Page 37 of 45 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast

Thread: Biden

Bike
    It was on the good
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemonLord View Post
    I like Thatchers speeches and I grew up in post-Thatcher Britain - she was certainly... strident in her views. Probably one of the reasons I like her.
    I left school in 83 or 84. I am from a mining village in Nottingham so all the buses were fitted with chicken wire at the time. Great times. Indirectly I have to thank her for the fact that I eventually ended up in NZ with a decent job and a great life. Still think she can fuck right off for the fact I had to leave my family behind to make any headway.

Since being closed down our colliery has become one of the top three dogging sites in the country so her legacy continues.

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    Quote Originally Posted by Berries View Post
    I left school in 83 or 84. I am from a mining village in Nottingham so all the buses were fitted with chicken wire at the time. Great times. Indirectly I have to thank her for the fact that I eventually ended up in NZ with a decent job and a great life. Still think she can fuck right off for the fact I had to leave my family behind to make any headway.
    That explains a few things.

See, having not lived through that, I view it from a historical view - and I think it would be uncontroversial to say that many British Industries, especially the Mining industry had major problems that started long before Thatcher.

Could they have been fixed? Maybe - maybe not.
    Did Thatcher fix the problem and save the country? In my opinion, yes.

But yes - if you are from up t'North, then considering Thatcher as worse than Satan is entirely acceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by Berries View Post
    Since being closed down our colliery has become one of the top three dogging sites in the country so her legacy continues.
    Physics; Thou art a cruel, heartless Bitch-of-a-Mistress

Bike
    Aprillia RSV1000R 92 KX500
    Blog Entries
    Beware the Ultra Maga!

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    Quote Originally Posted by sugilite View Post
    Beware the Ultra Maga!
    I was waiting for someone to reference Ultra MAGA.

The memes and the embrace by the right on it have been glorious.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemonLord View Post
    I was waiting for someone to reference Ultra MAGA.

The memes and the embrace by the right on it have been glorious.
    Let us not forget Dark Maga either! (TM madison cawthorn)

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    The Democrats: "To save our Children, we must ban Guns!"

Also The Democrats: Sexualizing Children is A-Ok.

Edit:

And before anyone tries to make the point - Drag Queens are hilarious - completely fine ADULT Entertainment.

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    https://patriotdetroit.com/columnist...consin-capitol

This sounds awfully familiar to some recent news.....
    Govt gives you nothing because it creates nothing - Javier Milei

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    I generally give Biden a lot of free passes for the Stupid shit he says - however this one - this rankled me, not just because of how absolutely moronic it is, but also because it shows his true colours. This was, in every way, a Marie Antoinette moment:

(Skip to 1:19)

"This is a Time of War... ....bring down the price that you are charging at the pump to reflect the cost that you are paying for the product"

"Sir the Peasants can't afford Petrol! What shall we do?"
    "Let them pay less!"

But in all seriousness, this comment alone explains, perhaps above all else, why the Democrats have screwed the Economy so badly. They don't understand basic Economics. They don't understand how a business operates. They are so divorced from the reality of what is means to work and own a business that they think that the Petrol Stations can just lower the price.

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Not sure why all the RockWader stuff was in Trump thread, apparently he’s not president anymore and this Biden joker is in charge....
    Anyhow a comment struck a chord today just how much everyone has been played by the media.
    The Supreme Court, Biden or the USA has NOT made abortion illegal.
    All they did was overturn a decision made 50 years ago and given the POWER back to individual STATES to decide what goes on in their backyard.
    At the recent elections we heard so much about democracy in USA, some would say a tremendous amount about democracy. About how Biden made America great again, tremendously great and free.
    We heard so much. We heard so much about how the political system was not corrupt, that elections were free and fair. There was no fraud. Everyone is so TRUSTWORTHY at state level. Biden has record 81% support or something.
    So why are people so upset about the most trustworthy uncorrupt people being able to decide abortion regulation at local level???

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by R650R View Post
    Not sure why all the RockWader stuff was in Trump thread, apparently he’s not president anymore and this Biden joker is in charge....
    Anyhow a comment struck a chord today just how much everyone has been played by the media.
    All they did was overturn a decision made 50 years ago and given the POWER back to individual STATES to decide what goes on in their backyard.
    At the recent elections we heard so much about democracy in USA, some would say a tremendous amount about democracy. About how Biden made America great again, tremendously great and free.
    We heard so much. We heard so much about how the political system was not corrupt, that elections were free and fair. There was no fraud. Everyone is so TRUSTWORTHY at state level. Biden has record 81% support or something.
    So why are people so upset about the most trustworthy uncorrupt people being able to decide abortion regulation at local level???
    All we do around these parts is comment how corrupt the US political system is.
    Despite that, trumps own boss of election security stated this was a free and fair election with no widespread fraud.
    Are you trying to pass off that the electrol workers being largely honest in most states and even the republican ones pushing back against trumps big lie somehow translates to tacit full endorsement that the states own political system are just and honest? Because that is the way I'm reading it. We all know pollies cannot help but take credit for others hard work, but if that is the line you are taking, it is you that has been played by their propaganda.
    And as for Biden ever having an approval rate of a very specific stated 81% - points towards the absurdity of your line of reasoning throughout your entire post.

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Quote Originally Posted by sugilite View Post
    All we do around these parts is comment how corrupt the US political system is.
    Despite that, trumps own boss of election security stated this was a free and fair election with no widespread fraud.
    Are you trying to pass off that the electrol workers being largely honest in most states and even the republican ones pushing back against trumps big lie somehow translates to tacit full endorsement that the states own political system are just and honest? Because that is the way I'm reading it. We all know pollies cannot help but take credit for others hard work, but if that is the line you are taking, it is you that has been played by their propaganda.
    And as for Biden ever having an approval rate of a very specific stated 81% - points towards the absurdity of your line of reasoning throughout your entire post.
    I’m trying to illustrate the absurdity of people being upset at power over a certain issue being released to be governed at a local level where it’s probably even easier to influence through normal democratic processes who is in power. Most pro choice people live in states that are pro choice and most anti abortion people prob live in Bible Belt middle states so really everyone should be mostly living a normal life once dust settles.

Bike
    It was on the good
    Re-election on the cards?

Should Biden run again?

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by R650R View Post
    You need to do some reading. All civil rights legislation has been passed into federal law. Some of the states are just not interested in womens rights, gay rights, or minority rights. If it was left up to the states there would still be seperate drinking fountains for blacks and whites in the more backward states. And some are very fucking backward.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    You need to do some reading. All civil rights legislation has been passed into federal law. Some of the states are just not interested in womens rights, gay rights, or minority rights. If it was left up to the states there would still be seperate drinking fountains for blacks and whites in the more backward states. And some are very fucking backward.
    Yes, those Democrats were fond of their Racial Segregation....

But back to the Federal Law - they haven't been passed into Federal Law, often they have been found via Judicial Activism and enforced that way.

Some of them can rightly be inferred from a pre-existing right in the Constitution, others are a little more stretched.

What should be happening is that the rights that have been 'found' should be proposed for Constitutional Amendments.

Reading the history of some of the more contentious (from an American perspective) SCOTUS rulings has been interesting - a lot of legal criticism directed at the court as acting as a de-facto 3rd legislature, without the oversight of a Public Vote... From both sides, admittedly more fervently from the Republicans when it is is seen as a 'Liberal' Court and from the Democrats when it is seen as a Conservative court.

I, myself, happen to agree that some of the rights that have been 'found' in the Constitution have a number of great leaps to link them - and that the 'proper' way to settle the debate would be to not leave them as un-enumerated, but to codify them into Constitutional Law via an Amendment.

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    Just out of interest what rights are women, gays or any minority group deprived of in any modern western society that are not already coveted by the human rights acts or any of the UN conventions etc????

Thread Information