Page 25 of 70 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread: Well bikers are screwed - ACC levy

Bike
    CB750
    FS! makes me feel like if I dont get nailed by a car im not gettin me moneys worth!

Bike
    87 Honda VTZ250
    Quote Originally Posted by mynameis View Post
    Your mind is already running into alternatives eh. In that case you'd be saying another $700 per year on insurance.

But if you have a lil wee wee on the road you're scrooooed.
    No reg does NOT mean you instantly lose insurance.

This was discussed a couple weeks back in a thread titled WOF grace period.

In short, for insurance to decline a claim the reason cited for doing so must be the result of something which had an affect in the claim. Eg, if you didn't have a wof, and your tyres were bald, and you ran off the road, they are within rights to say "yep, tyres shit, no insurance", if you didn't have a reg and ran off the road, they can NOT say "no reg, no claim" because not having a current registration label is not going to have any impact on if you have an accident or not, no way, no how.

Matt_TG in that thread posted the legals, I also posted a quote in the thread from an insurance policy.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt_TG
    The official Insurance line on not having a WOF could be covered under Section 11 of the Insurance Law Reform Act 1977 that covers exclusions that cannot be applied... The bold and underlining is mine.

It means that you can have an unwarrantable vehicle, be pissed as a newt, and driving outside the terms of your licence but sitting at traffic lights. Someone hits you, but the above issues don't have relevance to the accident, so your insurers may not refuse your claim if YOU prove that the issues weren't relevant.

Where

a) By the provisions of a contract of insurance the circumstances in which the insurer is bound to indemnify the insured against loss are so defined as to exclude or limit the liability of the insurer to indemnify the insured on the happening of certain events or on the existence of certain circumstances; and

(b) In the view of the Court or arbitrator determining the claim of the insured the liability of the insurer has been so defined because the happening of such events or the existence of such circumstances was in the view of the insurer likely to increase the risk of such loss occurring,—

the insured shall not be disentitled to be indemnified by the insurer by reason only of such provisions of the contract of insurance if the insured proves on the balance of probability that the loss in respect of which the insured seeks to be indemnified was not caused or contributed to by the happening of such events or the existence of such circumstances.

Not what the original question was about though, but perhaps relevant.

Bike
    Hikoi

Bike
    My little Pony
    Quote Originally Posted by chrispy121 View Post
    also if a motorcycle goes off the road and the accident is caused by unmarked road works can we now sue the council for our acc levie as they might have caused the accident to begin with.

there are a lot of arguments but I agree with some on here we need to arrange a protest ride and everone needs to come together and fight this.
    and we can have a big pile up and up the ACC deficit and blame the government for causing it as we HAD to protest
    Save the world, Kill someone

Bike
    2006 Honda CBR1000RR

What ACC do Rugby players pay?

Take a look at any emergency department in the weekend during winter - Rugby players all day. What ACC fees do Rugby players pay?

Bike
    None at present
    So regardless of whether we have had an accident or not, we are all just being lumped together with those who have had accidents and hurt themselves and others.

Fantastic.

It should be the same as insurance - on a pay as you go system. What about bikers who have had an accident where they are not at fault? Why should they have to pay extra?

This is robbery. If there are any protest rides on in Wellington or Auckland, I'm there. Bastards.
    What you have in your heart will be revealed through what you have in your life.

If things are going badly in our circumstances, the answer to what is happening to us outwardly is more often than not found in the mirror.

Bike
    tedium
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    Perhaps you should pull your head out of your fucking arse.

I said it about the cheesecuhttp://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/images/bgold/editor/menupop.giftter campaign and the same applies here - until motorcyclists are seen to be accepting of the fact that we have created a lot of the woes that befall us there is no hope of us getting any process reversed.
    Perhaps you should take your own advice. I did say my head agreed with you. However, I also said there's a time and a place. At this particular time and place, telling everyone "we've created our own mess" is only pissing everyone off.

So unless you've something constructive to say about how we can avoid this ACC hike (whether deserved or otherwise), then
    GO FORTH AND PROCREATE WITH YOURSELF
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickha
    Fuck off, cheese has no place in pies
    Quote Originally Posted by Akzle
    i would could and can, put a fat fuck down with a bit of brass.

Bike
    Hornet 599
    Blog Entries

Thumbs down

Fuck this who's organising the ride.

From Auckland to Wellington time it to land in Welly at rush hour.

Bike
    My little Pony
    I'm putting a hitch on the front of my bike and registering is as a TRAILER!
    hahahahahahha
    Save the world, Kill someone

Bike
    speed triple
    $745 is just the acc component.. A rego will around $950..
    Ive 3 bikes, Ill register none. Just pay the fines. Ive been doing it for a few years now and havnt been nicked once..

Bike
    2004 VTR1000 & KXF250 trailer trash
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkLord View Post
    So regardless of whether we have had an accident or not, we are all just being lumped together with those who have had accidents and hurt themselves and others.

Fantastic.

It should be the same as insurance - on a pay as you go system. What about bikers who have had an accident where they are not at fault? Why should they have to pay extra?

This is robbery. If there are any protest rides on in Wellington or Auckland, I'm there. Bastards.
    Me too - what a fuckin joke.
    Learn basic maintenance as motorcycle boots are not comfortable for walking in

Bike
    BMW r1200r
    Quote Originally Posted by mynameis View Post
    It's all relative, the gubmint has spoken it's going up. The prciks before National should never allowed ACC to go into $4 bill def.

Someone has to pay for it now, guess who that will be
    Pricks before this government! Idiot! National Govnt are liars, they are only lining there own pockets and all there business friends over ths one.
    Labour govt was the most honest govnt you will be seeing until there crooks that are in are out.
    Wait until you have to pay you own hospital bills, or your own private health....if they decide they want to insure you, riding a motorcycle and all.....because that is where this government is heading, you will have to have health insurance.....then lets see who you are calling pricks!
    Just remember... "wherever you go, there you are" .....Buckaroo Banzai 1984

Bike
    Katanasaurus Rex
    Quote Originally Posted by scracha View Post
    So unless you've something constructive to say about how we can avoid this ACC hike (whether deserved or otherwise), then
    GO FORTH AND PROCREATE WITH YOURSELF
    It's called due process.

We are not going to get anywhere by simply standing there screaming "FUCK YOU, YOU FUCKERS".

I did say my head agreed with you.
    Go re-read your post. You appeared to say quite the opposite.

Katman, whilst my brain agrees with me, for once my fingers just can't help but type

Bike
    Triumph
    I feel like Ive just been fucked up the arse by the government..there goes my virgin arsehole
    <span style=font-family: Century Gothic><font size=4><font color=DarkOrchid>Live and let live</font></font></span>

Bike
    speed triple
    Wadda bout buying just the miles you do like diesel miles.

Thread Information