Results 6,031 to 6,045 of 6423

Thread: South Auckland Thursday Night Ride

Bike
    Africa Twin! 2018 all the fruit!
    Quote Originally Posted by eldog View Post
    C u next week
    And
    Maybe the weather will improve as well
    Wot, you still not back, hurry the fuck up will ya.
    I will be at the BP on time and will be riding off at 7pm, heading towards Tuakau first.
    Quiet night it will be, probably end up at the Te Kawhata Pub.
    Every day above ground is a good day!:

Bike
    Well the ride left a bit later than 7pm, about 7.10pm, thought there were a couple of lost looking souls circling the car park looking for the SATNR ride, but no, waiting for their mates to come up, so they could ride to Pokeno.
    Weather: Excellent.
    Road Conditions: Amazing.
    Traffic Density: So, Lowwww.
    Route, short and sweet.
    Next week should see the return of one or two of the older hands from Hol's and time away.
    See you all then.

Bike
    Quiet plodder
    Quote Originally Posted by caseye View Post
    Well the return of the older hands.
    See you all then.
    It's been hectic at work this week. Seeing as a lot of people have decided they will take another week off without notice. (Not me)

Wots this old stuff.

READ AND UDESTAND

Bike
    1998 Yamaha R1
    I'm back at work next week (sort of) and am planning to come. The R1 survived the trip around East Cape and just needs chain lube and an oil change.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Bike
    Still to get one
    Kia ora everyone,

my name is Álvaro and I'm new to this forum. Actually I'm quite new to the motorbike world. It's something that have been going through my head for quite some time and finally I've decided to get my license this Saturday. I thought that a bike would be a good way to enjoy the awesome NZ scenery on weekends and a handy way to commute the rest of the week.

I was suggested to join this group as I will need help to learn, especially at first. To be honest, I'm a little bit scared so having someone to help me during my first months would be a big plus. I've been told you get together weekly.

Also tips on the first LAMS motorbike are appreciated I've seen that there're so many options (sports bikes, step-throughs,...)...

Regards,
    Álvaro

Bike
    VT1100C 1993 /DRZ400E
    Quote Originally Posted by Alvaro View Post
    Kia ora everyone,

my name is Álvaro and I'm new to this forum. Actually I'm quite new to the motorbike world. It's something that have been going through my head for quite some time and finally I've decided to get my license this Saturday. I thought that a bike would be a good way to enjoy the awesome NZ scenery on weekends and a handy way to commute the rest of the week.

I was suggested to join this group as I will need help to learn, especially at first. To be honest, I'm a little bit scared so having someone to help me during my first months would be a big plus. I've been told you get together weekly.

Also tips on the first LAMS motorbike are appreciated I've seen that there're so many options (sports bikes, step-throughs,...)...

Regards,
    Álvaro
    Once you pass your learners look into the riderskills courses as they teach you a lot, Bronze is only $20 for a day course

As for bikes it depends a lot on your size and use what you get

Bike
    VT1100C 1993 /DRZ400E
    Anyone riding tonight, should be a good night for it. KTM headlight is now fixed and still going after a few day rides, I have fitted new tires that and they still have air in them after a week so must be OK

The Valkyrie has been getting some attention too so almost ready to ride that too

Bike
    1998 Yamaha R1
    I am planning to come tonight if I can finish work in time. It has taken CourierPost 6 days to deliver a package from Hamilton to Auckland, which I had planned to install for a client on Monday. So I have to get it working today.

Bike
    Will be there for sure.

Bike
    Quiet plodder
    Quote Originally Posted by caseye View Post
    for sure.

You need to get one of those Honda Holdwing or BMW 1600 tourer couches. They come with wheels and wakey wakey alarms.

Next week second episode of Bike Maintenance: How to set the alarm on your couches alarm clock.

READ AND UDESTAND

Bike
    1998 Yamaha R1
    Quote Originally Posted by SaferRides View Post
    I am planning to come tonight if I can finish work in time. It has taken CourierPost 6 days to deliver a package from Hamilton to Auckland, which I had planned to install for a client on Monday. So I have to get it working today.

Well, it didn't start well when they didn't include the default password in the user guide. Muppets.

I did get it going eventually, but was too late to make it to Papakura in time.

Bike
    VT1100C 1993 /DRZ400E

Bike
    Quiet plodder
    Safer - no worries. Sometimes these things happen. Other times the weather isnt suitable or whatever. We dont show either.

Nice pic of the bike Leathel.

I did enjoy the ride and the bike maintenance stuff, way different to the usual day job.

Old Guy, just read your thread about stolen bikes.
    That's a shame.
    Plenty of them that dont give a monkey's about other people's gear. And PC gone mad, hit them with a wet bus ticket.......

Anyhow hopefully you can get it sorted and a bit of Karma wouldn't come amiss.

C u soon hopefully, you can compare notes, with the other traille riders, it's a growing trend.
    And maybe solve the numb arse syndrome.

READ AND UDESTAND

Bike
    04 Buell XB12R 06 WR250F
    Quote Originally Posted by eldog View Post
    Safer - no worries. Sometimes these things happen. Other times the weather isnt suitable or whatever. We dont show either.

Nice pic of the bike Leathel.

I did enjoy the ride and the bike maintenance stuff, way different to the usual day job.

Old Guy, just read your thread about stolen bikes.
    That's a shame.
    Plenty of them that dont give a monkey's about other people's gear. And PC gone mad, hit them with a wet bus ticket.......

Anyhow hopefully you can get it sorted and a bit of Karma wouldn't come amiss.

C u soon hopefully, you can compare notes, with the other traille riders, it's a growing trend.
    And maybe solve the numb arse syndrome.
    Not going to say much at this time, still a long ways to go. Here's hoping.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Why would you ride that long and that gnarly stuff if you don't have to, Its what we do, we love it.
    Nathan Woods R.I.P.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by oldguy View Post
    Not going to say much at this time, still a long ways to go. Here's hoping.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Mate, you need anything that will bring that machine of yours home, you just call, I'm over these fucks.

Thread Information