Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Project : French road racer in New Zealand had questions !

Bike
    less than I used to have
    ...cool shit...good on you...

Bike
    Obsolete ones.
    A Voxan. I'm gonna keep an eye on this thread for spectatoring opportunities. Awesome.
    Manopausal.

Bike
    Kawasaki ZX6R

She is alive !!!!!

Many thanks to Steve an Gavin who made it possible !!!

Bike
    suzuki
    i'd be keen to hear how your trip is going Morgan....

Bike
    Nowt any more
    Formidable a faire ton connaissance pendant le weekend.
    T'auras besoin surement, venir parler de ma moto IMD250 pendant le weekend prochain.
    Bonnes vacances pour ta famille.

A+

Steve
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." John Ono Lennon.

"If you have never stared off into the distance then your life is a shame." Counting Crows

"The girls were in tight dresses, just like sweets in cellophane" Joe Jackson

Bike
    k6 750 :)
    After logging in for the first time in aaaages, I stumbled across this thread @4 months ago, & thought I'd keep an eye on it as the story & developments were very very cool.

A couple months ago a mate in Holland, who I originally met at TT04, emailed telling me all about a mate of his, who was coming to NZ to race a Voxan!
    Small world.

I went & met Morgan & family & Manu at Taupo Round 1 last w/e; all lovely lovely people.
    He was enjoying the w/e, the track, the racing and sharing the Voxan story with punters who asked about it.

Turns out they were coming up to Rotorua during the week, so we had them all over for dinner one night.

Splendid evening spent hanging out, talking travels, bikes & european events.

Please, if you can, continue to show them the best of kiwi hospitality as they travel around; looking at the inside of a HiAce campervan gets a bit tedious, there's nothing like being in a home!
    Follow them on FB too, altho' they can only get online when there's WIFI around.

They are now slowly making their way down to Manfield, ready to set up in the sheep stalls, & kick things off at the practice day.

Fingers crossed this w/e is (lots) drier than what Taupo ended up being!!
    "Fit a front tyre you love, and put something round & black on the back"
    Il Dottore

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by emaN View Post
    After logging in for the first time in aaaages, I stumbled across this thread @4 months ago, & thought I'd keep an eye on it as the story & developments were very very cool.

A couple months ago a mate in Holland, who I originally met at TT04, emailed telling me all about a mate of his, who was coming to NZ to race a Voxan!
    Small world.

I went & met Morgan & family & Manu at Taupo Round 1 last w/e; all lovely lovely people.
    He was enjoying the w/e, the track, the racing and sharing the Voxan story with punters who asked about it.

Turns out they were coming up to Rotorua during the week, so we had them all over for dinner one night.

Splendid evening spent hanging out, talking travels, bikes & european events.

Please, if you can, continue to show them the best of kiwi hospitality as they travel around; looking at the inside of a HiAce campervan gets a bit tedious, there's nothing like being in a home!
    Follow them on FB too, altho' they can only get online when there's WIFI around.

They are now slowly making their way down to Manfield, ready to set up in the sheep stalls, & kick things off at the practice day.

Fingers crossed this w/e is (lots) drier than what Taupo ended up being!!

how's about getting him to tell us a bit on here, after all, he started this thread looking at how to ride here, it simply opened up the doors, and free shipping etc directly through here. I kind of think it's only fair he takes the time to acknowledge this and tell us his tales simply.

Bike
    I'm sure he will..

Please continue to give him the benefit of the doubt, and continue to be understanding of their on-going efforts; lots going on in making sure everything is packed up, transported to the next venue, unpacked etc, all the while trying to keep a young family occupied, & only having sporadic online access when at Macca's, etc etc

He really does not come across as the type who is in it for a free ride, especially going from his early posts in this thread.
    Il Dottore

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by emaN View Post

He really does not come across as the type who is in it for a free ride, especially going from his early posts in this thread.
    I have no doubt that that is not the case.
    FYI i'm on the commentary crew at the meetings and have so many people to catch up with at a meeting this would be a good place to get a better detail of his thoughts.....

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by jellywrestler View Post
    I have no doubt that that is not the case.
    FYI i'm on the commentary crew at the meetings and have so many people to catch up with at a meeting this would be a good place to get a better detail of his thoughts.....

(10characters)
    (wow, it HAS been a while since I KB'd; I'd even forgotten about '10characters'!!)
    Il Dottore

Bike
    Kawasaki ZX6R
    Hi everybody, we are on the place !!!
    After a wonderful event in Taupo, we had big trouble yesterday on the bike. We broke a valve on the last practice session, and it was a terrible moment for us.
    I'm very sorry if people were interested by the Vocan at Mainfeild, but we don't have the part here to fix it.
    However, one of my friend at the office is arriving in New Zealand on Saturday, and other friends in France give to him today all of the parts to repair !!!!!
    We are doing everything to achieve our goal, and I hope you could hear the nice sound of the Voxan in Wanganui !!!!
    I don't think that they are all on this forum, but the help of Steve from Carl Cox, Allan and Julie from Cemetery circuit and Jonathan from Rotorua are just true presents for us. We had a lot of luck for this project, we found incredible help, and we have to try everything to catch the dream of my friend Mig. When you know that it starts here 14 months ago... Just thank you guys of Kiwi Biker !!!

Bike
    Fantastic to hear there is a Plan B, Morgan!!
    Following your trip & progress with much much interest...
    See you in Wanganui!
    Il Dottore

Bike
    Kawasaki ZX6R

Video of the Voxan in New Zealand !!! ENGLISH SUBTITLES

To finish this post... And this story...
    The full video, with english subtitles of our adventure in New Zealand :

Thank you to all of the people who made it possible !!!

Morgan, Manu ad family

Bike
    '76 CB550 Super Sport
    Awesome. I'm glad you all had a great time.

Bike
    2005 GSXR750
    Fantastic!! Thanks for sharing that with us Morgan. Now that you and your family have done the North Island you will have to bring the Voxan to the South and maybe to the "Burt" and enjoy the other half of the country. I'm glade you enjoyed your time here.

Thread Information