Thread: Kawasaki ninja 250r vs Hyosung gt250r

Bike
    '14 Multistrada 1200S
    yeah 2-stroke if you want real speed from a 250

I'd just go for the one with the USD's - it must be better
    F M S

Bike
    04 ZX10R 98 ZX9R #10
    or a rf900 running on one........ If you loop it does it count as USD forks? Even if it is for a few seconds?

Nearly all men can stand adversity and hard time, but if you want to test a mans true character, give him power....
    YouTube Videos
    MY PICTURES

Best place to stay in Hawkes Bay here

Bike
    VFR400, ZX9R, GSXR750, ZXR750, TRX850
    Quote Originally Posted by renegade master View Post
    not all riders on 250s are learners. Poor people like speed too you know.
    Many 400 and 600cc 2nd hand bikes are cheaper than the 250s at the moment though, I'd prefer an older 400 than a newer 250... If I was poor, lol, and had my full.

Bike
    Gn125
    Whats the Ninja like at over 100k's? I had a fleeting thought about trading my GT250R in for one, but if its got no top end speed, then I'll just bide my time.
    While you sit there liking things just cos' everyone else does, I'll be standing up here keeping it real.

Bike
    04 ZX10R 98 ZX9R #10
    I doubt the ninja will be good for anything much more than 160 and it might take a while to get there......

Nearly all men can stand adversity and hard time, but if you want to test a mans true character, give him power....
    YouTube Videos
    MY PICTURES

Best place to stay in Hawkes Bay here

Bike
    Gn125
    I didn't mean flat out top speed. I was wondering if it'll cruise nicely at 130kms for example
    While you sit there liking things just cos' everyone else does, I'll be standing up here keeping it real.

i'd prefer a good cbr or zxr250 - tops out at 200km/hr.
    Then I could get a Kb Tshirt, move to Timaru and become a full time crossdressing faggot

Bike
    F-18,Ginny and #66
    Blog Entries
    Hyosung is the better of the two. I'll stick to the hyo for my 250. when I get full - ninja 600 all the way !
    Don't Ride Faster Than Your Guardian Angel Can Fly !!!

Hey Alan, Alan, Alan....

Bike
    1989 Honda CBR250R
    Quote Originally Posted by renegade master View Post
    i'd prefer a good cbr or zxr250 - tops out at 200km/hr.
    You've been riding for quite some time I assume, does this mean to say you would settle for a nice ZXR250 as your "big bike"?

I rode a ZXR the other day and was surprised by the extra acceleration, revs, and top speed each gear had compared to my GPX. The heads down bums up position with my head right in the windscreen staring right at the ground and my arse touching the rear seat was very fun for a short blast until I got off and was sore as fuck all over but it was well worth the smile it put on my face. The bike even had enough go that when I accidentally let go of the last 1/4 of the clutch on a takeoff the front came up a little bit.

Ohh PS. GPX corners far easier than ZXR, the ZXR is heavy dropping into a corner and heavy to pull back up, and the lower handlebars don't help that at all. GPX drops in and then pulls back up like lifting a feather and doesn't require as sharp a turn and as much speed reduction.

I personally don't think I'd be satisfied with a ZXR250 as my final bike, even though it does have enough power to keep surprising me, and has the size to suit my 6'0 frame, I think when my time comes I'd rather live with a 600cc without trying to reach it's limits & just relax my right wrist a little

Bike
    Gone
    The problem with 250s is that you have to absolutely thrash the fuck out of it to get the performance. Like if I want to overtake a car for e.g. Drop two gears, grab it by the balls and rev the tits off it. Feels like you're killing it

Bike
    81 katana 650 fighter.
    Blog Entries
    screwed up duplicate post ignore meeee.

Bike
    81 katana 650 fighter.
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by delusionz View Post
    You've been riding for quite some time I assume, does this mean to say you would settle for a nice ZXR250 as your "big bike"?

I rode a ZXR the other day and was surprised by the extra acceleration, revs, and top speed each gear had compared to my GPX. The heads down bums up position with my head right in the windscreen staring right at the ground and my arse touching the rear seat was very fun for a short blast until I got off and was sore as fuck all over but it was well worth the smile it put on my face. The bike even had enough go that when I accidentally let go of the last 1/4 of the clutch on a takeoff the front came up a little bit.

Ohh PS. GPX corners far easier than ZXR, the ZXR is heavy dropping into a corner and heavy to pull back up, and the lower handlebars don't help that at all. GPX drops in and then pulls back up like lifting a feather and doesn't require as sharp a turn and as much speed reduction.

I personally don't think I'd be satisfied with a ZXR250 as my final bike, even though it does have enough power to keep surprising me, and has the size to suit my 6'0 frame, I think when my time comes I'd rather live with a 600cc without trying to reach it's limits & just relax my right wrist a little

did ya ride my old one?

the suspensions set up a bit funny on that one, ah well at least sams got her going again.... learnt most of my riding on that exact bike (if u rode sams one)

it all depends how u have the suspension set...

you can flick it around very easily....i admit you do have to countersteer them etc alot more than a gpx 250....which is why i reccomend people i know to go zxr.... because it's closer ridingwise to a bigger cc sportsbike such as a zx10r.....in saying that though the zx10r was no feather to throw around...certainly aint a 250....

but fuck me thous r fun ...

250's are kiddie toys.

i'd be on a thou if i had the dosh....and a license.

once you have ridden NZ's fastest n/a tuned zx10r...hopping back on the zxr250 is kinda like....

am i moving....??? when does it take off....

i'm bored.....

where as the zx10r is like bwa ehhhh MONO bwaehhh MONO bwaehhh shortshift....ooo XXXkph (holy shit look on face)....then it keeps going like bwaeehhhhh bwaaah bwahhhh rararrarara aaaa rararararara like a jack russell fucking terrior

they r evil spiteful, and will not hesitate to put you 6 feet under they are so dangerous and should be banned

all reasons why i want one sooooo bad

Bike
    1989 Honda CBR250R
    I hope you don't go trying to find the limits of a litre bike, Regardless of what some people may say, you're actually more useful alive than dead.

Bike
    81 katana 650 fighter.
    Blog Entries
    I hope you don't go trying to find the limits of a litre bike, Regardless of what some people may say, you're actually more useful alive than dead.

lol why ya say that.

and err yer if i go spend 15-17k on a 06-07 zx10r i aint gunna be pushing it dude.

not for the first little while anyways.

my mates one put the shits up me enough.

that thing is just plain nuts man...i rode his 2 previous stock ones.

then you jump on this one...different animal man.

once u ride a thou mikey....ull hate 250's as much as i do.

i mean i love my 250 to bits it's my baby...

but it's a mere toy.

my mates zx10r will run 9 second quarters.

on one wheel.....at 240 over the line....in 4th gear....

i'm sorry but thats 2 quick even for me.

i got it to 240 then ran out of closed private road.

and i hadnt even given it shit at all.

it's called hang on and pray...i mean yer i could just buy one n go slow.

but whats the fun in that

my last bike was a gpz 1000
    Then I could get a Kb Tshirt, move to Timaru and become a full time crossdressing faggot

Thread Information