• 1101-1200

5 25.00%
  • >1201

0 0%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What's the RRP of your phone/device/smartphone/cellphone fucken thing

Bike
    SWM RS 650R
    No idea what its worth, work pays for it. Never bought a cellphone in my life.
    I mentioned vegetables once, but I think I got away with it...........

Bike
    Sold
    Handed in my company phone on retirement. Use a <$300 Motorola MotoG2 bought through eBay and it does just fine. $19/month Vodafone prepay.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    I have a Galaxy S2(?) cost $200.00 as I recall. After I'd had it a week I wanted to throw it at the wall, still do periodically.

On its own that info is a bit misleading. 'Cause I have two iPads and three iPods of various vintages, you'da thunk I'd have bought an iPhone, and I would have but I didn't want a plan, just prepay.

Another reason I didn't want an expensive phone was that the last two went through the washing machine.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    S1000RR
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    I have a Galaxy S2(?) cost $200.00 as I recall. After I'd had it a week I wanted to throw it at the wall, still do periodically.
    Also had one for over 4 years. Those things are Samsung failures. Why? Because they were indestructible.

Samsung customers weren't upgrading to newer phones because S2 would just keep on going. It fell out of my pocket at 50kph, dropped, thrown at, drowned in coffee etc... And it didn't crack the screen. Brilliant phone. But apps and Android OS eventually became too demanding for S2's hardware.

Tl;dr
    Sturdy phone but became too darn slow!

If you can make it on Kiwibiker you can make it anywhere.

Bike
    2002 Ducati ST4S
    Got an iPhone from work (on to my third one in 15 months). If I were to need to buy my own phone I would find it very difficult to fork out $1200+, I'd probably get an old iphone second hand for $600 max.

Bike
    I buy second hand and keep a few years. Paid 350 for a under 12 month old xperia z5 compact last year. Waterproof and good size for bike jackets :-)

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    My first phone was a Motorola flip phone that I only did away with due to the pins on the charger plug coming lose. I then bought a Samsung S3 mini which I still use and it was a bit over $300 I think. When I do update it I will get a phone of about the same price. I would never spend $1400 or higher on a phone but have bought an Ipad pro mini that was about $1,250
    so... no pressure to keep up with technology eh. fascinating.

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mangere View Post
    Got an iPhone from work (on to my third one in 15 months). If I were to need to buy my own phone I would find it very difficult to fork out $1200+, I'd probably get an old iphone second hand for $600 max.
    . .

Bike
    GSXR1000
    I bought my own ph, cost over $1000. Why? Because I can, because I wanted to, because I don't care what anyone thinks about how I spend my money.

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    I'm on a company iphone and laptop but soon will be starting my own business so will need to buy my first phone in 6 years or so. Went to the mall the other day and nearly cried at the fact the base iphones and Samsungs are now 1200 rather than the 1k I was expecting.
    Massive piss take as I know the little Chinese boy that puts them together would barely see 10cents of that.

Any suggestions on a good place to buy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bike
    2002 Ducati ST4S
    Quote Originally Posted by Autech View Post
    I'm on a company iphone and laptop but soon will be starting my own business so will need to buy my first phone in 6 years or so. Went to the mall the other day and nearly cried at the fact the base iphones and Samsungs are now 1200 rather than the 1k I was expecting.
    Massive piss take as I know the little Chinese boy that puts them together would barely see 10cents of that.

Any suggestions on a good place to buy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Pretty much all shops sell them for the same price. Even if you buy it in 'merica you're only gonna save 1 or 2 hundred. Vodafone, Spark, 2Degrees offer them interest free with a 24month contract which works out alright.

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Quote Originally Posted by mangere View Post
    Pretty much all shops sell them for the same price. Even if you buy it in 'merica you're only gonna save 1 or 2 hundred. Vodafone, Spark, 2Degrees offer them interest free with a 24month contract which works out alright.
    Might be easy to write that into the business as an ongoing cost too. I'm speak to Mr Accountant.

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Autech View Post
    Might be easy to write that into the business as an ongoing cost too. I'm speak to Mr Accountant.
    you can depreciate tech like that over 3 years iirc. but yeah, hp goes through the books quieter.

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Nothing to brag about but im amazed at how many OTHER people are obsessed with what you have.

My phone cost a few dollars but its formeostly a mobile web and map browser to me, the phone function is secondary importance and have it on prepay plan.
    Been bloddy useful and still is....

But hey oits ok to blow $100s a week on smokes or poiss your savings away against a wall.....
    Govt gives you nothing because it creates nothing - Javier Milei

Bike
    CB919, 1090R, R1200GSA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by EJK View Post
    Tl;dr
    Sturdy phone but became too darn slow!
    Indeed. Even the S3 was a pretty good brick. I have an S4 that's been dropped a lot, but its in a Otterbox as I was expecting that (basically said to my boss it has to have a case). Supporting a client with S7s... fucken things just lose information from the exchange mailbox when they feel like it. Remove the account and re-add, everything is back. I definitely feel as they get more complicated more issues creep in and reliability heads south.

I still like removable batteries (S4 is on it's 3rd), so I wouldn't mind an LG V20...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jane Omorogbe from UK MSN on the KTM990SM
    It's barking mad and if it doesn't turn you into a complete loon within half an hour of cocking a leg over the lofty 875mm seat height, I'll eat my Arai.

Thread Information