Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Rev-It gear 100% waterproof - my arse!

Bike
    ET-05 ZX6RR,08 ZX10-R A Green One
    Revit's good shit but not cheap...like mentioned earlier you get what you pay for...Brilliant right through winter and without the insulation and w/proof liner are cool as in summer with all the vents..
    Doesn't take too well to skidding on the tarmac though as i found out...
    Cant beat good leathers if you want protection though...
    Quote Originally Posted by peasea View Post
    It could be argued that to put anyone on a ZX10 is "just stupid".

CNC Machining,Precision Engineering,Thermal Coatings/Metalization,
    Msg me....

Bike
    TE 250
    Rev it gear is talked up a bit too much. I bought a set of gloves for 240! Holy fuck!(rooting in a nunery)
    But they crashed well so its all good
    TMF

Bike
    that one in my sig
    Quote Originally Posted by westie View Post
    Rev it gear is talked up a bit too much. I bought a set of gloves for 240! Holy fuck!(rooting in a nunery)
    But they crashed well so its all good
    Compared to Sidi, Spidi, Alpinestars, etc I don't think it is talked up enough. It's easily as good if not better gear than all the other major brands.

Crashed in my Rev'IT gloves. Knuckles ground off and I didn't even know my hands had hit the ground. I'll probably buy another set.

Bike
    1989 Honda CBR250R
    Yeah I have both rev-it jacket and pants, both work very well, have to be in a big down pour or in the light rain for a long time to start getting wet

as said above make sure you test the pants before like sit on your bike, as some like to grab your manhood and slam it back up to the primary school days :S

Bike
    2007 ZX-14
    Oh well, after this morning's performance (light rain all the way in) it looks like I need to go back to the shop - still leaked big time even though I had the "waterproof" layer in!

Matt
    Better to keep quiet and have people think you're stupid than open your mouth and prove it!

Bike
    2001 RC46
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by westie View Post
    Rev it gear is talked up a bit too much. I bought a set of gloves for 240!
    That's cheaper than the Spidi gloves I bought.
    Generally, you get what you pay for. The two pairs of cheap gloves I've bought both fell apart, and one was very uncomfortable. I was actually glad when they died, so I could replace them. OTOH, I'm always sad when good gear wears out.
    ... and that's what I think.

Or summat.

Or maybe not...

Dunno really....

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Oh well, after this morning's performance (light rain all the way in) it looks like I need to go back to the shop - still leaked big time even though I had the "waterproof" layer in!

Matt
    Buy a $15 raincoat. Wear it under your "waterproof" Cordura. Problem solved.
    If a man is alone in the woods and there isn't a woke Hollywood around to call him racist, is he still white?

Bike
    Royal Enfield 650 & a V8 or two..
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim2 View Post
    Buy a $15 raincoat. Wear it under your "waterproof" Cordura. Problem solved.
    Warehouse parka and leggings, problem solved

(But don't get the plastic/vynil ones)
    Winding up drongos, foil hat wearers and over sensitive KBers for over 14,000 posts...........
    " Life is not a rehearsal, it's as happy or miserable as you want to make it"

Bike
    2007 ZX-14
    Great - the dealer has to send it back to the suppliers, which mean I'm without a waterproof jacket for a week - shame I can't just get my money back (even though I only bought it last month) and buy something that works!!!
    Better to keep quiet and have people think you're stupid than open your mouth and prove it!

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Great - the dealer has to send it back to the suppliers, which mean I'm without a waterproof jacket for a week - shame I can't just get my money back (even though I only bought it last month) and buy something that works!!!
    You can. You control what happens, not the dealer. Consumer Guarantees Act states if it isn't fit for purpose you can request a full refund.
    If a man is alone in the woods and there isn't a woke Hollywood around to call him racist, is he still white?

Bike
    2007 ZX-14
    You can. You control what happens, not the dealer. Consumer Guarantees Act states if it isn't fit for purpose you can request a full refund.
    Guess it depends upon whether it's classed as a "major" problem or not??

"Point of Law
    The Consumer Guarantees Act says any goods you buy must be of acceptable quality. If a major fault develops then you have the right to reject the goods and be given a replacement or get your money back. The choice is yours.

You can also reject goods if the problem is minor but the retailer must have been given the chance to put things right and has refused or is unable to do so."

Matt

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    It leaks. It is supposed to be waterproof. They aren't going to fix that by sending it away. You are within your rights to request a refund. I'm fairly certain the intent of the CGA isn't to leave you without a jacket.

Bike
    2006 Suzuki GSX-R750 K6
    Haven't read all of this thread.... but, FWIW, the missus has an Alpinestars sigma jacket, and it IS waterproof. They retail for $600.00
    Member, sem fiddy appreciation society

Quote Originally Posted by PrincessBandit View Post
    I find it ironic that the incredibly rude personal comments about Les were made by someone bearing an astonishing resemblance to a Monica Lewinsky dress accessory.

Quote Originally Posted by PrincessBandit View Post
    All was good until I realised that having 105kg of man sliding into my rear was a tad uncomfortable after a while

Bike
    TE 250
    Quote Originally Posted by vifferman View Post
    That's cheaper than the Spidi gloves I bought.
    Generally, you get what you pay for. The two pairs of cheap gloves I've bought both fell apart, and one was very uncomfortable. I was actually glad when they died, so I could replace them. OTOH, I'm always sad when good gear wears out.
    Mmmm spidi.

Well after two crashes.... ah three actually! The revit gloves have held together well. There are minimal wear on the palms.(cos I take them off at night) But the plastic knuckle guards saved my hands big time yesterday.

Yep I'm reasonably impressed. Might not be water proof but I dont have stumps for hands either(luckily, cos my sex life would never be the same
    TMF

Bike
    2016 Africa Twin DCT & 2015 Indian Chief
    It leaks. It is supposed to be waterproof. They aren't going to fix that by sending it away. You are within your rights to request a refund. I'm fairly certain the intent of the CGA isn't to leave you without a jacket.
    Quite agree, but we're talking about Wellington Motorcycles here (I guess?) - and generally they just don't seem to give a XXXX for the customer. I have developed an allergy to giving them money!

Thread Information