Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: New chick, very keen to ride!

Bike
    S1000RR
    Did anybody get lucky with her yet? 8 pages and still no fuck?

If you can make it on Kiwibiker you can make it anywhere.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by oneblackflag View Post
    We'll probably need pic's to suggest the right bike for you
    Quote Originally Posted by FJRider View Post
    Whatever you can afford ... and live with. Learning to ride ... everything is new. You won't know what you want ... or need.

Sort out what YOUR budget is ... and let us know. Our collective (small) minds will dictate what YOU require, thank us later ....
    Clothes optional ....
    FJ.... I want my BLING back

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by GrayWolf View Post
    You know Tazz,
    you seem hell bent on misquoting, twisting or simply transposing what is said to suit your own argument. No one has said that just paying $300 is an automatic good buy, and I believe the OP doesnt need this type of torpedoing of information.
    The advice has been to get knowledgeable help, Drew has in one post given her more help than your 'missile firing' at Triumph girl.
    She is NEW (OP), so S/hand lids is not really on her agenda unitill she has experience, surely? A good one like an LS2 is a reasonable start. Yes some cheap helmets DO rate better than expensive ones in the SHARP testing. But there is comfort, shell size, how the inner is constructed, long oval, round, more 'square' etc. No point buying ill fitting, noisy or one that may score well, but is cheap n cheerful in its fittings and fixtures?
    Harden up!

Not everyone new to the apparently complicated task of buying a helmet is an idiot, but if they want to buy a half stoved in helmet secondhand like you would have as a noob by what you're saying, good luck to them, otherwise there is nothing wrong with buying someones unwanted, new and not fitting helmet secondhand.
    More and more are bought in from Revzilla and the like where you lose more sending it back than you do flicking it on for a loss locally.

Talk about cotton wool wrapping...and yet you all complain about it.

And yes, Drew summed up what I was trying to say a lot better than I did. I quoted something before with the sharp rating which alluded to that.

Bottom line - Just buying from a store doesn't get you something awesome. Spending a decent amount of money doesn't always get you something decent. Not all secondhand helmets are actually secondhand in the sense you think.

Quote Originally Posted by EJK View Post
    Did anybody get lucky with her yet? 8 pages and still no fuck?
    I think I got an offer to go fisting, or for some fisting, or to fist myself. I only have small girlish hands, so either way it could be worse. Upside I might find some lost car keys or forgotten chicken wing. I'll let you know. Giggidy.

Bike
    2005 FZS1000 "Tasha"

1. What is "Taken in balance" ... ??? Is that ... looking at the "Big picture".........................................

2. She lives in New Zealand ... how hard could it be to track her down. BUT ... Considering the evil reasons suggested/stated by some in THIS thread .. as to why male members reply to these Biker Angel threads ... any attempt by me to do such ... may be misinterpreted.
    1- nah just 'on the one hand this, on the other hand that' sorta thingy

2 - to stop you digging yourself in deeper i'm letting you off on this one
    ... ...

Grass wedges its way between the closest blocks of marble and it brings them down. This power of feeble life which can creep in anywhere is greater than that of the mighty behind their cannons....... - Honore de Balzac

Bike
    S1000RR
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazz View Post
    I think I got an offer to go fisting, or for some fisting, or to fist myself. I only have small girlish hands, so either way it could be worse. Upside I might find some lost car keys or forgotten chicken wing. I'll let you know. Giggidy.
    Fist to the face you mean?

If you can make it on Kiwibiker you can make it anywhere.

Hey, welcome to the world of motorbikes!
    I did my basic handling in Hamilton but I'm sure that there will be similar organisations in Auckland where you can do the test on THEIR bikes.
    I only brought a helmet and wore generally sturdy clothes (jeans, sneakers, jacket and bicycle gloves) to the test.
    Doing the test made me realize that the GN125/GN250 bikes that the riding school provided were waay to tame for what I wanted in a bike.
    Once I had my learners license I took my time to test ride a range of bikes and pick up cheap bike gear along the way until I found what I wanted.

A helmet is obviously key so are gloves and a jacket, bike shops will often give you a deal on pants when you get jacket and gloves, if not jeans will do if you are sticking to 50k zones.
    If you have sturdy leather boots they may be suitable, but proper boots generally provide more support against ankle injuries - also think about how fast you will be going here.
    If you want to go for rides in the countryside I would get all the gear.

I bought a Suzuki GSX250 Invader which after three months is already starting to feel a bit tame (riding a MV Agusta F4 1000R kinda broke me) so definitely go for a bike that's a bit more powerful than you feel comfortable on when you are test riding.

Have fun out there!

Bike
    less than I used to have
    Quote Originally Posted by tjl888 View Post
    definitely go for a bike that's a bit more powerful than you feel comfortable on when you are test riding.

Have fun out there!

...thats some sound advice...

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Quote Originally Posted by ellipsis View Post
    ...thats some sound advice...
    Makes some sense though. Most people think a GN is great for a month, then want some more power.

Bike
    2006 Honda Hornet
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    Makes some sense though. Most people think a GN is great for a month, then want some more power.
    Depends if they survive that long on a more powerful bike. Advice only works for some people

Bike
    '09 Bandit 1250s

But from a scooter, a GN250 is plenty. I've known people to go right through til full license on a GN250.

Power means very little to a complete new comer. Making presumptions here, she won't be speeding, she will be a slow cautious rider afraid of crashing, she won't get a GN250 to full speed ever, she won't go full throttle for at least a month, if not longer, and even then, it will be a rush for her.

The important thing is to get out there on a bike, see if she enjoys it, and don't spend too much money unnecessarily.

Bike
    less than I used to have

...I would prefer my daughter to have fun, learn and think about whats happening around them than embark on some quest for power or speed before they know how to just ride safely and have fun...

Bike
    Custom Ag100
    Quote Originally Posted by ellipsis View Post
    ...I would prefer my daughter to have fun, learn and think about whats happening around them than embark on some quest for power or speed before they know how to just ride safely and have fun...
    The OP is your daughter?

Better not nail her then EJK
    "Sorry Officer, umm.... my yellow power band got stuck wide open"

Bike
    98 Bandit 1200

Thumbs up best advise

Quote Originally Posted by 2kays View Post
    Hi all, am finally about to book in for my Basic handling test and get the ball moving
    Any ideas on what bike?? Gear?? for a beginner. Would be much appreciated.

CHEERS
    best advise I can give you - don't take advise off this site

There are so many on here who think they know everything, others have a go at knowing everything
    I have seen the worst advise and best advise on here and unless you know the difference - I would dump the whole lot, join a local scene and get some advice from a bike shop or family - but not here
    Live long and prosper ……………… or ride a motorbike

Bike
    bandit
    Quote Originally Posted by 2kays View Post
    Ha all of the above!! But i really want to commute from home (west auckland) to uni (northshore) and wherever else the roads may take me
    All the roads from Auckland lead to Invergiggle - if you so choose ...
    "So if you meet me, have some sympathy, have some courtesy, have some taste ..."

Bike
    less than I used to have
    Quote Originally Posted by BigAl View Post
    The OP is your daughter?

Better not nail her then EJK

...no, but she is somebodies daughter I would expect...

Thread Information