Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Are Brexit and Trump the biggest ever embarrasments!

Bike
    Sold
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryDorsetCase View Post
    I dont think its that simple. In particular when you have the Russkis with their hand up Trumps arse moving his mouth, and his naked self interest (say what you will, he is a 1%er and not in the cool way) and also things like Cambridge Analytica and their involvement in the UK's election I am not sure that the "people" (whoever they are) get a chance to speak.

Trump in my view is one of the most unexpectedly successful conmen in history. In spite of incompetence, misogyny, racism, support from fundy fuckwits, there he is. He will get in again too, I'm convinced of that.
    Pretty much agree with what you say. In Trump's case, he was also ably assisted by the Democrats putting up seriously dodgy opposition to him. The UK interests me more. I was a massive fan of Ian Richardson as Francis Urquart in the original UK "House of Cards" (good episode here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06TJo9My38o). Good stuff, even if I thought it was a tad far-fetched. It now seems mild by current events. The real winners as you intimate are Russia and probably China.

Bike
    Sold
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemonLord View Post
    The is the same scenario as Donald Trump - when the Politicians try and go against the People, the People go against the Politicians - and win.
    Winning won't happen by means of the ballot box - Winning by the people is called "Revolution" - - Serious shit! -

Could that be why they so desperately want to take away the peoples guns? - -

Bike
    1972 Norton Commando
    Quote Originally Posted by oldrider View Post
    Winning won't happen by means of the ballot box - Winning by the people is called "Revolution" - - Serious shit! -

Could that be why they so desperately want to take away the peoples guns? - -
    Other than the much romatisied American one, what other ones have gone well? , French one... lots of wars, Russian one... lots of death, Chinese... much the same. Irish had a few goes.... Venezuela..... Hussy... help me here with some quotes...
    DeMyer's Laws - an argument that consists primarily of rambling quotes isn't worth bothering with.

Bike
    less than I used to have
    Quote Originally Posted by Voltaire View Post
    Other than the much romatisied American one, what other ones have gone well? , French one... lots of wars, Russian one... lots of death, Chinese... much the same. Irish had a few goes.... Venezuela..... Hussy... help me here with some quotes...

...there have been the odd bloodless coups, mainly in wishy washy countries with a wishy washy system...pointy sticks and blood are the only way out...despots do seem to have a lot of cocksucking, sycophants with ambition, or a lot to lose, to prop them up...can't imagine getting a lot of joy from lynching Jacinda or Crusher...both clever (?) fuckwits, but that's all...but they are only miniscule agents of or for other people on the planet...backwater shithole...

Bike
    Breaking rocks
    Blog Entries

Bike
    Breaking rocks
    Blog Entries

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    How 'bout them motorbicycles huh?
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    Katanasaurus Rex
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    How 'bout them motorbicycles huh?
    Good point.

Haven't you got someone's bike auction you should be trying to sabotage?

Bike
    Sold

How and why it all began in the first place?

How a secretive elite created the EU to build a world government:- https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/new...overnment.html -

[Quote]As the debate over the forthcoming EU referendum gears up, it would be wise perhaps to remember how Britain was led into membership in the first place.[Unquote]

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    Good point.

Haven't you got someone's bike auction you should be trying to sabotage?
    You do realise that TardMe isn't linked to KB yeah?
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    bandit
    - maybe it's because the People want Brexit and they know that Nigel will deliver on Brexit.
    Here's the real issue - what does "deliver on Brexit" mean? A "Hard Exit" or a negotiated exit with a deal ..

The UK is trying to negotiate a deal under with the UK leaves the EU. Largely, this is a free trade deal. The EU has little interest in such a deal - their attitude seems to be "just go ..."

There is also a payment to the EU (widely thought to be £39bn) - which is payable with or without a deal ..

Teresa May did get a deal - but that was rejected by her own Parliament. Now the MPs are saying they should negotiate a better deal - but the EU has no interest at all - and it appears they'd rather take a No Deal leave ..

When you say that the People want Brexit - that's a big maybe .. now they are starting to understand the consequences they are backing away from Brexit .. it coull have huge negative economic impacts on Britain ...

Good summary here - relatively short and no big words ..

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-32810887
    "So if you meet me, have some sympathy, have some courtesy, have some taste ..."

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    Quote Originally Posted by Banditbandit View Post
    Here's the real issue - what does "deliver on Brexit" mean? A "Hard Exit" or a negotiated exit with a deal ..
    Not part of the Single Market, Not under the auspices of the ECJ, no representation as in MEPs, no EU access to the UKs exclusive Economic Zone etc. etc.

Basically, not tied into the EU in any way shape or form.

The UK is trying to negotiate a deal under with the UK leaves the EU. Largely, this is a free trade deal. The EU has little interest in such a deal - their attitude seems to be "just go ..."

There is also a payment to the EU (widely thought to be £39bn) - which is payable with or without a deal ..
    That's not entirely accurate - there are many EU businesses where some of their largest non-domestic market is the UK - German Cars for example, There is a Trade Deficit with the UK from the EU's PoV - namely the EU does more business with the UK than the UK does with the EU. So if you assume a WTO Brexit - that means the Tariffs (assuming an even distribution of goods) will hurt the EU more than the UK.

The second part - £39bn - seems like a bit of interest for a deal.

And lastly - the Attitude of the EU is just go? I'm sorry I absolutely disagree here - if the UK leaves and is a success, that may cause the EU to crumble and fail, even if Brexit is a mess, the fact that the UK is a net-contributor to the EU is going to have serious ramifications.

As proof of this - the EU voted unanimously for an extension to Article 50 - if they wanted the UK to 'Just go' - there would have been no such vote.

Teresa May did get a deal - but that was rejected by her own Parliament. Now the MPs are saying they should negotiate a better deal - but the EU has no interest at all - and it appears they'd rather take a No Deal leave ..
    Ah yes, Theresa the Appeaser - Her Deal was terrible. It paid the EU money and failed to fully take the UK out of the EU, The Backstop had no time limit and no bilateral clause to allow the UK to leave.

The EU appears to have no interest at all, because they have a Deal that gives them everything they want and they know that the Majority of Parliament want to remain, all they have to do is play a game of chicken and hope that the UK Parliament caves in.

When you say that the People want Brexit - that's a big maybe .. now they are starting to understand the consequences they are backing away from Brexit .. it coull have huge negative economic impacts on Britain ...
    Britain has a long and very proud history of doing the right thing, suffering in the short-term, but emerging all the better for it.

If you look at the Polling, aggregating the options for Leave without a Deal and Leave with a Deal - it's a greater majority than the Referendum result (52% to 48%) - there are a good number of people who voted Remain but accept they lost and the right thing is to leave.

From memory on those poll results Leaving with no Deal had the largest single vote share.

Good summary here - relatively short and no big words ..

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-32810887
    The BBC has burned it's once good reputation for fair and balanced when it came to Brexit - from the article, it repeats the lines from Project Fear - that leaving the EU will cause Financial Chaos (bearing in mind those predictions came from people who have been consistently wrong on major issues to do with both Brexit and Politics in general), 4 paragraphs dedicated to the negative consequences, and only 2 lines from the pro-brexit stance.

If you go to the Linked article about '10 ways it could affect you' - first up we have the claim that Food will go up in price - that will only happen if the Government decides to set a Tariff on Food from the EU, which both Labour and the Tories have said they wouldn't do. Then trotting out the empty supermarkets line, as if the UK will just close the Ports to Europe - it's a patently absurd notion and the fact it's being printed by the BBC is even more so.
    Physics; Thou art a cruel, heartless Bitch-of-a-Mistress

Bike
    Katanasaurus Rex
    Britain has a long and very proud history of doing the right thing.....
    It also has a long history of creating clusterfucks around the world.

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    It also has a long history of creating clusterfucks around the world.
    Which you only know about because the successes spread the history of the English People far and wide....
    Physics; Thou art a cruel, heartless Bitch-of-a-Mistress

Bike
    Katanasaurus Rex
    Which you only know about because the successes spread the history of the English People far and wide....
    No, we know about it because the clusterfucks are still there to this very day.

Thread Information