Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: It's indestructable biker season again!

Bike
    2010, Suzuki DR-Z400SM

It's indestructable biker season again!

Yay! :-(

Sorry pet hate of mine ... people riding bikes wearing a T-Shirt, no gloves and light trousers or shorts :-(

Or are the local bikers made of stuff tougher than kevlar ?

Bike
    Yamaha XJR1300
    Ha !
    Too right. I've been noticing more and more on the road too. This weekend I was riding about with the wife on board and she was pointing them out to me on the motorway.
    RT1150 rider in slacks and tennis shoes, Harley pilot in a leather waist coat and a T-shirt, just all sorts of stupid motorvating about the streets of Dorkland.

Head to toe leather and Kevlar, I am starting to feel over dressed!

Bike
    Obsolete ones.
    Just in time for the middle of the road, mirrorless, me, me, me drivers too.
    I've already seen some mind boggling examples of "holiday driving" up here.

Be afraid, very afraid. Open your eyes & put your gear on.
    Manopausal.

Bike
    SF
    As long as the law only requires a helmet, people are free to choose. I don't like it that way since I pay a shiteload of ACC levies but at the moment, that's the way it is

Bike
    2000 Honda Hornet 600
    What are these people gonna wear if hi-vis was compulsory?
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Your beliefs don't make you a better person, your behaviour does.

Bike
    Kate
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigadee View Post
    What are these people gonna wear if hi-vis was compulsory?
    Helmet shorts and hi-viz vest. Where's the problem?

Need some of these type ads

or

Last edited by oneofsix; 24th October 2012 at 13:06. Reason: vids, thanks Vic
    Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people. --- Unknown sage

Bike
    None any more
    Don't ignore summer biker sexism either. I am amazed at the riders one sees out with BFF, or prospective BFF, on the back wearing street clothes (including shoes and a fashion leather jacket) and a helmet that doesn't fit properly.

Sexually transmitted diseases are one thing, sexually affected carnage is something else entirely. Ladies, if his cock's that small that he's prepared to put you at risk for a root, look elsewhere. Seriously.
    "Standing on your mother's corpse you told me that you'd wait forever." [Bryan Adams: Summer of 69]

Bike
    RC36, RC31, KR-E, CR125
    Quote Originally Posted by steve_t View Post
    As long as the law only requires a helmet, people are free to choose. I don't like it that way since I pay a shiteload of ACC levies but at the moment, that's the way it is
    One can only hope that the lack of protective gear makes them try really really hard not to fall off.
    "A shark on whiskey is mighty risky, but a shark on beer is a beer engineer" - Tad Ghostal

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    I did the SICKEST fuckin wheelie down the motorway yesterday. Only put it down because I was getting cold. Standing up doing a wheelie, the fairing doesn't keep the wind of my bare arms.

Bike
    RC36, RC31, KR-E, CR125
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    I did the SICKEST fuckin wheelie down the motorway yesterday. Only put it down because I was getting cold. Standing up doing a wheelie, the fairing doesn't keep the wind of my bare arms.
    Do they put fairings on GN125s?
    "A shark on whiskey is mighty risky, but a shark on beer is a beer engineer" - Tad Ghostal

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Quote Originally Posted by bogan View Post
    Do they put fairings on GN125s?
    Suzuki don't, but that's only because they're not cool enough!

Bike
    2010, Suzuki DR-Z400SM
    Quote Originally Posted by bogan View Post
    One can only hope that the lack of protective gear makes them try really really hard not to fall off.
    Actually if you crash and strip all the skin off your arms, when they do the skin graft from your arse you'll gain an excellent layer of scar tissue. That, combined with the nerve damage, means you'll never feel the cold on your arms again! A win situation!

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Quote Originally Posted by strandedinnz View Post
    Actually if you crash and strip all the skin off your arms, when they do the skin graft from your arse you'll gain an excellent layer of scar tissue. That, combined with the nerve damage, means you'll never feel the cold on your arms again! A win situation!

Chicks dig scars too!

Bike
    Yamaha XJR1300
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitcher View Post
    Don't ignore summer biker sexism either. I am amazed at the riders one sees out with BFF, or prospective BFF, on the back wearing street clothes (including shoes and a fashion leather jacket) and a helmet that doesn't fit properly.

Sexually transmitted diseases are one thing, sexually affected carnage is something else entirely. Ladies, if his cock's that small that he's prepared to put you at risk for a root, look elsewhere. Seriously.
    I wrap my wife up in her XXXS helmet, massively bulky sport touring jacket with more padding than a sumo suit, kevlar 'skid pants' and thick leather boots. She moans and caterwauls about being seen in public like that every single time we go out.
    I think you'll find that for many women, looking good is more important than staying alive.

Bike
    2010, Suzuki DR-Z400SM
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Limb View Post
    I think you'll find that for many women, looking good is more important than staying alive.
    Just tell her you find her looking like the Michelin Man is sexier than her looking like an extra from Resident Evil

Thread Information