Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Body Temperature control

Bike
    Honda

Body Temperature control

I been riding a whole 2 week's now/ Is there a better way of controlling your body Temperature/Riding for 30mins in a light Kevlar shirt with armour and when finished I'm dehydrated as hell,(yes I drink plenty of water) will I get used to the heat as I ride more? It's the only downside to something I can't wait to do everyday? Cheers!

Bike
    Obsolete ones.
    Hmmmm, I lived in Scotland for 12 years, never really had a problem here..

Off road I wear a Camel Pak with iced water in it. Keeps my back cool and I can suck on the teat to get rid of the dust.

Still trying to figure out how to stop my goggles get filled with sweat, though.

Dunno if any of this will help.
    Manopausal.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    In hot weather you need to keep moving. As soon as you stop, you start to heat up. Most kit has vents, open all the vents . Most of all though keep moving.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Bundy 4eva! View Post
    I been riding a whole 2 week's now/ Is there a better way of controlling your body Temperature/Riding for 30mins in a light Kevlar shirt with armour and when finished I'm dehydrated as hell,(yes I drink plenty of water) will I get used to the heat as I ride more? It's the only downside to something I can't wait to do everyday? Cheers!
    get a covid test immediatley, don't be that guy.

Bike
    Obsolete ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    In hot weather you need to keep moving. As soon as you stop, you start to heat up. Most kit has vents, open all the vents . Most of all though keep moving.
    In all cerealness, this.

If you're crawling through the city everyday all you can really do is use good deodorant and wear merino undies.
    Manopausal.

Bike
    18 Triumph Tiger 1050 Sport
    What sort of riding are you doing to get so hot and which parts of you over heat the most?

Summer and winter gear is quite different.

Bike
    Street Triple R
    shorts, flip flops, t shirt. Be sweet au
    I thought elections were decided by angry posts on social media. - F5 Dave

Bike
    Honda
    Quote Originally Posted by YellowDog View Post
    What sort of riding are you doing to get so hot and which parts of you over heat the most?

Summer and winter gear is quite different.
    City/traffic jams/speed bumps/traffic lights etc/Country riders don't know how good they have it! Im lucky to get out of 3rd gear/ Whole body drenched when I'm done,feels like I lost some weight which is a good thing/Im 6.3 and 110kg so my size dosent help I guess?

I'm top too toe in safety gear.. overkill?

Guess I'll just man up until autumn!

Bike
    18 Triumph Tiger 1050 Sport
    City/traffic jams/speed bumps/traffic lights etc/Country riders don't know how good they have it! Im lucky to get out of 3rd gear/ Whole body drenched when I'm done,feels like I lost some weight which is a good thing/Im 6.3 and 110kg so my size dosent help I guess?

I'm top too toe in safety gear.. overkill?

Guess I'll just man up until autumn!
    Town riding is always going to be a hot steamy affair through the summer months. You need to keep an eye on the bike's temperature too.

I was given a Malaysian Police riding vest that you soak in cold water before wringing out and wearing under your gear. Very good

Bike
    Sold
    A Rev'it mesh jacket made a massive difference to my summer riding. Fantastic airflow and it has a removable waterproof liner (more like showerproof) and armour . I rarely wear any of my other riding gear now.

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by george formby View Post
    wear merino undies.
    A former member here used to wear mohair ones, although he insisted they were still attached to the goat
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    CB919, 1090R, R1200GSA
    Blog Entries
    2 parts, you don't want to ride in gear that exposes flesh, that dehydrates you. You also don't want to be wearing gear without vents etc.

You can get a variety of gear from heavily mesh to well vented etc. You can also look at evaporative cooling vests, where they hold water (a few different ways from soaking to filling it) and then like sweat, as air passes over it, it cools you.

A naked bike will expose you to more wind, or a faired bike protect you from it. Some bikes run hotter than others as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jane Omorogbe from UK MSN on the KTM990SM
    It's barking mad and if it doesn't turn you into a complete loon within half an hour of cocking a leg over the lofty 875mm seat height, I'll eat my Arai.

Bike
    Honda
    Thanks for the help everyone/Look's like it's my Kevlar shirt/

I start heating up walking downstairs to the garage usually a little nervous aswell, still getting used to riding in mad Auckland traffic so that increases temp/

The riding shirt has no vents it has
    zip plus buttons although I leave a couple of top buttons undone/I thought it would be more comfortable than a Jacket for the heat and boy was I wrong/

Even my riding Jean's / leather boots and gloves seem more breathable

Will persevere for now , still need a jacket for autumn and longer road trips.

Thanks again everyone!

Bike
    It was on the good
    You could always try losing weight.

No offence.

Bike
    Honda
    Quote Originally Posted by Berries View Post
    You could always try losing weight.

No offence.
    That cut deep and ruined my day

Thanks.