Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: OMG RIP here we go again etc

Bike
    suzuki

Bike
    S1000RR
    They must'd been riding under pressure.

If you can make it on Kiwibiker you can make it anywhere.

Bike
    A
    Sad for those affected, but in media terms it's just another example of "if it bleeds, it leads" unfortunately

Bike
    W650 sidecar & HD Fat Bob
    Bloody sad for anyone involved.

Personally the ridiculously high rego isn't helping us, people parking up their bikes for 6 months is not the answer. We need really low cost rego to get more motorcyclists on our roads. the more there are the more car drivers will become accustomed to seeing them.

The 60s and early 70s saw most kids cycling to school, the roads were full of kids on bikes, we as car drivers were much more aware of their presence on our roads.
    Just my thought for today.

Bike
    2002, Kawasaki KDX 200
    Quote Originally Posted by old slider View Post

Personally the ridiculously high rego isn't helping us, people parking up their bikes for 6 months is not the answer. We need really low cost rego to get more motorcyclists on our roads. the more there are the more car drivers will become accustomed to seeing them.

The 60s and early 70s saw most kids cycling to school, the roads were full of kids on bikes, we as car drivers were much more aware of their presence on our roads.

There will be a lot more deaths and injuries, most motorcycle accidents the motorcyclist is at fault, often they are the only vehicle involved too.

I would like ACC component just collected completely via tax, ie income and company, but that is a seperate issue here.

Bike
    1976 Honda GL1000, plus implements
    Thoughtful thoughts, thanks
    High miles, engine knock, rusty chrome, worn pegs...
    Brakes as new

Bike
    Yo momma
    Quote Originally Posted by Hads View Post
    most motorcycle accidents the motorcyclist is at fault.
    Do you have actual facts to back this up?

Bike
    Honda vfr 750 fn 1992 x2 90red
    Blog Entries

I have to agree the old Mot Bike cops always got notiched on the roads . didnt they ;-)

Cars are alot quicker know so the reactions and skills have to go up as well.

Bike
    1972 Norton Commando
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonu View Post
    Do you have actual facts to back this up?
    Here is the Ministry of Transports report for 2016.

http://www.transport.govt.nz/researc...clecrashfacts/
    DeMyer's Laws - an argument that consists primarily of rambling quotes isn't worth bothering with.

Bike
    A
    Quote Originally Posted by Voltaire View Post
    Here is the Ministry of Transports report for 2016.

http://www.transport.govt.nz/researc...clecrashfacts/
    Thanks, backs up what I see on the roads day to day, unfortunately

Bike
    I Ride No More
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    It would be real easy to reduce the cost of reg for motorcycles with no loss to ACC simply by putting it up for all those with a history of being at fault but I am the only one on here that wants that that sadly. The article said nothing about how many of the 3 crashes were the fault of the motorcyclist and all the riding schooling in the world is not going to help avoid a "not at fault" crash due to the motorcyclist having no control of the speed and distance of the other person who screws up.

As for being able to be seen better maybe we all need to buy a bike like a Goldwing, Harley or Indian tourer with their huge fairings. Auxillary headlights that are crashbar mounted like on a BMW 1200 GS could be worthwhile getting as I have seen a few bikes with them and they do look to have better visibility.

One thing the article did not touch on was how many guys are having mid life crisises each year because if there was a pill you could take instead of buying a bike for a mid life crisis there would definitly be fewer rider deaths each year. So to sum up there is not a single solution to the number of motorcycle deaths other than giving up riding.

NURSE, NURSE, she's out unsupervised again !

Bike
    R100GSPD
    Quote Originally Posted by caspernz View Post
    Thanks, backs up what I see on the roads day to day, unfortunately
    absolute bullshit statistics.No where in that data(unlees i am blind) does it relate those figures with the actual number of motorcycles on the road.And those figures I am guessing are seriously flawed because of the possible huge numbers of motorcyclists that are travelling on unregistered and therefore invisible to TPTB.They dont say that the numbers of accidents are related to the total number of motorcycles on the road which as we know has had large swings in the intervals between the 70 and 80s and now.

Bike
    TF125
    Is it the first week of December already or are there not many newsworthy affairs currently?

Bike
    1972 Norton Commando
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    According to the statistics posted 37% of crashes are not the fault of the rider. It would be interested to know how many of the at fault crashes by riders are as a result of having a mid life crises as often in the media reports having a MLC can see you crash as MLC riders feel they can return to having the same ability they had when they gave up 20 - 30 years ago.
    Are your sure that MLC does not stand for Morons Like Cassina?

" I was reading a thread on KB when suddenly a MLC arrived and it all went downhill"
    DeMyer's Laws - an argument that consists primarily of rambling quotes isn't worth bothering with.

Bike
    A
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWST? View Post
    absolute bullshit statistics.No where in that data(unlees i am blind) does it relate those figures with the actual number of motorcycles on the road.And those figures I am guessing are seriously flawed because of the possible huge numbers of motorcyclists that are travelling on unregistered and therefore invisible to TPTB.They dont say that the numbers of accidents are related to the total number of motorcycles on the road which as we know has had large swings in the intervals between the 70 and 80s and now.
    The number of bikes registered has no bearing in this context though. It's merely looking at accidents, when you're involved in an accident whilst riding a motorcycle it's not relevant whether said bike is registered or not? So in that sense, the percentages apply, which corresponds with motorcyclist behaviour which I see day to day.

As a biker myself, I don't like the stats, but what's published doesn't surprise me one bit. Unfortunately

Thread Information