Thread: Rg250

Bike
    Ducati 748R

Rg250

i was given a beat up old RG250 missing all the body work, motor came out for a rebuild and never went back in but it did receive new pistons apparently..

worth turning into a track bike hack? dont really know much about these bikes/2 strokes? it was the right price. Free

bit of a shitty pic but everything needed to make it run is there radiator electrics rev counter coils carb ect
    i was actually on the hunt for a bucket racer and the guy thought this was a 150 wouldnt be eligible anyways

WP-20190127-21-37-04-Pro

Bike
    83 RZ350/85 RZ250R/84 RZ350R/84 RZ350K
    Blog Entries
    Want YES need No but if you need it to disappear

Bike
    Ducati 748R
    Quote Originally Posted by Intruder VS View Post
    Want YES need No but if you need it to disappear
    Uhhhhhhhh huuuh?

Bike
    YLR150RR and a RD350LC
    Put a TF125 in it, get some 17" rims , cool bucket racer, these frames dont weigh much, handle great
    My neighbours diary says I have boundary issues

Bike
    Old Bikes
    I had one. Extremely quick bike with great handling. Not ideal around town as it fouled plugs unless you kept it screaming.

Would be a good track day toy.

Bike
    husaberg
    Neat bikes that will be the later models one as it has twin discs. but not the 4 piston calipers.
    Find a RZ350 and turn it into a Yamagamma
    or it would be legal either way as pre 89
    worth keeping just accumilate the bits
    Someone was selling one at Westport the other day on TM, I think it had spare body work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    Ducati 748R
    Quote Originally Posted by husaberg View Post
    Neat bikes that will be the later models one as it has twin discs. but not the 4 piston calipers.
    Find a RZ350 and turn it into a Yamagamma
    or it would be legal either way as pre 89
    worth keeping just accumilate the bits
    Someone was selling one at Westport the other day on TM, I think it had spare body work.

i actually picked this up from waimangoroa? 20KM from westport.. the story goes that it kept breaking everybody who rode it so the guy pulled it apart, they all seemed scared of it... lol when i picked it up it was in bits front end off swing arm off engine out, basically it was parts in a box. the sad thing is the forks are fairly rusted and most parts need some serious TLC the motor seems to have good compression the rear of the bike has been cut off.. and is MIA it looks to be missing maybe 150mm? i cant believe how small it is! tiny little thing.

the guy said it broke 7 people in a year then he decided to pull it apart.... savage power band he said.

what rims will put up the path of least resistance? i actually have some honda cbr400 NC23 forks, calipers and rims at a friends place.. any clue if they will fit?

i dont want this to turn into a money pit as i really want to finish the turbo project, that has been put on hold for abit because we are trying to get some reno's done on the house. i was thinking of a real basic build from parts i have, i could glass a basic fake tank, and seat pan adapt those honda parts and ring its neck?

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by layton View Post
    i actually picked this up from waimangoroa? 20KM from westport.. the story goes that it kept breaking everybody who rode it so the guy pulled it apart, they all seemed scared of it... lol when i picked it up it was in bits front end off swing arm off engine out, basically it was parts in a box. the sad thing is the forks are fairly rusted and most parts need some serious TLC the motor seems to have good compression the rear of the bike has been cut off.. and is MIA it looks to be missing maybe 150mm? i cant believe how small it is! tiny little thing.

the guy said it broke 7 people in a year then he decided to pull it apart.... savage power band he said.

what rims will put up the path of least resistance? i actually have some honda cbr400 NC23 forks, calipers and rims at a friends place.. any clue if they will fit?

i dont want this to turn into a money pit as i really want to finish the turbo project, that has been put on hold for abit because we are trying to get some reno's done on the house. i was thinking of a real basic build from parts i have, i could glass a basic fake tank, and seat pan adapt those honda parts and ring its neck?
    Fork conversion allballs stuff https://www.allballsracing.com/index.php/forkconversion
    bearing sizes are here 32005x 25x47x15 top
    32006jr 30x55x17mm bottom.
    Which is Std Suzuki fare.
    Honda should go in easy hondas that era were normally 30x55mm and 30mmx55mm or 26x47mm
    No idea what the fork sizes are on the gama but the cbr were arround 41mm so try that way first
    but if ya throwing away the gamma old forks i would be keen as i like the lowers.
    Its likely the same bike as i was meaning lol i couldn't even find it in expired listings.
    But what you ended up with is not what it was in the pictures on TM though,
    so it has body work,
    There are plenty of frames advertised about, Yow might even have the cut off bits of his racer.
    If not try Goodparts in Chch on Trademe, Simon pretty good and his parts are clean and tidy at reasonable prices.

i rode a Rg250 when i was 16 they were not that vicious, less vicious than an LC250 was my impression, but the RG was a bit faster, as far as i know the later RG's were detuned.
    If its got a vicious powerband the carbs will be out of wack and to rich in the midrange due to flogged out needles or needle jets.

having a second look at the frame, That bike clearly, hasn't spend that much time in Westport as it far too shiny.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Thread Information