanese commuter. Particularly applies to americans, hence the fact that Acura doesn't exist in the rest of the world.

yeah but have gone from a production line assembly plant amongst one of Toyota's factories to an independent factory on a separate site.
    I'm sure the Saudi's etc wouldn't think they're driving just a jap commuter were the majority of the Lexus badged 100 & 120 series Landcruisers go

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Ahh fuck off and find a sensible car and caravan forum .

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Right. Let's start again.

Genuine reason for selling; can't ride without vomiting all over it. But I thought I'd ask nigh on 5k for it.

https://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Lis...?id=1405497963

Bike
    Blog Entries
    How is this a cafe racer? You've taken a bunch of (and in some cases important) bits off a standard bike and fitted some plywood where the seat should be. That's it. Engine looks disgusting. Ok maybe some covers were painted, but it only makes the rest look worse.

https://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/mot...1407367447.htm

Bike
    Blog Entries

Agree - Lexus is Toyota. Set up as despite being able to produce a luxury car that could rival the European ones they were still perceived as a 'Toyota' (brand snobbery). Particularly in the USA.

Smart move really - Lexus is now perceived as a brand in it's own right.

Honda tried the same in the USA - I think they called them Saturn cars. Did not take off like Lexus.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    How is this a cafe racer? You've taken a bunch of (and in some cases important) bits off a standard bike and fitted some plywood where the seat should be. That's it. Engine looks disgusting. Ok maybe some covers were painted, but it only makes the rest look worse.

https://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/mot...1407367447.htm
    I reckon there is more than 20% effort to finish it. Presumably the ply is a seat base - but I don't understand why the number plate is bolts to it.

Thread Information