Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2028293031 LastLast

Thread: NOT GOOD, Worst deaths in 19 years

Bike
    It was on the good
    Quote Originally Posted by AllanB View Post
    I keep looking at my Ducati - no way a friggin front plate is going on it.
    It will be a simple barcode or some such that digital cameras can read from 100m at 140km/h. It will be introduced for tax avoidance reasons because rego will keep going up and more people will stop paying and we all know this AA speed camera thing is a crock.

Failure to display the barcode will result in seizure of the bike. Job jobbed.

Talking of number plates, saw YACANT last week. Not sure how that one slipped through. Normally I think that when I see a personal plate but this one made me chuckle.

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    I have wondered why the existing rego cards have a barcode.

Bike
    Valkyrie 1500 ,HD softail, BMW r1150r
    Quote Originally Posted by AllanB View Post
    I have wondered why the existing rego cards have a barcode.
    Last time I got pulled over cop swiped rego sticker and licence....
    Gave him all the info he needed.
    Saved us both changing unpleasantries.....
    Opinions are like arseholes: Everybody has got one, but that doesn't mean you got to air it in public all the time....

Bike
    R1200RT LC
    Quote Originally Posted by Berries View Post
    Talking of number plates, saw YACANT last week. Not sure how that one slipped through. Normally I think that when I see a personal plate but this one made me chuckle.
    Somewhat off topic, but there was a BMW Series 3 in Christchurch a couple of years back with the plate ELIXIR.

Every time I saw it I though to myself "I bet 'e does"

Bike
    2000 kawasaki zzr1100, 88 1500 goldwing
    Quote Originally Posted by rastuscat View Post
    Somewhat off topic, but there was a BMW Series 3 in Christchurch a couple of years back with the plate ELIXIR.

Every time I saw it I though to myself "I bet 'e does"
    thats a bit like the woman who nicknamed her hubby "drambuie", its one o those fancy lickers

Bike
    Obsolete ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by russd7 View Post
    thats a bit like the woman who nicknamed her hubby "drambuie", its one o those fancy lickers
    I can lick my eyebrows, the G/F generally gets out of the shower shouting dinners ready! I have schnitzel, she has sausage.
    Manopausal.

Bike
    1994 Triumph Trophy 1200
    Quote Originally Posted by russd7 View Post
    Like the pub that had the sign Liquor in the front - poker in the rear

Quote Jan 2020 Posted by Katman

Life would be so much easier if you addressed questions with a simple answer.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Berries View Post
    Talking of number plates, saw YACANT last week. Not sure how that one slipped through.
    From memory there was a local KBer had "cahn". Which was quoting Fred Gassit I believe.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    06 Honda 919-79 T140E Triumph 96 Guzzi
    fredgassit.tripod.com/

"If you ever need anything please don’t hesitate to ask someone else first.”

Anyhoo don't forget to add to calendar 19th May, 27th July, and 31 August.
    World whisky day, International whisky day, and Scotch whisky day.

Bike
    R1200GSA
    How long before rego stickers are gone? They got rid of the tax disk in the U.K. Don't renew, expect a fine in the post. Anyone who is interested types your number into some device that confirms car is all legal which for them is tax, MOT and insurance. Then again the uk police forces are by and large more concerned with HOW you drive, not the speed you drive at.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Life is not measured by how many breaths you take, but how many times you have your breath taken away

Bike
    CB919, 1090R, R1200GSA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulsterkiwi View Post
    Then again the uk police forces are by and large more concerned with HOW you drive, not the speed you drive at.
    Then again, you might get stopped in unusual ways...

Quote Originally Posted by Jane Omorogbe from UK MSN on the KTM990SM
    It's barking mad and if it doesn't turn you into a complete loon within half an hour of cocking a leg over the lofty 875mm seat height, I'll eat my Arai.

Bike
    Valkyrie 1500 ,HD softail, BMW r1150r
    Quote Originally Posted by Gremlin View Post
    Then again, you might get stopped in unusual ways...

He wasn't writing a ticket

That would never catch on here.....
    Opinions are like arseholes: Everybody has got one, but that doesn't mean you got to air it in public all the time....

Bike
    M109R, GS1200ss, RMX450Z, ZX-12R
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulsterkiwi View Post
    How long before rego stickers are gone? They got rid of the tax disk in the U.K. Don't renew, expect a fine in the post. Anyone who is interested types your number into some device that confirms car is all legal which for them is tax, MOT and insurance. Then again the uk police forces are by and large more concerned with HOW you drive, not the speed you drive at.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rego stickers have been gone for years.....different colour for a different year, it was easy to spot.
    Haven't the big brother cameras on certain thoroughfares into london already have number recognition for vehicles? Any thing picked up on the data is relayed through to plod for them to go scouting for said vehicle.

Bike
    less than I used to have
    All their technology means five eighths of fuck all if some revenue collecting agency doesn't tap the keys and put in the information. I got stopped on our highway for a motorcycle only check about six weeks ago. Warranted and Rego brand new a week or so earlier. The uniformed tax man fiddling with his electronic notebook asked me to get off my bike and accompany him to one of the five cars they had to pull up a few bikes as my bike was not registered, Fuck off, I said, the bike is registered and licenced, and made him check my sticker...Oh sorry, he said, it doesn't register on my 'gizmo', have a good day...cahntz

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by T.W.R View Post
    Rego stickers have been gone for years.....different colour for a different year, it was easy to spot.
    Haven't the big brother cameras on certain thoroughfares into london already have number recognition for vehicles? Any thing picked up on the data is relayed through to plod for them to go scouting for said vehicle.
    ANPR cameras are in NZ ... some on patrol cars in each region .... and some I think at fixed speed camera sites. The bill is in the mail ....
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Thread Information