Page 212 of 215 FirstFirst ... 112162202210211212213214 ... LastLast
Results 3,166 to 3,180 of 3221

Thread: The DR650 thread

Bike
    xt660r
    Quote Originally Posted by R650R View Post
    I wouldn't thought cush rubbers would be vibe source, once under load you'd think any movement would cease, just snatchy ness when on off power....

Tried clutching in and killing engine to eliminate that source??? or coast in neutral etc.....
    Check for broken engine mount/suspension bolts etc....skidplate....

good luck....

I'd agree with this to start with anyway, every now and then my xt660r starts to feel like i'm riding a bucket of rocks, and even seems like it doesn't want to rev out properly.
    so far its just been the fact that one of the engine mount bolts has loosened a tiny bit.

after a good go-around of checking everything its back to smooth again

part of the problem seems to be that the bolts supplied with aftermarket engine bars, are not the same spec as the OEM ones, so using OEM torque settings gives the wrong amount of tension/stretch in the bolts.

either way it's an easy thing to check and rule out etc.

Edit: and yes the skid plate, mine amplifies every little noise and makes normal things sound awful!

Bike
    2014 R1200 GS, 2007 DR 650
    Thanks guys. The cush drive is there, at least in part, to dampen engine power pulses which big singles are notorious for and so I figured the rubbers might be due for a change. They do have a finite life I believe.
    If you want to see the pulse effect, just look at the rear wheel track in damp sand. You can see every power stroke when a bit of gas has been applied. It's the main reason that thumpers are so hard on rear tyres. I used to get about 2000 km out of a Dunlop 606 - 2 rear tyres per oil change.
    Anyway, next time I have the tank off, I shall have a good look around.
    Just at the moment, I am focussed on getting the other bike crated up for a couple of months in the US of A and Canada. That's if we can get compulsory insurance since the only supplier to foreign nationals recently pulled out of the field citing changes in the European privacy laws.

If it happens, the Beemer will spend about 5 weeks on the water each way and so the DR could well get some much needed attention.
    I may not be as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I always was.

Bike
    2014 R1200 GS, 2007 DR 650
    Quote Originally Posted by Brainflex View Post
    I can't help with the DR issue but I can say welcome to Whakatane and if you want to meet up for a ride then let me know.
    Thanks for the offer - may well just do that.
    I may not be as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I always was.

Bike
    Husqvarna 701E - WR250F - Can Am 500

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Bass View Post
    Just at the moment, I am focussed on getting the other bike crated up for a couple of months in the US of A and Canada. That's if we can get compulsory insurance since the only supplier to foreign nationals recently pulled out of the field citing changes in the European privacy laws.

If it happens, the Beemer will spend about 5 weeks on the water each way and so the DR could well get some much needed attention.
    Just working through the same issue at the moment, but our bikes are already on the way and due to arrive in about 10 days. From what I have read on FB this issue is effecting quite a few people
    from lots of different countries who were trying to travel in the US.
    Here for a good time, not necessarily a long time

Bike
    Suzuki DR650RSE

Pre 96 Dr650

Hi All
    Im putting a 94DR650RSE back on the road.
    It passed WOF yesterday
    Are there any other pre 96 bikes in Chch?
    Cheers Martin

Bike
    GSX-S1000GT/DR 650
    Hi All

I'm looking for a bash plate for my DR. I've found an Acerbis one on Amazon for some $170 delivered though I was wondering if anyone has any other suggestions. What's the official Suzuki item like or do people recommend something different?

Bike
    FransAlp 700
    The Suzuki one doesn't protect the sides of the cases/oil filter cover.
    It does protect the underside nicely. It does need a longer engine bolt (that comes with it) to mount it though.

Bike
    Very Modded DR650
    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Boy View Post
    Hi All

I'm looking for a bash plate for my DR. I've found an Acerbis one on Amazon for some $170 delivered though I was wondering if anyone has any other suggestions. What's the official Suzuki item like or do people recommend something different?
    NZ made DR650 bashplate

https://www.adventureridingnz.co.nz/...650-bashplate/
    www.AdventureRidingNZ.co.nz NZ's dedicated Adventure Riding Community
    Forums, free GPS track downloads and much more. Now over 5700 members, are you one of them?

Bike
    GSX-S1000GT/DR 650
    Thanks. I'll take a look.

Bike
    2011 DR650SE

Start troubles....

Hi all,
    posted this at the DR650 Oz Thread, but here goes in case someone might have the answer...

My 2011 DR (GSXR exhaust, opened up airbox, drilled slide, Dynojet needle on 3rd slot, 155 Main Jet) has been sitting in the garage for quite some time. I have always been able to get it going and I am very experienced in the carby....at least so I believed.
    It has progressively been getting harder to start (it sits in the garage for long periods of time), and last weekend I replaced the float O rings and needle. Got it running last Sunday and I thought I'd fixed it only to find it wouldn't start again....just spent the whole of Saturday and I've achieved bugger all.
    Spark is good, battery is good, fuel flow is good; but it will not go. After extensive cranking it lets out an occasional bang but it just will not run.

I am getting to the point of pulling the carb out to take it to a shop, perhaps they might be able to tell me WTF is wrong with it.
    I don't know the first thing about the electricals, I've read that the earth contact can cause trouble....?

Any ideas will be gratefully appreciated.

Argobloke

Bike
    anything I can get my grubby wee paws on
    How fresh is the fuel? It goes off just sitting...

It could also be getting water in it from condensation in the tank.
    =mjc=

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoBloke View Post
    I am getting to the point of pulling the carb out to take it to a shop, perhaps they might be able to tell me WTF is wrong with it.
    I don't know the first thing about the electricals, I've read that the earth contact can cause trouble....?

Any ideas will be gratefully appreciated.

Argobloke
    Take the whole bike to a bike shop. Your opinion on what the actual problem is is only your opinion.

The carb may NOT be the issue. To light the fire you need fuel, air, and heat. ELECTRICAL'S provide the "Heat" bit.

Taking a carb to a "shop" tells them little ... do as jim.cox suggests and DRAIN and replace ALL the fuel first (not just the tank). Second ... CLEAN/replace the plugs and THEN check for spark.

If you don't use a bike for a while ... all the crud in the tank settles on the bottom. Try to start it ... and guess what enters the fuel system first.

SIMPLE things first.
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Bike
    2011 DR650SE
    Quote Originally Posted by jim.cox View Post
    How fresh is the fuel? It goes off just sitting...

It could also be getting water in it from condensation in the tank.
    Yeah, good point, I reckoned since it started several times last weekend it might have been good...will get some fresh fuel in it tomorrow and will report back.
    Cheers for the input
    AB

Bike
    16' xtz125e super-adventure, Ninja 650
    Blog Entries
    whens the last time you checked dem valve clearances? (non shim types IIRC so they go / can go out a lot quicker than your average bike but way easier to DIY set)

Bike
    GSX-S1000GT/DR 650
    With my DR I've taken to running the carb dry when I put it away after a ride. As others have said I'd start with the basic stuff first. When are the plugs last changed?

Thread Information