Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Jay Lawrence TT 2019

Bike
    motocompo

Jay Lawrence TT 2019

https://www.ukclubsport.com/kiwi-law...-and-carl-cox/
    I will continue to update this thread from location as things progress.

Bike
    suzuki
    be great to see some onboard footage of practice week as he progresses.

Bike
    moped
    Thanks for the update Steve, best of luck to you "J" and the team, enjoy. Thats a suprise did not know it was with the "Buildbase" Team WoW!!! We will be watching progress, but would love to be back there again, hope the weather stays kind.

Bike
    GSXR1000
    Looking forward to reports on his progress. Have a blast Jay!

Bike
    Honda VF750f.

Good luck

Good luck dude, put on an awesome display last labor weekend in greymouth. 🤘🤘
    For a man is a slave to whatever has mastered him. Keep an open mind, just dont let your brains fall out.

Bike
    motocompo
    The Buildbase Gsxr will be doing duty at the bsb round at Donington this weekend.
    As a result we have managed to source a freshly built (by team Hawk buildbase) Gsxr1000 superstock bike from Kevin Cringle of Baldrine I.O.M for first practice. The guy is a total legend & has lent us his virtually brand new bike & given us acces to his workshop in his absence to use as we wish.
    We also have Damon Rees staying with us.
    Great people, great times

Bike
    TF125
    Good luck Jay.

I knew you had the goods the day you passed me on the left, around a bend in the 'rapa on a Hyosung Aquila 650 with a pillion onboard while I was on my 1100.

Bike
    XR650R
    from what I've seen , he will go well at the island, makes me wish I was 30 years younger !, best wishes for you Jay

Bike
    motocompo
    Quote Originally Posted by Madness View Post
    Good luck Jay.

I knew you had the goods the day you passed me on the left, around a bend in the 'rapa on a Hyosung Aquila 650 with a pillion onboard while I was on my 1100.
    Been out cutting a couple of refresher laps in the £500 E46 BMW 328i manual from 4am this morning with Daniel Mettam on board, he's running a 600 here. The BMW seems to have one out of balance wheel at 120mph over the mountain.
    Jay had a Aquilla 650? I'm going to give him shit about that when he emerges

Bike
    motocompo
    Quote Originally Posted by Temporary-Kiwi View Post
    from what I've seen , he will go well at the island, makes me wish I was 30 years younger !, best wishes for you Jay
    He has a fantastic team behind him, a great bike & knows the course to the point where he can narrate corners, bumps, jumps & relevant waypoints 1 km ahead. The hardest part is digesting what he's saying & checking it one KM Later as we arrive there constantly for 75 miles (two laps) at a time of day where I'd usually be in bed for another three hours.
    We are at well over 50 dawn or late night car laps & won't stop doing that until he gets on the bike.

Bike
    GSXR1000
    Cheers for the updates!

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by sidecar bob View Post
    He has a fantastic team behind him, a great bike & knows the course to the point where he can narrate corners, bumps, jumps & relevant waypoints 1 km ahead. The hardest part is digesting what he's saying & checking it one KM Later as we arrive there constantly for 75 miles (two laps) at a time of day where I'd usually be in bed for another three hours.
    We are at well over 50 dawn or late night car laps & won't stop doing that until he gets on the bike.
    night time low beam is one of the best ways to deal with it once you've done the basic learning, statistically the second time going there is the worse one....

Bike
    Street Triple R
    Keep us posted, and best of luck for the racing
    I thought elections were decided by angry posts on social media. - F5 Dave

Bike
    TF125
    Jay had a Aquilla 650? I'm going to give him shit about that when he emerges
    It was a TSS demo bike, he was probably still at school. I’m happy that only he & Glenn Skatchill gave me the learn on my ZZR1100, the latter onboard a 150. I got fresh oil put in my E61 530i today, cunt complained he couldn’t find the dipstick.

Bike
    motocompo
    Spent most of today at the workshop preparing the Kevin Cringle owned super stock bike for a test session at Jurby tomorrow afternoon before it heads off down Bray hill on Saturday afternoon.
    I was quite surprised to fill an A4 page with notes of bits & bobs that needed attending to on it.
    Had the company of the Cringle brothers working alongside me on a CBR600 & 675 Daytona, both with fairly good pedigree.
    I have shed envy once again, five seperate work bays, all well equipped.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190522_151052.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	783.7 KB 
ID:	341907  

Thread Information