Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tracers for new police bikes

Bike
    ES XTZ

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Weird choice, be good for urban busts of cellphone users in traffic I guess.
    You think they’d go with something more adventure styled for easier kerb hopping but prob an accountant madecfinal decesion
    Govt gives you nothing because it creates nothing - Javier Milei

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by R650R View Post
    Weird choice, be good for urban busts of cellphone users in traffic I guess.
    You think they’d go with something more adventure styled for easier kerb hopping but prob an accountant madecfinal decesion
    Being a government department the decision would be made by a committee, all members of which will have had the appropriate seniority, but likely no knowledge of the subject.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    2014 Honda NC750X
    Blog Entries
    Moe: Well, I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt. I mean not that fancy store bought dirt. That stuffs loaded with nutrients. I...I can't compete with that stuff.
    - The Simpsons

Bike
    '21 Ducati Multistrada 950S
    They could've gone with BMW for both cars and bikes. They supply to many law enforcement agencies in Europe both cars and bikes for policing work.

That way deal with one manufacturer.

Sent from my SM-N986B using Tapatalk

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    My only real thought on the bike is Rider comfort, especially on the open road, it's not a fully faired bike and the one time I got to sit on a 1300, it was very comfy (if not a bit on the heavy side, but then I rode a 'Busa - so....)
    Physics; Thou art a cruel, heartless Bitch-of-a-Mistress

Bike
    09 GSX1400.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeeper View Post
    They could've gone with BMW for both cars and bikes. They supply to many law enforcement agencies in Europe both cars and bikes for policing work.

Trouble is, the bean counters in HQ are looking for a bargain. That's why we've always had HQ's ,HZ's then Comodes etc etc...

Going European always costs,well, has in the past... lol.

You'd never go hungry with Nigella Gaz.
    If it weren't for flashbacks...I'd have no memory at all..

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket

Lack of dealer network will throw that back though, they need to be able to service them all around the country not just in the main centres. Holden had dealers evvvverywhere so they could do the servicing where ever the cars were based

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Many years ago, in another life, I worked in the office that purchased government vehicles. Including cop bikes. Back then the govt paid no tax on the bikes, they'd run them for three years then the bikes would retail for what the govt paid for them new. I was running a new CB500 at the time and the price they would have paid for a Suzuki 750 water bottle brought a tear to my eye. From memory about half what I paid for the Honda. Still, that must have been too expensive, they didn't buy the Suzuki.

The tender invite form had various questions regarding the specifications. One such was "maximum angle of lean."
    BMW, who only made air heads in those days, always replied, "Dependant on rider ability."
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    One such was "maximum angle of lean."
    BMW, who only made air heads in those days, always replied, "Dependant on rider ability."
    Ah, the legendarily rare, but witty German sense of Humour.

That made me smile.
    Physics; Thou art a cruel, heartless Bitch-of-a-Mistress

Bike
    https://riders.drivemag.com/news/lon...es-bmw-f750gs/

Because they are lighter and more nibble.

But as you guys are saying, probably decided by someone who has never ridden a bike themselves.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Autech View Post
    Lack of dealer network will throw that back though, they need to be able to service them all around the country not just in the main centres. Holden had dealers evvvverywhere so they could do the servicing where ever the cars were based
    Dealerships need base business to open service shops. Opportunity for more employment lost.

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Autech View Post
    Not really an issue. I often see Police vehicles on transporters heading for the big city repair shops. If they can do it for the four wheeled Police vehicles ... A motorcycle should not be a big issue to pick up.
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Bike
    Obsolete ones.

But as you guys are saying, probably decided by someone who has never ridden a bike themselves.

Dunno, a few years ago my old bro in law spent the day at Pukekohe trying to flog some Subarus to the Federales. I can't recall how it turned out, they didn't sell any WRX's, but apparently the guy testing the vehicles was very handy indeed.

I see no reason why these bikes weren't selected by someone who likes dragging the pegs and the occasional poppa wheelie.
    Manopausal.

Bike
    ES XTZ
    Quote Originally Posted by george formby View Post
    Dunno, a few years ago my old bro in law spent the day at Pukekohe trying to flog some Subarus to the Federales. I can't recall how it turned out, they didn't sell any WRX's
    They sold at least one to the Tekapo/Twizel station way back when

Thread Information