Bike
    I Ride No More

Seemingly Not Everyone is Suffering

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    Isn't it funny that the Left who were

1: so in favor of Lockdowns and keeping people safe and
    2: so opposed to Billionaires, the 1% and the rich getting richer

Have helped line the pockets of the Mega-Corporations.
    Physics; Thou art a cruel, heartless Bitch-of-a-Mistress

Bike
    I Ride No More
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemonLord View Post
    Isn't it funny that the Left who were

1: so in favor of Lockdowns and keeping people safe and
    2: so opposed to Billionaires, the 1% and the rich getting richer

Have helped line the pockets of the Mega-Corporations.
    Well, I suppose it depends upon your sense of humour.

In both the case of the US and the UK, I'm not sure that the Left (whoever that may encompass ) had all that much say in the matter. What with Trump and the GOP in charge in the US, or Boris and the Conservatives in the UK.

And whether it be funding (i) PPE (ii) ventilators (iii) vaccine development in the US, or just the awarding of PPE contracts in the UK.

https://www.thelondoneconomic.com/ne...-rules-221559/
    https://bylinetimes.com/2020/12/24/t...-of-christmas/

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Don't bother trying to reason with him. He is so invested in blaming an ideology, that little facts like, who was in power have little to do with it.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    Don't bother trying to reason with him. He is so invested in blaming an ideology, that little facts like, who was in power have little to do with it.
    If you look at the US - there was a very clear divide between Blue states who were very pro-lockdowns and Red States who were very pro-libertarian.

But this is not about who is in power, it's about your individual view on the Lockdown (which often is informed by certain other views, that relate to political leanings) - I've been on record here as not being a fan of the Lockdowns and taking a very pro-libertarian stance on it.

Whereas those who are on the Left in general where more in favour of Lockdowns.

The irony being that the policies they were in favour of, have directly caused the Rich to get Richer - which they are supposedly opposed to.

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    Quote Originally Posted by Viking01 View Post
    Well, I suppose it depends upon your sense of humour.

In both the case of the US and the UK, I'm not sure that the Left (whoever that may encompass ) had all that much say in the matter. What with Trump and the GOP in charge in the US, or Boris and the Conservatives in the UK.

And whether it be funding (i) PPE (ii) ventilators (iii) vaccine development in the US, or just the awarding of PPE contracts in the UK.

https://www.thelondoneconomic.com/ne...-rules-221559/
    https://bylinetimes.com/2020/12/24/t...-of-christmas/
    As per above to F5Dave - this is less about who was in power, but more about your personal view on things - with the Libertarian and Generally Right-wing view on it being 'Let the people be and take their chances' and the Left-wing view generally being 'No, we must protect everyone'.

And the result of that has been a cost to small business owners (whom traditionally the Left have been the champions of) and massive profits for the Mega-Corps (who they are opposed to)

And yes - I find that hilarious, for many reasons.

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Forecasting another lockdown by end of next week. People travelling over Easter, poor diet choices, sleep deprived from parties, wet and cold from camping/swimming. Some fecker will get the sniffles go and get tested positive.... they will have been everywhere so prob level four for Auckland and three for rest of country.
    Govt gives you nothing because it creates nothing - Javier Milei

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Covid = Cold. Interesting. Tell us more.

Is it caused by homosexuals?

Bike
    I Ride No More
    If you look at the US - there was a very clear divide between Blue states who were very pro-lockdowns and Red States who were very pro-libertarian.

But this is not about who is in power, it's about your individual view on the Lockdown (which often is informed by certain other views, that relate to political leanings) - I've been on record here as not being a fan of the Lockdowns and taking a very pro-libertarian stance on it.

Whereas those who are on the Left in general where more in favour of Lockdowns.

The irony being that the policies they were in favour of, have directly caused the Rich to get Richer - which they are supposedly opposed to.
    So if I read it correctly, you'd be a big Russia fan in that case ?

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-54885616

Bike
    I Ride No More
    As per above to F5Dave - this is less about who was in power, but more about your personal view on things - with the Libertarian and Generally Right-wing view on it being 'Let the people be and take their chances' and the Left-wing view generally being 'No, we must protect everyone'.

And the result of that has been a cost to small business owners (whom traditionally the Left have been the champions of) and massive profits for the Mega-Corps (who they are opposed to)

And yes - I find that hilarious, for many reasons.
    So, what about the Social Democracies from the Scandinavian countries ? The ones in the centre ?

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    So if I read it correctly, you'd be a big Russia fan in that case ?

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-54885616
    What a world we live in when Russia appears to be adhering to a number of Liberal principles...

but Glib comments aside - and with the benefit of Hindsight, I'm still opposed to nationwide Lockdowns. I can stretch to having targeted Quarantines to protect those most vulnerable (the Elderly and those with pre-existing conditions).

So to answer your question - Russia appears to have done okay, this is not to say that I'm an overt fan of Russia (Bit too many suspicious deaths of people critical of Putin for my liking), but even in that statement - I can still respect Russia for sticking to it's principles and for outright rejecting the current wave of Marxist activism from the West (funny how all the former Soviet Bloc countries are very opposed to Social Justice - it's almost like they lived through it...)

So, what about the Social Democracies from the Scandinavian countries ? The ones in the centre ?
    The Scandinavians are a very odd bunch (and this is coming from someone with a great affinity for many things from that region - Rally, Black Metal etc.) - Most of their libertarian and Progressive ideals tend to come from a place of Stoicism, or to quote Kimi Raikonnen "Leave me alone, I know what I'm doing" - The geographic layout and the Weather also has a factor on the national psyche, which very much shapes their outlook on life.

So what you get is this weird combination of Individualism with a strong sense of Community.

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Covid = Cold. Interesting. Tell us more.

Is it caused by homosexuals?
    That’s not a speciality subject for me ;p

Covid is based on common cold virus. We all know our immune systems are weakened by poor diet and lack of sleep during holiday times plus alcohol for some and temp extremes if your camping outdoors etc... although caveat we know nothing yet about the new case and their work/life balance... exposure mechanisms etc....

Right on que told ya so another lockdown looms... plus Jacindas jinxed us with Tasman bubble promise....

https://i.stuff.co.nz/national/healt...d-gives-update

Apparently Scomo has already booked a flight of 501s for the first bubble flight noting that Jacinda talks so much about equality it’s time that the less fortunate were the first to get a holiday

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Do you think Echinacea will boost our immune system more than Tumeric? Or does combination do better than individually?

Bike
    I Ride No More

A Slippery Slope

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Do you think Echinacea will boost our immune system more than Tumeric? Or does combination do better than individually?
    Not something I’m familiar with. A balanced diet is best for all and often vitamins from real world food sources are absorbed better than the “extracts” on the shelf... nature knows best I guess

Thread Information