Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Motorcycle Doctors - excellent service

Bike
    GSX1400 K7
    George is a top bloke. Its nice to get A1 top service. Even ringing him for advice he's always willing to help. Last service on my bike, he went out of his way doing loads of extra bits and pieces for no extra charge. Heaps better service and half the price of a dealer. from now on i will always use him for work. Good to feel that when you pay out your not getting charged the earth for stuff that hasn't been done properly!!!

+1 Motorcycle Doctors from me.

Even got a genuine merry xmas phone call over the holidays

Bike
    TF125
    Quote Originally Posted by NinjaNanna View Post
    I saw you missed the Northland Loop on the weekend but then saw you post about George in another thread.

I assume your carbs are now sorted and your a happy camper?
    Unexpected issues came about which George has now sorted. I'm about to go to the gargre now to fire Te Whale up and find out how she's going.

I can't rave about the service from George enough to be honest. He discounted the last lot of work he did for me, not because he didn't do a thorough job the last time, more because he is mindful of the fact that I'm not a bank. I'd hate to think of how much I would have paid a stealership for the work he's done for me to date.

Bike
    Cagiva Xtra Raptor
    When does he do the services? I work during the day (as I'm sure most of us do) I'm not able to be at home while he comes around to do the service, does he do afternoons/evenings/weekends?
    Motorcycling is like life - it's about the journey, not the destination.

Bike
    XV 535
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by musicman View Post
    When does he do the services? I work during the day (as I'm sure most of us do) I'm not able to be at home while he comes around to do the service, does he do afternoons/evenings/weekends?
    He can do them while you work, at your work if you want, nice guy ay?
    Quote Originally Posted by nodrog View Post
    you dont get 180+ hp out of 998cc by being nice to trees.

Bike
    1993 Yamaha Zeal 250
    Hey whats his number?I need servers soon. The Price from the shop is too much...

Bike
    2003,Kawasaki ZX-9R

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by z99 View Post
    Hey whats his number?I need servers soon. The Price from the shop is too much...
    0800 668 663 or search the member list for motorcycle doctor and PM him.
    I'll vouch for him. George is a good hard working guy.

Bike
    GSX1400 K7
    Quote Originally Posted by musicman View Post
    I took the cage to work, left my garage open for him, and met him there after work. I'm sure he could easily organise something for you

Bike
    BMW R1200s

Plug for Motorcycle Doctors

Major panic last night when I hopped on my bike and got a grinding sound from the front brakes.
    Spent ages trying to see where the noise was coming from without success.
    While I'm happy to change my own oil etc I leave brakes to the professionals.
    Murphys law - I'm booked for the track this weekend and was looking at having to cancel and forfeit my payment

Called around a few shop this morning and everyone was booked out (not like mid-winter when I get a same day service)

Put a call in to George at Motorcycle Doctors who said he was pretty busy but he'd call me early afternoon to let me know.
    Not only did he call when he said he would but he turned up 5 minutes after the phone call.
    A quick inspection of the brakes revealed a small stone lodged in between the pads.
    Funny thing was the noise had actually gone but George discovered the brakes were locking on.
    Problem fixed and brakes tested he said I was good to go for the track.

Then when I tried to pay the man he said not to worry about it !!!

So - massive props to the Motorcycle Doctors - I know who I'll be calling for my future service needs.

Bike
    1999 Honda CBR6
    A mate of mine who lives up in Auckland swears by this fella, i'm thinking perhaps co-incide my next visit up there to when my service is due. Aleays good to hear word of mouth recommendations for something so important as bike servicing!!!!!

Bike
    2013 Yamaha MT-09
    There has been some good feedback on the good Dr.

Will start to consider him for future bike services.

Bike
    Hornet 250
    thats awesome! customer service like that deserves recognition and i bet will earn them plenty more customers! good stuff MD!

Bike
    TF125
    Motorcycle Doctors is going to get all of my future business, George is awesome.

Bike
    Honda F4i
    Best recommendation I've had.

Great service.
    I wave to every biker I see.

Bike
    92 Yamaha FJ1430A
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NinjaNanna View Post
    Just thought I'd let you know about my experience with George from Motorcycle Doctors.

To me that is EXCEPTIONAL CUSTOMER SERVICE - thank you George - you will get all of my business!
    George is an old mate of mine .. was one of the first people i met in NZ.. he was an apprentice at one of the first bike shops i worked at here ..

he is also one of 3 people i will let touch my bike ..

2 thumbs up from me.. this guy is a bloody good bastard and a damn fine mechanic..
    Life is tough. It's tougher when you're stupid

SARGE
    represented by GCM

Bike
    vfr400 NC30, SRX600 project
    You say cheaper than a dealer, how much are we talking? say looking at the service that wild west honda do here...http://www.wildwesthonda.co.nz/wawcs...epartment.html I have a single cylindar, the middle service cost 200 or so inc parts (Though they didn't replace the air filter and spilt some brake fluid on the handlebars :-|)...

Thread Information