Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vegetation

Bike
    I Ride No More

Vegetation

I see that NZTA has posted an article on Stuff this morning:

https://www.stuff.co.nz/the-press/ne...and-look--nzta

Perhaps they could also explain why some city councils persist with the habit of planting out large roundabouts with bushy plants, so that you can't easily see what vehicles are sitting opposite, or are coming around the roundabout to meet you.

Bike
    none yet
    Even in a car I find vegetation in the median island to your right when you approach an intersection or roundabout difficult. You need to creep right out to see anything.

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk
    Made you look

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Depends on the intersection, I recall this one is foking dangerous and you say a prayer every time going into it, decreasing visibility will only make that worse for some vehicles and they're not all built the same.

I do a thing when coming to stop signs where I don't even look left and right until I'm stopped, use it to resist the temptation of treating them like a give way and wanting to roll through it. That is unless its in Quebec where my wife is from and all intersections are 4 way stops, they eat a bag of dicks so I roll through them.

Bike
    Street Triple R
    Personally I think they should take out all the plants and replant them with community vegetable gardens to feed poor people. Said poor people can tend the crops and the slow or stupid ones (who should not be breeding) can get cleaned up on the way to and from their garden shifts. There is no lead in petrol anymore so no drama with exhaust fumes. Truly entrepreneurial poor people will set up roadside stalls to sell the produce to the better off navigating the roundabouts.

I'm not seeing a downside here.
    I thought elections were decided by angry posts on social media. - F5 Dave

Bike
    none yet
    I don't think forcing "poor people" to go and tend to crops on roadsides next to busy intersections is the smartest or most ethical plan.

Made you look

Bike
    Street Triple R + Yamaha R3
    One thing that I've often said is that I'd like to see more fruit trees planted in parks and community spaces. There's nothing quite like eating fruit straight off of the tree.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Bike
    It was on the good
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryDorsetCase View Post
    Personally I think they should take out all the plants and replant them with community vegetable gardens to feed poor people. Said poor people can tend the crops and the slow or stupid ones (who should not be breeding) can get cleaned up on the way to and from their garden shifts. There is no lead in petrol anymore so no drama with exhaust fumes. Truly entrepreneurial poor people will set up roadside stalls to sell the produce to the better off navigating the roundabouts.

I'm not seeing a downside here.
    I hope you don’t mind but I might run with that one and pass it up the chain. I can already see a funding stream. If we can somehow show an indigenous link we’ll be quids in.

Bike
    GSXR1000
    Quote Originally Posted by Viking01 View Post

Perhaps they could also explain why some city councils persist with the habit of planting out large roundabouts with bushy plants, so that you can't easily see what vehicles are sitting opposite, or are coming around the roundabout to meet you.
    I thought it was common knowledge it was done to slow traffic approaching roundabouts and intersections.
    Last edited by onearmedbandit; 7th October 2020 at 18:45.

Bike
    CB919, 1090R, R1200GSA
    Blog Entries
    At the same time, let's talk about the low level signage on the approaches that wreck your sight lines. Somehow they put the signs exactly where you're sitting, and you can't see the roundabout properly...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jane Omorogbe from UK MSN on the KTM990SM
    It's barking mad and if it doesn't turn you into a complete loon within half an hour of cocking a leg over the lofty 875mm seat height, I'll eat my Arai.

Bike
    R100GSPD
    Quote Originally Posted by Gremlin View Post
    At the same time, let's talk about the low level signage on the approaches that wreck your sight lines. Somehow they put the signs exactly where you're sitting, and you can't see the roundabout properly...
    bloody election hoardings block the sightlines of the busy intersection near work

Bike
    Quiet plodder
    Quote Originally Posted by Viking01 View Post

I used to work near one roundabout, it was constantly being passed Over - someone was obviously listening to their GPS instructions to pass over/through the roundabout......

it has been removed

at another roundabout they had pedestrian waiting areas and steel protection hoops, they only lasted till each weekend and were constantly wrecked, after a few months they were removed.

put tvs with bad driving on the roundabout, someone may notice......

READ AND UDESTAND

Bike
    Quiet plodder
    Quote Originally Posted by Gremlin View Post
    Somehow they put the signs exactly where you're sitting..
    tricky and quite possibly painful, eh.

READ AND UDESTAND

Bike
    Quiet plodder
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWST? View Post
    bloody election hoardings block the sightlines of the busy intersection near work
    Why is there an election going on?

true though.

READ AND UDESTAND

Bike
    Quiet plodder
    Quote Originally Posted by onearmedbandit View Post
    I thought it was common knowledge it was done to slow traffic approaching roundabouts and intersections.
    If you wanted to do that, you would get something interesting to look at like mud or jelly wrestling.

alternatively some good looking gardeners

READ AND UDESTAND

Bike
    Quiet plodder
    Quote Originally Posted by 2fst4u View Post
    Even in a car I find vegetation in the median island to your right when you approach an intersection or roundabout difficult. You need to creep right out to see anything.

Creeper = vegetation, trying to blend in are we?

READ AND UDESTAND

Thread Information