Page 3 of 45 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Biden

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    The White House has a large collecton of artwork. All presidents decorate the spaces they use with artworks to their preference. Fine. There were multiple occasions when Trump's choices were criticised or analysed. There were more important things to write about then, so too now with Biden.

When Biden has finished moving in, a tour of his selected artworks might be interesting.
    I haven't seen what desk he has chosen
    Most ones of late have gone for the one Kennedy had. the one made from timbers of the HMS Resolute, Queen Victoria gifted tit to Rutherford B. Hayes in 1880
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Oval_Office_desks

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	resolute-desk-jfk-1611083241.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	112.9 KB 
ID:	348378
    Edit this morning
    took out portait of Andrew Jackson who had held white supremacist views like trump and replaced it with another former founding father that did not then replaced the bust of a rich aristocratic British conservative with ones of US civil rights movement icons. yeah, how dare he.............

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...president-made
    Last edited by husaberg; 23rd January 2021 at 08:18. Reason: edit okay same desk
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    09 GSX1400.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1/32 man View Post
    Roogazza mentions “woman of colour”
    That stands out for me.

Why not just “woman” ?
    Quote Originally Posted by pete376403 View Post
    For conservatives in the US, "woman" is bad enough, being "woman of color" would cause a total meltdown. Anyway it's how they (WoC) describe themselves.
    yes 1/32 ,not language I'd use, but I did it tongue in cheek....
    I won't mention what I really call them.

You'd never go hungry with Nigella Gaz.
    If it weren't for flashbacks...I'd have no memory at all..

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by husaberg View Post
    I haven't seen what desk he has chosen
    Most ones of late have gone for the one Kennedy had. the one made from timbers of the HMS Resolute, Queen Victoria gifted tit to Rutherford B. Hayes in 1880
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Oval_Office_desks
    The new First Cat was pictured sitting at that desk yesterday. I thought the Resolute desk was the standard fitment in the oval office now. There were a couple of what appeared to be bronze busts behind the desk but who they were I couldn't say.

Kamala Harris' new desk isn't quite as flash, but it is an impressive piece of furniture.

Some of these Yank politicians are not fully literate, Senator Hawley, Stanford and Yale Law, recently used the nonsense word "irregardless". Now a Trump supporting Congresswoman has typed, "Your point of you." She typed this while defending "the big lie". Both errors caused some merriment among pedants.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    CT110 Super Cub - postie bike
    Quote Originally Posted by 1/32 man View Post
    Roogazza mentions “woman of colour”
    That stands out for me.

Why not just “woman” ?
    Because the fact that she is non-white is as big thing than being a woman in the context of being the Vice President.
    Grow older but never grow up

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    The new First Cat was pictured sitting at that desk yesterday. I thought the Resolute desk was the standard fitment in the oval office now. There were a couple of what appeared to be bronze busts behind the desk but who they were I couldn't say.

Kamala Harris' new desk isn't quite as flash, but it is an impressive piece of furniture.

Some of these Yank politicians are not fully literate, Senator Hawley, Stanford and Yale Law, recently used the nonsense word "irregardless". Now a Trump supporting Congresswoman has typed, "Your point of you." She typed this while defending "the big lie". Both errors caused some merriment among pedants.
    Martin Luther King, Rosa Parks, Ab Lincon, Eleanor Roosevelt, and most interesting Cesar Chavez. maybe the last is a not so subtle up yours to the tRump demonizing Mexicans imigrants as rapists and murderers yet employing them as they are cheap
    maybe replacing Winston Churchill's (a rich white aristocrat) bust with US icons of civil rights and replacing a portrait of a US president (jackson)who supported an extension of slavery with a feminist icon Eleanor Roosevelt will upset a few racist and sexist gits.
    Keeping the Desk which is a nod to close relations to the UK is enough.
    hes also got rid of the button trump had used to summon a butler with diet Coke on a silver plater

Name:	biden-desaparece-boton-rojo-coca-cola-trump-1024x529.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	84.9 KB 
ID:	348384
    https://twitter.com/tnewtondunn/stat...806017/photo/3

Worse still for Trump supporters it seems Bidens team has replaced sharpies with pens in the oval office
    Also Trump’s had signed many Executive Odors.
    I reminder distinctly .

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    This tweet from a newly elected senator appealed to me.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-01-23 at 10.35.42 AM.png 
Views:	91 
Size:	230.4 KB 
ID:	348385  
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Wots I gots.
    Martin Luther King, Rosa Parks, Ab Lincon, Eleanor Roosevelt, and most interesting Cesar Chavez.
    You do know that Chavez was all about border control?

"The late labor leader Cesar Chavez, whose bust sits behind President Biden’s desk, was vehemently opposed to the immigration policies that the president has promised to enact.

The bust of Chavez was noticeably present behind Biden on Wednesday as he signed executive orders on immigration, overturning former President Donald Trump’s policies and benefiting people in the United States illegally and those trying to enter illegally.

Biden was immediately questioned about the Chavez bust on social media, with many wondering why someone who opposed Biden’s stance on immigration would have such a prominent place in the Oval Office.

“Note the bust of Cesar Chavez behind Biden as he signed executive orders,” conservative radio host Larry Elder tweeted. “Is Biden aware that Chavez, born in USA, HATED #illegalimmigration because it depressed wages — and that Chavez worked with the feds to stop it?”

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Jezzuz krist.

I saw Biden wearing pants. Do you know who else wore Pants? Joseph Stalin that's who!

Next he'll be accepting Satan. That's what Catholics do.
    Jewish Catholics.

Jewish shape shifting lizard Catholics.

For did Nostradamus predict, And from the west there shall be an uprising for which democracy is to its core is unfulfilled?

Stop the steal. And it came to pass.

Pass it on.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    husaberg
    Martin Luther King, Rosa Parks, Ab Lincon, Eleanor Roosevelt, and most interesting Cesar Chavez. maybe the last is a not so subtle up yours to the tRump demonizing Mexicans imigrants as rapists and murderers yet employing them as they are cheap
    maybe replacing Winston Churchill's (a rich white aristocrat) bust with US icons of civil rights and replacing a portrait of a US president (jackson)who supported an extension of slavery with a feminist icon Eleanor Roosevelt will upset a few racist and sexist gits.
    Keeping the Desk which is a nod to close relations to the UK is enough.
    hes also got rid of the button trump had used to summon a butler with diet Coke on a silver plater

Name:	biden-desaparece-boton-rojo-coca-cola-trump-1024x529.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	84.9 KB 
ID:	348384
    https://twitter.com/tnewtondunn/stat...806017/photo/3

Worse still for Trump supporters it seems Bidens team has replaced sharpies with pens in the oval office
    Also Trump’s had signed many Executive Odors.
    Quote Originally Posted by RDJ View Post
    You do know that Chavez was all about border control?

"The late labor leader Cesar Chavez, whose bust sits behind President Biden’s desk, was vehemently opposed to the immigration policies that the president has promised to enact.

The bust of Chavez was noticeably present behind Biden on Wednesday as he signed executive orders on immigration, overturning former President Donald Trump’s policies and benefiting people in the United States illegally and those trying to enter illegally.

Biden was immediately questioned about the Chavez bust on social media, with many wondering why someone who opposed Biden’s stance on immigration would have such a prominent place in the Oval Office.

“Note the bust of Cesar Chavez behind Biden as he signed executive orders,” conservative radio host Larry Elder tweeted. “Is Biden aware that Chavez, born in USA, HATED #illegalimmigration because it depressed wages — and that Chavez worked with the feds to stop it?”

Maybe you should actually read what i wrote before replying
    Do you know ALL US presidents are against illegal immigration?
    The difference is not all US presidents are as overtly racist or bigoted as former president twice impeached trump was.
    I would suggest you stick to copying NAtional party press releases in an attempt to pass them off as being from official OECD reports.
    https://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/s...post1131173241
    I reminder distinctly .

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    I see there is bipartisan “outrage” at treatment of National gaurd.... Since when did the army need someone to hold its hand and organise accomodation. They were supposed to be expecting an insurgency, should have been too busy digging trenches and filling sandbags to be crying about sleeping on floor.... I guess millennials must have filtered through into logistics leadership.....
    Govt gives you nothing because it creates nothing - Javier Milei

Bike
    Suzuki GSX-s1000F 2016
    yes 1/32 ,not language I'd use, but I did it tongue in cheek....
    I won't mention what I really call them.

Because the fact that she is non-white is as big thing than being a woman in the context of being the Vice President.
    Nice to have my comment acknowledged.....and was it acknowledged by white males?

Bike
    less than I used to have
    ...I love this man...kept me entertained for months and he keeps on giving...

https://youtu.be/ixe28nPRhjE

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ellipsis View Post
    ...I love this man...kept me entertained for months and he keeps on giving...

https://youtu.be/ixe28nPRhjE

He's done some good stuff. A while back he was saying his boss sacked him but I don't think that was part of the act.

Brent Terhune is great too.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCcFISJNE-k

There is also a woman but I don't know her name, she just pops up on Twitter. She gets mistaken for the real thing even more than the two guys.

Bike
    Wots I gots.
    President Biden spent the entire campaign last year running on a platform to shut down the novel coronavirus, only to back away from the signature pledge on day 3 of his White House tenure with.... wait for it... “There’s nothing we can do to change the trajectory of the pandemic."

Although, perhaps serving notice to upwards of 70,000 people in his first week that he's killing their jobs, may keep them at home...?

Bike
    Wots I gots.
    And here's one just for huffaberg

https://nationalfile.com/biden-scrap...hed-americans/

Thread Information