Page 265 of 285 FirstFirst ... 165215255263264265266267275 ... LastLast
Results 3,961 to 3,975 of 4262

Thread: The 2017 Election Thread

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemonLord View Post
    There's a world of difference between visiting a Country and living in a Country.
    Thank you for those words of wisdom. Most people in their twenties are away for a year or three.

Without adding them up I think I must have been to maybe twenty countries, some for just a one hour refuelling stop, and that can be long enough. Others I have lived in for years. These days I can't really be bothered with the embuggerances that go with international air travel so I'm happy to stay here thanks.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    Thank you for those words of wisdom. Most people in their twenties are away for a year or three.

Without adding them up I think I must have been to maybe twenty countries, some for just a one hour refuelling stop, and that can be long enough. Others I have lived in for years. These days I can't really be bothered with the embuggerances that go with international air travel so I'm happy to stay here thanks.
    Well, it wasn't meant to be Flippant, How many of those people in their Twenties actually buy Property and Settle in an Area?

Things change when you become permanently invested in where you are.
    Physics; Thou art a cruel, heartless Bitch-of-a-Mistress

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by sidecar bob View Post
    To add some balance to that argument (and I'm not taking sides, you kids will have to sort yourselves out) there's a whole thread where a bunch of kiwis are doing the same about trump.
    To be fair, it seems Jason was born in NZ, which helps to explain his ongoing interest in the topic, unlike a lot of Trump thread posters, most of which have been too busy posting on the Internet to actually visit the USA in person.
    Jason has lived in NZ since The current PM and Opposition leaders were in diapers.
    He goes off half arsed with no evidence to support his assertions. that's why he can never back them up with evidence, same as Ocean.
    Meeting kiwibuild targets doesnt effect the rest of the world.
    What Trump does and says on a national stage effects the world, his stupid trade wars and embargos and pulling out of deals like the TPP effect the rest of the world. its that simple.
    Jason can say what ever he wants same as anyone else but he shouldn't get all prissy when hes asked to back up what he says.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    Katanasaurus Rex
    Quote Originally Posted by husaberk View Post
    .....but he shouldn't get all prissy when hes asked to back up what he says.
    Oh the fucking irony.

Bike
    husaberg
    Oh the fucking irony.

The irony is you posting something claiming other people don't post evidence.
    When you haven't presented a single piece of evidence in years
    I reminder distinctly .

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Well, it wasn't meant to be Flippant, How many of those people in their Twenties actually buy Property and Settle in an Area?

Things change when you become permanently invested in where you are.
    While that's not completely untrue, it's way too extreme, you don't actually need to be 'invested' in a place. Not every country lets foreigners buy property. Apart from which supporting yourself would be impossible if you didn't speak the local language. That doesn't mean you shouldn't visit such places. The young Kiwis who work in the UK and tour Europe and maybe parts of Asia when not working are experiencing other cultures and learning.

There is still the old thing, "travel broadens the mind", but for that to work you have to have your eyes and your mind open. Most, but as we see here, not all do.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    While that's not completely untrue, it's way too extreme, you don't actually need to be 'invested' in a place. Not every country lets foreigners buy property. Apart from which supporting yourself would be impossible if you didn't speak the local language. That doesn't mean you shouldn't visit such places. The young Kiwis who work in the UK and tour Europe and maybe parts of Asia when not working are experiencing other cultures and learning.

There is still the old thing, "travel broadens the mind", but for that to work you have to have your eyes and your mind open. Most, but as we see here, not all do.
    True True, I quite like travel, but compared to my perception of NZ from when I visited to when I moved here, it's a very different experience, I equate it more to seeing something 'warts and all'.

The part about settling was also from personal experience - I've got a couple of Friends who travel to other countries, mainly doing seasonal work for a number of Months, then onto somewhere else - their entire life fits inside of their Backpack, I'm not critiquing their life choice (It's one of their endearing features), however when you can literally grab a bag and go when things go south, it's less of a worry than having to break a rental lease, organise a moving truck, change children's schools etc. etc.

The differences in mindset and reality make for different outlooks on life.
    Physics; Thou art a cruel, heartless Bitch-of-a-Mistress

Bike
    Yo momma
    Quote Originally Posted by husaberg View Post
    The irony is you posting something claiming other people don't post evidence.
    When you haven't presented a single piece of evidence in years
    Oh the fucking irony
    Lets go Brandon

Bike
    Yo momma
    Yet another (totally avoidable) bungle bought to you by the Labour Party.
    It's almost as good as the gypsie tourists saga.
    https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/a...ectid=12266753
    Lets go Brandon

Bike
    bandit
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonu View Post
    Yet another (totally avoidable) bungle bought to you by the Labour Party.
    It's almost as good as the gypsie tourists saga.
    https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/a...ectid=12266753
    Do you understand the difference between the party and the caucus?

Your responses suggest you don't ..
    "So if you meet me, have some sympathy, have some courtesy, have some taste ..."

Bike
    Yo momma
    Quote Originally Posted by Banditbandit View Post
    Do you understand the difference between the party and the caucus?

Your responses suggest you don't ..
    Apparently their leader doesn't.
    Have you not seen that silly bint claim she knew nothing of the nature of the complaints until a few days ago?
    Lets go Brandon

Bike
    bandit
    Apparently their leader doesn't.
    Have you not seen that silly bint claim she knew nothing of the nature of the complaints until a few days ago?
    I think that clearly she does understand the difference - it is you who does not ..

The complainants were employed by the party - not by the caucus ... essentially it's an internal employment matter. There is no obvious reason why caucus and the PM should have been involved .. they are not the employers ..

It has got to caucus level because it's politically a very very bad look for the party - and that reflects badly on the whole party .. it only got to that level because of the party stuff ups ... and the complainants making it public ..

Now, I agree, the party has stuffed up - and heads needed to roll ... within the party structure. If the party had handled it properly - as they should have - this would never have reached the caucus ..
    "So if you meet me, have some sympathy, have some courtesy, have some taste ..."

Bike
    husaberg
    Oh the fucking irony
    Okay then Jason show some examples where i have presented something without there being or without having the facts to back it up?
    #hint they might be those graphs pictures and information you refuse to read.
    If its true that i do, it wont be hard for you to produce the evidence then. Now will it. Unless of course you are a bit confused again.
    I reminder distinctly .

Bike
    KTM 890 Adventure
    I've got a couple of Friends who travel to other countries, mainly doing seasonal work for a number of Months, then onto somewhere else - their entire life fits inside of their Backpack, I'm not critiquing their life choice (It's one of their endearing features), however when you can literally grab a bag and go when things go south, it's less of a worry than having to break a rental lease, organise a moving truck, change children's schools etc. etc.

The differences in mindset and reality make for different outlooks on life.
    Yeah but that's not the typical Kiwi OE. That involves basically dumping yourself in London/Paris/Edinborough/LA and attempting not to sink without trace for a couple of years. It's enough to thoroughly integrate, and in my experience it does make a lot of Kiwis with that experience significantly less xenophobic, more open minded.

Which is why I get annoyed at our sometimes less than gracious acceptance of foreign OE visitors here.
    Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon

Bike
    motocompo
    You don't seem to quite understand where you live.
    I know & understand exactly where I live, so don't even go there.

Thread Information