Page 878 of 2629 FirstFirst ... 37877882886887687787887988088892897813781878 ... LastLast
Results 13,156 to 13,170 of 39427

Thread: ESE's works engine tuner

Bike
    husaberg
    I linked vimamold a few pages back.......
    Vinamold

http://fibreglassshop.co.nz/products...meltable-vinyl
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Quote Originally Posted by Yow Ling View Post
    that's kinda like the "how did you get a baby out of there"question
    Not really. Cylinders aren't overly stretchy or flexible in my experience.

Are you gonna cut it off, or have I missed something entirely like normal?

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    Not really. Cylinders aren't overly stretchy or flexible in my experience.

Are you gonna cut it off, or have I missed something entirely like normal?
    the Vimold is rubbery think abutt it.......
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    TT500 F9 Kawasaki EFI
    I use something rubbery, yes thats it Husaberg, vimamould that's what it's called. Heat it in a pot to about 170 C then pour into a pre prepared port. I use teflon spray down the port first ( after cleaning the surface ) . Put a slug down the cylinder to stop the rubber flowing out, and lastly insert a coach screw ( or somthing like it ) into the rubber as it sets. There is a lot of shinkage as the rubber solidifies so keep pouring. When cool just pull the rubber port copy out.

Bike
    TT500 F9 Kawasaki EFI
    SVC cylinder is getting close, now the slow finnishing process, painting and sanding. Still have to sort out round the exhaust.

And around the water core prints, this is where the cooling water will be directed into the cylinder.

Top four screw lugs are for holding the head water jacket on only, not the head itself.

Bike
    TT500 F9 Kawasaki EFI
    Cheated a bit today, I 3D machined this core box in aluminium. The wood one could be used no problem but I've found that cores , like the water one, that have a lot of exposed surface area to the molten aluminium can cause venting trouble. Cores made in a hot mould ( shell moulding sand ) are far better at venting hot gases out through the core prints and not into the molten aluminium.
    Off to the foundry this weekend but I don't think I'll get this cylinder cast, still needs a few nights of finishing and tidying, I'm just concentrating on the 360 cases. Probably take a day off next week and have crack at it.

Bike
    YLR150RR and a RD350LC
    Quote Originally Posted by Flettner View Post
    I use something rubbery, not sure what it's called? Heat it in a pot to about 180 C then pour into a pre prepared port. I use teflon spray down the port first ( after cleaning the surface ) . Put a slug down the cylinder to stop the rubber flowing out, and lastly insert a coach screw ( or somthing like it ) into the rubber as it sets. There is a lot of shinkage as the rubber solidifies so keep pouring. When cool just pull the rubber port copy out.
    It sounds alot like the stuff Husaberg is talking about Vinamold, hotmelt , reusable. Thanks
    My neighbours diary says I have boundary issues

Bike
    RG50 and 76 Suzuki GP125 Buckets
    These molds of Flettners are getting very interesting, they advanced much quicker than I would have thought possible, I am looking forward to seeing the casting.

Bike
    Well, after 20 liters of fuel and hours on the dyno I am not a lot closer to having a running EFI setup.

But I have started to learn how to recognize one or two of the symptoms displayed by things that may be wrong.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ProCal.JPG 
Views:	44 
Size:	201.1 KB 
ID:	290374

The teller for an injector that is to big, is that FUELPW1 will drop to some minimum like 2ms in the lower TPS/RPM ranges and seem to be stuck there and the engine continues to run rich, however much the map values are changed. If lowering the map values does not reduce the mixture then the injector is probably already running as slow as it can.

You can change the minimum pulse width but the rule of thumb is that 2ms is the minimum energized pulse width for properly opening an injector for repeatable results. If the injector is only a little bit big and things are desperate You can go lower 1.75 - 1.5 but 1ms like I have entered in my advanced calibration fields for injector 1 and 2, turns out to be way to short, as the injector just does not have enough time to open properly.

When running staged injectors where the system swaps from a smaller one to a larger one as the load increases and the swap over is not clean then the issue is sizing the injectors in the advanced calibration file. You would think that entering the so called factory data would be enough.

But the factory data seems more a guide than a fact and some experimenting with the static-flow-rate number is needed to get a smooth crossover. Making the number bigger will lean out the fuel and smaller will make it richer as the CPU will think it is a smaller injector and hold it on for longer.

At the other end of the RPM range the problem can be the minimum-injector-pulse-break-time which defines how long the injectors must be off for. And is used to force the change over to injector 2 but it acts on both injectors and if your not careful it can be so wide that injector 2 can't stay on long enough at high RPM to deliver enough fuel. The teller is that the FUELPW2 has stopped increasing or could actually be decreasing as RPM goes up and increases to the fuel map at high RPM does not increase the fuel being delivered.

Well I feel as though I have learnt a lot but I still have not got the dam thing running properly, guess I will just have to open another 20 Liter can of gas and spend a few more evenings after work on the dyno.

Bike
    TZ400
    Have just returned from taking away the Americas Cup of Karting in Vegas.
    We dominated/won S4 = Senior Stock Moto with over 80 entries, the locals very unhappy about being dicked by a first timer foreigner in the class,Matt Hamilton from ChCh
    One thing I learned was that they are now " addicted " to reading the data logger.
    I concentrated on the piston crown and plug reading combined with a weather station and chased the jetting every heat,and we won most of them.
    The data is perfect for getting gearing and chassis setup nailed with the on board accelerometers, and is what we use here as well.
    But the data they use includes an O2 sensor ( in the muffler ) and is dead reliable, so I bought a kit for my dyno.
    Will let you guys in on how it goes and the relevance of the readings Vs on track performance.
    One thing they got very wrong was trying to get good AFR numbers, all the time.
    My approach was that on the stand, with no load, the motor should be able to react instantly to full throttle from idle.
    The logic being that going into the apex on zero throttle the usual next action is to floor it, with almost zero initial airspeed over the nozzle.
    To get this to work the idle circuit must be well over rich and act like an accelerator pump in a 4T would.
    This gives instant response off turns, and was a big part of the overall jetting strategy to win going away in the final.
    Ive got a thing thats unique and new.To prove it I'll have the last laugh on you.Cause instead of one head I got two.And you know two heads are better than one.

Bike
    Exercycle
    Well done Wob.

Matthew is a very underrated pedaller - from observation, if you give him the right gear, set up well, he's world class.

and you obviously gave him the right setup.

Bike
    Good stuff Wob.....

Bike

Name:	More Injectors 002.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	241.0 KB 
ID:	290411

Half the point of EFI was to get away from having to have a selection of jets but it looks like I am building up a collection of injectors instead.

Name:	EFI - 2 006.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	227.8 KB 
ID:	290412

This time I am going asymmetric with the smaller number one injector for start up and low end running in the left hand transfer and the bigger of the two secondary injectors in the rear boost port and the smaller of the two secondarys in the right hand transfer on the rotary valve side.

Under WOT and full power I am aiming to have all three injectors pumping and for starting and trickling around it will be running only on the smallest and most sheltered injector.

Anyway, all changed over and ready for another session to see how this setup goes and if we can get it any closer to being dialed in.

Bike
    TT500 F9 Kawasaki EFI
    Quote Originally Posted by TZ350 View Post

Well I feel as though I have learnt a lot but I still have not got the dam thing running properly, guess I will just have to open another 20 Liter can of gas and spend a few more evenings after work on the dyno.
    You should be so lucky, the F9 used to drink 200L drums of ethanol. I think it thought I had my own private still.

A couple of sand cores from the alloy die. These will be used in the moulding /casting next week.
    Black stuff is carbon from the accetylene tourch, good non stick surface.
    You can see how the core prints ( sticky out bits ) will hold the sand core in position to allow metal to flow around the core. When the metal has solidified the sand bond is destoyed and the sand pours out of the holes left behind by the core prints, leaving a water cooling cavity. You will see.

Bike
    yamaha
    Quote Originally Posted by wobbly View Post
    My approach was that on the stand, with no load, the motor should be able to react instantly to full throttle from idle.
    The logic being that going into the apex on zero throttle the usual next action is to floor it, with almost zero initial airspeed over the nozzle.
    To get this to work the idle circuit must be well over rich and act like an accelerator pump in a 4T would.
    This gives instant response off turns, and was a big part of the overall jetting strategy to win going away in the final.
    You try and explain that to the jetski guys and they tell you reverse jetting doesnt work. Its awesome. lots of timing and lot of fuel = massive hit off the bottom.

Thread Information