Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: KiwiTrackDays Taupo Track Day - Friday, 22 December 2006

Bike
    justsomebike
    A splendid day all in all.

Managed to do 11.5 sessions, would have been 13 sessions if I didn't run out of brakes in the middle of the day and empty my fuel supplies in the end.

2.5 tanks of fuel and about 400kms in total. What a hoot.

Only problem I had was my brakes started to cook when I was doing consequtive sessions.

Thanks for the lift BlackBuell.

Eddy - thanks for the brake bleed bud.

HDTBoy - HUGE THANKS FOR CHANGING MY PADS FOR ME.

Bike
    Girlz bikes rule :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwifruit View Post
    sure is
    then Dover, Boomer, Leong, black zx10 dude, Black Buell, a few others i forget Boomer Boomer

hell yeah, we'll see you out there soon eh?
    You have got a mean streak in you thats for sure

You had that little baby sounding good mate

That screen is so dirty, couldn't bring yourself to give it a wee clean

Loved it though mate wish I was there

Have you got the cam situated out of the stem on a radar mount like mine?

Bike
    600RR3
    Farque, knackered after all that.

Was a really well run day put on by Steve and his crew, I'd recommend this Kiwitrackdays crowd as much as any.

Good to see new 'n old faces there.

Missed a session due to bike mishaps again, this time an oil filter spewing oil all over my tyre. Thanks to a good bugger there (Mouse), got that sorted without great stress.

Riding wise I was a bit disappointed. Sorta gone backwards since the last day out I had on the bike. Guess I'll just wait 'til I get the bike back from GP M/C, give it another crack and see how it goes.

Bike
    Tyre Shredder
    WAS FRIKKEN BRILLIANT.

Ok well after my first track day test (the suzuki gsxr day) I kinda got a bit of an itch I wanted to scratch. So i decided to get some better tyres and have another crack. My aim for the day was to do 2 mins flat. But with brakes still fecked (gonna replace the whole bloody thing) wasn't looking to promising.

But anyway tootled out on the track. First session was ok, was getting a feel for the tyres and a refresher on the track. Second session I had an awesome play with boomer (real smooth awesome riding man) and managed to hit 2 mins flat.

Third session I didn't do to well. had a moment and then things went downhill from there, but still had fun.

Bled brakes and went out for a 4th session where I really started giving it some.

Then keystone went out with me and showed me some lines and apparently I did a 1:57 or so (was going pretty good) thanks heaps jill.

Had a couple more session where I was just having a blast, can't wait for the next one.
    Lump lingered last in line for brains,
    And the ones she got were sort of rotten and insane...

Bike
    the one and only Gixer 1000

Great day

So.. to be honest i wasnt that hopefull when we arrived in taupo, thurday night after all we encountered a whole lot of sleet on the way, but like a good little boy i said my prayer before i went to bed, (just after i tea-bagged Jono" ..or was it Jill, cant quite remember,) anyhow ,the gods provided us with a great day of sunshine--

great to see familiar faces at the track, its kinda addictive this stuff trackday and all, Great battles between boomer" Dover and affman, you guys were a sight to see,
    kiwifruit definately should take his arse outta the medium group and come play with Jill and me,, (ya cant hide forever!!)
    ps the same deal applies to Boomer Dover and Aff. (allthough none of them can catch vickster)
    Black buell was on form, probably amped from his drive with jsg...
    Salo nice lines,, and the ones on the track as well.!!.
    Keystone, Well what can i say. looked at ya rear for quite some time, (it aint bad) what ya think of mine !!
    Brett almighty thanks for bringing the pit tents, saved me skin i reckon ,!!

Jas cheers for ya help on me brakes, i was fucked for a while there

untill next time folks, bring it on i say

ps kiwifruit, i must make it to your joint""" for a drink sometime--

Bike
    nun
    Just back and sort of un packed... i'm knackered!

What and awesome couple of days, set of at 4 thursday to pick Sudeep up then off to get Dover & Vic we turn up at papakura at 6;30 ( i could have been to Taupo by now )

3 in a bed again... this is becoming a bit of a habit; some drinks at chez Kiwifruits and we're off to bed, early at 2:30, feeling slightly pissed.

Steve.. what a top day mate, Smooth, hassle free AND FUN!!!!! top marks to you and the boys and girls; i'll be back! ( if you promise you don't black flag me

first session, took it slow got a feel for things, second session wanted to get my knees down again... so Dover me and Aff had a play in the medium group. couldn't get my knees down until i came onto the pitt striaght when wallop... my knees down? strange; i hadn't been trying it turns out the back let go and i managed to save it on my knee.. well theres a first. After that it was knees down all the way on all but 1 corner and i realised getting ya knees down aint just for show but actually helps gauge how far over your cranked ( or not in my case.. cheers kiwi fruit! ) and to have them scrape all the way throught the corners is an awesome feeling !

Aff, you gave it some on that bike mate, i had fun playing with you Dover, Kiwifruit ( for a lap or two ) ..some good battles.

Well the fast crew are definately something to aspire to; Eddie, Sudeep, Gav, kiwifruit & keystone .. well maybe not you Jill as i did give you the learn Nice riding guys, i loved watchin you do ya thing.

Dover, nice riding bro! i had a huge amount of fun

cheers all, i'm off to watch the video and see the pics i took and i'll be back in the morning to edit this drivle and make sure i add the shit i forgot .. ps.. Black Buel.. nice work mate; you've got some style mate!

cheers all!

:slap:

Bike
    2010 DC Skate Shoes
    Sounds like you lot had a right good time! Thanks to kiwifruit for looking after my bike, gonna want it back next time in the 'paw tho bro!

Unfortunately i only managed one lap around the block today (still no licence) but i managed a good 200m wheelie that impressed a couple of young locals!

Hope everyone is home safe and sound, no doubt reading from these few posts that everyone had a blast... how the hell did JSG get out 11.5 times?
    KiwiBitcher
    where opinion holds more weight than fact.

It's better to not pass and know that you could have than to pass and find out that you can't. Wait for the straight.

Bike
    HONDA EXPRESS
    Quote Originally Posted by GIXser View Post
    kiwifruit definately should take his arse outta the medium group and come play with Jill and me,, (ya cant hide forever!!)
    *hides*

heres the vid in higher? res, dunno how much better tis..... its 45mb, the other one is 15mb
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...82322281&hl=en

www.PhotoRecall.co.nz

Bike
    the one and only Gixer 1000
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwifruit View Post
    *hides*

heres the vid in higher? res, dunno how much better tis..... its 45mb, the other one is 15mb
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...82322281&hl=en

love the title"lapping Boomer"" hehehehe cool vid man"" (wash ya screen next time ...or get boomer ya pitbitch to do it!!)

Bike
    nun
    i'll post 'em all today sometime;

here's a taster
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_1069.JPG 
Views:	34 
Size:	745.1 KB 
ID:	48970   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_1064.JPG 
Views:	15 
Size:	620.9 KB 
ID:	48971   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_1075.JPG 
Views:	28 
Size:	763.0 KB 
ID:	48972   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_1049.JPG 
Views:	34 
Size:	650.4 KB 
ID:	48973   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0991.JPG 
Views:	29 
Size:	800.3 KB 
ID:	48974   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_1032.JPG 
Views:	28 
Size:	841.5 KB 
ID:	48975  

Bike
    Here's a couple of pics of the birthday girl and "The King"

Edit: better do me thanks list too.

boomer - for being a top cunt and giving us a lift again, looking after the missus and for being a rider that I always have a top time chasing or giving the learn

ass-man - for telling me about the big smudgies I was leaving, probably made my day.

Special Ed - for keeping the pitlane looking beautiful

Quasi - for helping me and Vic out with some gear

kiwifruit - for getting me fucked up the night before and as usual being a top host. clean yer feckin screen you skanky pez.

Fat Tony - for his last NZ Lager, it came in handy after a hard day at the track

Steve Fisher and his crew - for a fuckin awesome effort, let's hope that your venture gathers momentum and is a great success.

Doctor J "Team Motostyle Manager, mechanic, pit bitch, driver, brolly dolly, pimp, etc, etc, etc" Singh - You the man my niggra, thanks for everything. Go buy some trick fruit for your bike from this man people. He's a fuckin star.

Vicky - for keeping me warm at night

and finally me - for being such a fuckin sexy awesome rider.

Name:	Image001.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	430.1 KB 
ID:	48980   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image002.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	458.4 KB 
ID:	48981  

Bike
    1125R Sold/Yamaha Raptor700ATV /WR450
    Black Buell, you go very well for an old guy on a harley

Well what a awsome day.
    10 sessions was definatly enough for me,my weary body is telling me that today.
    Would recomend Kiwitrackdays for anyone that wants to get into &try trackdays,Steve ya did a good job.
    Kiwifruit thanks for the hospitality & laughs on thursday night,Dover & Boomer ya guys a going to be a force to be reconned with when ya turn up to a track day not hungover,but ya a good bunch of entertainment.
    Thanks Eddie for offering to take JSG down to Taupo on the 11Jan, i owe ya one wont be there,
    It was good to catch up with some other BUELLS out there & have some fun,see ya all at the next one.
    Good to meet a few more KBers that havn't met before.

Bike
    nun
    Quote Originally Posted by aff-man View Post
    WAS FRIKKEN BRILLIANT.
    TRUE!

Quote Originally Posted by aff-man View Post
    Then keystone went out with me and showed me some lines and apparently I did a 1:57 or so (was going pretty good) thanks heaps jill.
    that was funny, we all set off and on the back straight i thought i'd out brake you and Eddie.. Tui moment i used the run off and found myself cutting back onto the pitt straight via teh grassy knoll or 3; i managed to catch you all up again just in time for the last lap

i learnt some new terminology thanks to Leong.. "Sandbagging". apparantly he thought i was slow and going slow on purpose until I passed him at the end of the session

The battles Dover and i had with the shane on the black zx10 were fun, carrying the corner speed trying to over take only to have the bugger pin the throttle back on the exit was 'challenging' ... i learnt alot those couple of laps trying to pass you Shane

Thanks Everyone for an awesome couple of days, i'm aching all over now!

Bike
    nun
    pics..................

Name:	DSC_1068.JPG 
Views:	11 
Size:	685.7 KB 
ID:	48988   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_1067.JPG 
Views:	18 
Size:	655.7 KB 
ID:	48989   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_1066.JPG 
Views:	16 
Size:	679.9 KB 
ID:	48990   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_1065.JPG 
Views:	14 
Size:	721.0 KB 
ID:	48991  

Bike
    nun
    more......

Name:	DSC_1070.JPG 
Views:	9 
Size:	609.2 KB 
ID:	48992   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_1071.JPG 
Size:	731.5 KB 
ID:	48993   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_1072.JPG 
Size:	776.8 KB 
ID:	48994   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_1055.JPG 
Views:	8 
Size:	667.6 KB 
ID:	48995   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_1047.JPG 
Views:	6 
Size:	642.1 KB 
ID:	48996   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_1033.JPG 
Size:	861.3 KB 
ID:	48997  

Thread Information